[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

linux is tough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1463578827277.jpg (80KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
1463578827277.jpg
80KB, 500x737px
>tfw too stupid to use linux
>tfw I can't even install or uninstall a program
>tfw I will be cucked by microsoft eternally even though I strongly dislike it
JUST

I've tried Ubuntu which is memed by you guys to be easy for tech-illiterate normies but I fail to make it do what I want. wanted to uninstall Amazon spyware - failed. wanted to install GCC 6.2 - failed. wanted to use another desktop manager, failed. do I have to become really good at using bash and apt first before you can enjoy linux?
why does linux have to be so hard? I don't want to bend to the microcock anymore.
>>
>>56933682
Just keep trying, Anon. Ask us anything :D
>>
>>56933682
But Ubuntu doesn't come with amazon spyware anymore?

How old is this pasta?
>>
>>56933682
Linux Mint comes without the spyware.
Also:
Cntrl + k
Then type:
sudo apt install gcc

P.S I thought gcc came by default in cuntbuntu?
>>
>>56933682

Lol what a dummie. Just install a different spin (Kubuntu, Lubuntu) That doesn't have Amazon and RTFM.
>>
>>56933717
It does.
>>
Installing Linux is fucking stupidly hard.
>>
>>56933682
>JUST
kys
>>
>>56933708
what's the right command to download a package? 'sudo apt-get install' or 'sudo apt install'?

>>56933709
see pic related. it's a fresh ubuntu 16.04 and theres this amazon thing in the launch bar to the left.
>>
>>56933737
>plug the zip disquette into universal shit bort
>click on things
>install

????????
>>
Just use windows it's not like you pay for it anyway and I use win 7 so no telemetry bullshit why gimp yourself with linux?
>>
>>56933855
sudo apt-get install
>>
>>56933743
>kys
please go back to facebook
>>
it seems kali is also memed hard by /g/, why is this? inb4 mr robot
>>
>>56933922
>win 7
>no telemetry
Nice meme
>>
>>56933855
The Amazon thing is there still. But the botnet part is disabled by default in the settings.
>>
>>56933941
Feel free to prove me wrong if you have such objection to my statement.
>>
>>56933682
I'm sure you installed Gentoo or Arch shit. Try Mint and you have a software center and apt-get and a program for additional drivers. It's very easy.
>>
>>56933855
try using aptitude, then you are also able to search packages, first install aptitude:
sudo apt-get install aptitude

then use aptitude search "your program" and will give you the right names. then you can install it with apt-get
>>
>>56933682
If you're a begginer, you should use Linux Mint with Cinnamon. That's what begginers uses.
>>
>has a bad experience
>thinks he fucked up instead of instantly saying "this shit is bad you guys suck"
This healthy behavior is getting rarer by the day.

OP, you can try Linux Mint (or LM Debian Edition) to get started. I used it when I was learning. You could even try Manjaro, which is also easy to use.
Those are perfect as main OSes for not so experienced people. I myself am transitioning from Manjaro to Arch now.

If you couldn't do basic stuff you probably fucked up somewhere, because Linux isn't as tough as you'd think (especially those newbie-friendly distros).
Just don't go for like, Gentoo on your first try.
>>
>>56933682
> wanted to use another desktop manager, failed

Start up by the basics, such as just using the OS, don't mess up software versions.

Ubuntu is know for being a broken distro for people who want to customize it, or even changing basic stuff.

Get other spin, like Xubuntu, or Kubuntu if you want another DE.

Learn 0101 stuff like basic commands, package management.

You can get PPA's (third party repositories), for installing newer versions of software on Ubuntu based distros.

Use it, learn it, then you can try it's base distro (Debian), if you want to "lower the level", and customize everything.
>>
>Synaptic is no longer installed by default in Ubuntu 11.10, however it is still useful in some situations.

What a piece of trash... Fuck *buntu!
>>
>>56933922
namaste!
>>
>>56933956

1: Run Windows
2: Do nothing
3: Run wireshark on other PC
4: Try not to cry
5: Still cry
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.