[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ENCRYPTION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: th.jpg (16KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
16KB, 300x168px
Thoughts? Do you use it? Why do you use it for? I use it on my laptop just in case it gets stolen, what about you guys?
>>
>>56930869
same. mostly for if its stolen and for the principle
>>
inb4 asynchronous backdoor
>>
>>56930869
laptop and smart phone, more worried about jamal than the nsa
>>
>>56930869
Same as you

But only on my external HDD that i bring with me since my laptop never leaves the house and i'm pretty secure here
>>
>>56930902
You can encrypt your smartphone?
>>
>>56930960
yes?
>>
>>56930869
Illegal and needs to be banned!
>>
>>56930869
I would use encrypted email... but I can't find anyone to use it with me. Also hard drive and usbs
>>
>>56930869
I use it every time I go to a site using https.
>>
>>56931459
It is in China, pretty much
>>
>>56930960
Yeah, you won't be able to update your cm14 pajeet edition ROM though
>>
>>56930869
I use it
Keeping my bank credentials secure, making my hard drive not accessible from the fuckers in my dorm, also just in case it gets stolen of course, I have it on my phone and Desktop, Cryptsetup and Encrypted Android FTW.
>INB4 PEDO
LOL, If I had the feds knocking on my door I would happily help them look and they will happily not find anything illegal
>>
>>56930960
It's called Apple iPhone
>>
>>56932788
i feel you bro
>>
It is funny that I decide to go to /g/ just as I am thinking of the encryption I use at work that I implemented a few months ago.

I work at a small medical office and I use both symmetric and asymmetric key encryption to maintain a HIPAA-compliant back-up. The entire database is compressed/encrypted first with 7zip using a long key, then the .7z file is encrypted using gnupg making a .7z.gpg file and the files are then copied to a separate hard drive that is in a rotation with another drive held by the owner in a padded case. These are swapped every week.

HIPAA mandates integrity and privacy of data and for an office of our size, this is sufficient- If the office ever burned down, the boss has a copy of the entire database that is no older than a week (losing a week vs losing 10+ years of patient data) and if his drive is ever stolen or lost, all I have to do is destroy the only copies of the encrypion keys held at my apartment, rendering the data on the lost hard drive useless.

I feel a bit autistic using 7z and gnupg, but I suppose this redundancy further ensures the security of the data if a vulnerability is ever discovered with one of the two encryption methods.

We also use an ipsec/l2tp VPN which tunnels Windoze RDP for remote clients.

Yeah basically in the medical field you use encrypion or you get fucked.
>>
>>56930960
Holy shit this guy.
>>
I encrypt my micro SD cards. Damn things stick out so much, a bad bump could cause one to eject out without me knowing it.

>inB4 just tape over it
>>
How to encrypt my PC? I have 1 HDD 1 SSD and MSZI Gaming M5 mainboard
>>
>>56930869
I use it constantly. Everytime the adress line says https for example, or in my home WLAN connection.
My user password is encrypted on my system.
And I hope my credentials are encrypted everywhere on server side as well.
Or my medical files in the systems of my doctors, my insurance, and so on.
Not even counting all the things that claim to use encryption, like whatsapp.

I use encryption vividly. And I don't have mentioned a single encrypted personal file on my PC so far.
>>
where do I learn about this? I don't even know what encyrption does or how it works
>>
How many threads on this do we really need?
>>
File: scarf.png (172KB, 400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
scarf.png
172KB, 400x1000px
>>56935241
At least seven.
>>
My PC and smartphone are encrypted... :^)
>>
>>56935241
Nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>56930869

I only encrypt connections, off site backups and ssh keys.
>>
>>56930869
It's the same principal as having a lock on your door.
>>
>>56936802
Wrong. Having a simple password like windows login is like locking your door.
>>
>>56930960
>I limit myself to game apps
>>
How can I encrypt my laptop can someone help me walking through the stepa?
>>
>>56937927
1. Go to google.com
2. ????????
3. Profit!
>>
>>56930869

I have nothing to hide, so I don't use it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.