[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i finace the google pixel xl for 2 years? I want a qhd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 16

File: php63q0hb.jpg (127KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
php63q0hb.jpg
127KB, 970x647px
Should i finace the google pixel xl for 2 years? I want a qhd phone to upgrade from my s5 and i was really impressed by the camera on the pixel
>>
>>56930756
Placing importance on smartphone cameras is a fucking meme
>>
>>56930756
Pixel XL is retarded. Buy a Nexus 6P.
>>
>financing a phone

Fucking retard poorfag
>>
>>56930756
horrible choice. get the 6p
>>
>>56930756
Just pay the 800-950 out of pocket. If you cant afford to drop that kind of cash all at once you really shouldn't spend it on a phone.
>>
File: 1472341885001.jpg (24KB, 276x366px) Image search: [Google]
1472341885001.jpg
24KB, 276x366px
>>56930828
What tell me what to do with my money you kike. Financing helps build credit and its intrest free. Fucking children on this board, why i never come here
>>
>>56930820
>>56930780
The pixel has better specs and the nexus 6p is the last of a dead product line. Also i want this google vr thing and i get a promocode if i preorder a pixel
>>
>>56930954
>financing technology made to go obsolete by the time you are done paying for it

I think we all know who the idiot is
>>
>>56930782
What's wrong with financing a phone??
>>
>>56930954
>Interest free

You should read the fine print like the mature adult you pretend to be
>>
>>56931006
Promo code from where?
>>
>>56931017
>being a consumerist whore

Yeah, you.
>>
>>56931017
The money depreciates over 2 years, why would i give google all my money up front when i can jew them around for 2 years by financing a 750 dollar item?
>>
>>56931019
Because a phone depreciates quickly, while the interest makes you pay more so you end up losing money. Also the only essential feature of a phone is whether it can make calls or not, which you can do with a $10 burner anything else is a luxury. It's bad a bad financial decision to buy things you can't afford on credit, especially unnecessary things.
>>
>>56931052
Its on the google website. Says promo code for dream vr thing if you preorder the pixel
>>
File: 18b[1].jpg (33KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
18b[1].jpg
33KB, 400x505px
>>56930756
If you're gonna spend that much money you might as well buy the excellent Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge

Unlocked versions can be had for much cheaper and they're just as good if not better

I've seen them going for $500 instead of paying $800 for a phone with pretty much the same functionality

Get rid of the touchwiz thrash and it's the best phone on the market for people who aren't poor
>>
>>56931075
>Wanting the gimped Samsung version of Android

They make good phones but they're version of Android is awful and its becoming harder and harder to unlock Android phones
>>
>>56931066
The phone isnt an investment. Its money i want to waste on things that i want. >>56931100
Yeah samsung is shit. Only reason i am using one now is because i broke my moto x. That was my favorite phone and i think the pixel will have a similar experience
>>
File: 1455741163267.png (494KB, 902x648px)
1455741163267.png
494KB, 902x648px
>>56931033
0% apr just make the payments on time. Its not rocket science.
>>
>>56931066
>>>56931019
>Also the only essential feature of a phone is whether it can make calls or not, which you can do with a $10 burner anything else is a luxury.

How is that at all the only essential feature? Camera, light, GPS, audio recorder, it's A COMBINATIONS device, I would argue that calls are the least essential aspect to the modern smartphone user. Most people opt for minimum minutes if they can get more data. Fuck, texting is arguably the most bare minimum people look for in a plan, pay and talk with ten dollar unlimited texting was the highest selling item when I was selling phones, for fuck's actual sake.

>It's bad a bad financial decision to buy things you can't afford on credit, especially unnecessary things.

Uh this is mostly very true, though. House, car, rent, that kind of stuff you'll likely always have to do some kind of credit scheme but it's wise to only use credit as much as you use real dollars. If you have 600 bucks, do it on credit then pay it off, or just use your actual dollars.

That being said, paying very little a month for convenience sake isn't really something to worry about. It's more so the "I cannot afford it UNLESS I'm paying monthly" scenario you need to avoid. That's what got us into a housing crisis.
>>
>>56931075
Agree, especially getting the S7 Active. So keen.
>>
>>56930768
Why? It's the only camera I own and many people are the same way.

But you could get a axon 7 and a standalone camera for less than the xl.
>>
File: disgusting.png (206KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
206KB, 500x550px
>>56930756
Googles marketing has been vastly shrinking the size of the lower bezel. Im a phone reviewer with early access and this is a picture of the actual phone. How can they get away with this in 2016?
>>
>>56931753
Is that basically a cum tribute pad?
>>
>financing a phone
Found the retard
>>
>>56931066
you don't pay interest unless you miss a payment, which should be set on auto-pay anyways

if you pay every payment on time, you end up paying the exact same amount.
>>
>>56931800
Why would you go through all that trouble only for the risk of having to pay interest instead of just dropping the full 600$ in the first place?
>>
>>56931828
what trouble?
you get a little bill each month saying $30 paid
it's no more trouble than a netflix subscription bill
>>
>>56930782
/thread
>>
>>56931842
Why can't you pay the full amount in the first place?
>>
File: 3.jpg (14KB, 195x243px)
3.jpg
14KB, 195x243px
>>56930756
>$769

Is this some kind of bad joke?

I thought the point of buying a Google phone was to get decent specs at a fair price

They're pricing it right along the Galaxy S7 and iPhone 7 without all the brand recognition

Google really is fucking stupid

Nice try, google, but next time remember your place and don't try to run with the big boys

inb4 it doesn't sell at all
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 382x382px)
image.jpg
38KB, 382x382px
>>56931905
Hopefully it doesn't sell. Fuck Google.
>>
>>56931905
>I thought the point of buying a Google phone was to get decent specs at a fair price
no. you thought this because you're a negro.

you buy a google phone because you want a reference android device. that's why the nexus line was invented. if google wanted to set a real standard, they could just fork android and say "fuck you all, you've ruined this good thing we introduced" and make their own version closed from 2016 onward. maybe they'd contribute back upstream, but no promises.

if google can be trusted to commit to their devices *this time*, then this is a reasonable price. it's a premium device that'll get support for years.

if they can commit. this is like the third time google have tried to re/launch some special edition device with first class support. first it was the nexus line, then the "google edition" phones, then the android silver program (i mean really silver? literally the second place of precious metals? was it supposed to be a self-deprecating joke?). now it's this.

shit, so it's been 4 tries. in the same timespan apple has settled on iOS updates going back as far as the iPhone 5. the iPhone 5 is 4 years old. it'll be 5 years old before it's flat out unsupported by apple.

and don't give me horse shit about custom ROMs. if you've ever done any dev work on android, you would know that you're not going to test anything on custom ROMs. that's like doing EPA fuel efficiency testing on a riced out car. it might be more personally relevant, but if you're deploying this to millions of devices, you want to be able to say that you did the reasonable thing and tested it on a vanilla instance of android.

yes i'm salty as fuck. i'm sick of chasing google around while they try to figure out what they want.
>>
>>56931874
Because why spend that much all at one time?
>>
>>56932091
not him, but there are a few reasons for owning things outright:
1) selling a device a few months in yields a higher return than waiting until you've paid it off
2) simpler, one less thing to remember or set up (autopay can be obnoxious)
3) financing is almost invariably more expensive. the very nature of this sort of arrangement is essentially a loan, and you pay a percentage interest rate on what is effectively a loan.

most people finance a car or a house purchase. the compound of the principle plus the interest over all the time you're paying that loan off is necessarily higher than just the principle. if you'd like to save money in the long run, buying things outright will do that.

this is also why every finance/money management guide says to prioritize paying off debts first before anything else (yes, including savings). there is no investment strategy that offers a guaranteed return on investment that exceeds the compounding interest on personal loans.
>>
File: mathphd.jpg (34KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
mathphd.jpg
34KB, 640x427px
>>56932091
$600 or $700 isn't that much for you guys, is it?

Like I'm not saying I'm some Math PhD making 300k starting like pic related, but we're not talking about buying a new phone and losing it every month or anything like that. Is a $600 purchase every few years really "that much"?
>>
>>56932091
>Because why spend that much all at one time?
That's exactly the kind of mindset that gets you into trouble in the long run with debts
>>
>>56930756
>actually financing a phone
>for 2 fucking years
Poorfag detected. Just save up your neetbux and buy a used Nexus 5x or iPhone 6.
>>
>>56930756
Finance something for 2 years that only has a 1 year warranty. Pffft. It will be an obsolete brick before you finish paying for it. The useful life of a flagship phone is about 1 year.

Google is in the business of selling advertising. Branding their own phones is an experiment to try to keep non-Google Android app stores from threatening their business model. I expect Google will come up with some other idea in less than a year, leaving Pixel owners with expensive orphan hardware. This is what Microsoft did.
>>
Do people even care about giving phone calls anymore?
>>
>>56932992
apparently android users.
>>
>>56930756
>financing a phone for two years

End yourself
>>
>>56931905
it won't sell of course, why would it, there is no reason.
>>
Financing an $1000 dollar phone lol. LOL.
>>
>>56930756
>buying a phone with a nonremovable battery

wew
>>
>>56931735
Cameras in phones are shit.
No matter how much bullshit manufacturers spew about muh software, muh lens, muh aperture, muh second camera the fact is that phone cameras are limited by the size of their sensors, ie the actual amount of light they can capture.
If you care about how your pictures look you get a 1" or, even better, an aps-c compact.
The difference between phone cameras, even though notable, is like the difference between shit of different consistency. Yeah, sure, a solid log is better than explosive diarrhea but, in the end, you still have shit.
>>
>>56933242
It would be easier to buy a phone if I didn't care at all about cameras, honestly since I'm probably going to get the axon 7 I might as well not. Low light is dog ass.

But in good lighting all mid range and up phones these days have passable cameras. I see what you mean about the standalones.

Can always use the money you save not going with a 1 grand flagship on a standalone camera.

But you also have to consider the average person wants cameras for Instagram, snapchat, etc. so phone camera does matter to an extent for that.
>>
>>56933193

Phones with removable battery/storage are for ultimate spergelords, not normal people.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 838x638px)
image.jpg
140KB, 838x638px
>>56933522
>tfw im going to load up a 256gb sd card with pics of lolis and shitpost pics

You're god damn right it's for spergs you fucking normie
>>
>>56930756
Are you financially stable enough to finance it for 2 years ?
Will you get fucked in the ass by additional fees and interest compared to buying it outright ?

If the answers to these two questions are yes and no respectively, sure why not.
>>
File: rx100masterrace.jpg (67KB, 550x339px) Image search: [Google]
rx100masterrace.jpg
67KB, 550x339px
>>56933391
the sony rx100 series is objectively one of the contenders for "best fucking compact camera ever" and it has wifi direct and nfc
if you must post on social media or shit up your pics with crappy filters then you just touch your phone to it and you're set, either transfer whatever photo you want or even control it with your phone to take photos and make videos in real time
shit does not get more cash
>>
>>56931019
most people do it, as there's a reason phones on contracts don't cost $600-900, although these days phone contracts are fucking ridiculous and cost more than a sim free plan and buying a phone out right.
>>
>>56934592
not just that there's the yi mirrorless camera coming out soon which is $350 with 2 lenses and is a good as panasonic micro4/3s cameras and now most cameras have "smart" functionality there isn't much need for a great camera on your phone other than convenience
>>
>>56933522
Why the fuck are you here? Go back to facebook, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>56930954
I'm not sure whether or not Google's financing actually shows up on credit reports. Normal 2-year cell phone contracts don't/didn't, but Google's financing may be different.
>>
>>56932026
>you buy a google phone because you want a reference android device. that's why the nexus line was invented.
I agree with this.

>if google wanted to set a real standard, they could just fork android and say "fuck you all, you've ruined this good thing we introduced" and make their own version closed from 2016 onward. maybe they'd contribute back upstream, but no promises.
Will never happen. Google makes money off of the searches/Maps/location data/Gmail/ads/Play store/etc... fucking over OEMs into looking for another platform or moving away from the Google apps on android would be a bad move.

>if they can commit. this is like the third time google have tried to re/launch some special edition device with first class support. first it was the nexus line, then the "google edition" phones, then the android silver program (i mean really silver? literally the second place of precious metals? was it supposed to be a self-deprecating joke?). now it's this.
Google is bad with hardware, but they keep trying, since they get enough money from ads to have hobby money. They came out with the Nexus phones and they were higher priced. To incentivize developers and push pure android, they then cut corners and made cheaper Android phones. This attracted the ire of partners. Google then bought Motorola Mobility, largely for patents, but they owned a hardware company and used them for a couple phones, but the OEMs were even more pissed, with Samsung threatening to push Tizen. They divested moto and switched OEMs to not play "favorites" to Huawei while increasing the price of Nexus phones as to not compete. Now they're doing the same thing to a higher degree (more premium, but still a large price differential over the OEMs").
>>
>>56930768
>Valuing a feature that I don't use is automatically a meme
>>
>>56931753
Lol
>>
>>56932026
>>56935161 (continued)
Android Silver was supposed to replace Nexus in 2015, but the OEMs had no interest. The Play editions were retired because Silver was supposed to replace them, but then silver didn't happen (GPE was basically stock, but the manufacturers still controlled making updates; Silver would have moved the software experience responsibility to Google).

>now it's this
This is Google trying to take the Nexus beyond being a hobby and giving it a new brand name to try to tell people: it's not a nexus, so it's not priced like a nexus. More premium feel, compare to iPhone. Problem is it's missing some key features compared to other Android devices in a similar price range.

>shit, so it's been 4 tries. in the same timespan apple has settled on iOS updates going back as far as the iPhone 5. the iPhone 5 is 4 years old. it'll be 5 years old before it's flat out unsupported by apple.
Yeah, but Apple has been a clusterfuck. The main problem is Qualcomm here (and a few others). If Qualcomm won't support Nougat on SD800/SD801 devices, you're hosed, even if you're Google. TI killed their chip division for mobile, which killed official updates past that point on the GNEX, even though it wasn't two years. Apple is speccing their own silicon, drivers, etc. so they decide the update timeframe. Google needs to figure out how to get this in line, but unlike Apple, if they start fully fabbing their own shit all the OEMs will freak.

>and don't give me horse shit about custom ROMs. if you've ever done any dev work on android, you would know that you're not going to test anything on custom ROMs. that's like doing EPA fuel efficiency testing on a riced out car. it might be more personally relevant, but if you're deploying this to millions of devices, you want to be able to say that you did the reasonable thing and tested it on a vanilla instance of android.
I agree.
>>
>>56933153
Because advertising works on normies.
>>
>there are retards buying this phone

Kek'd
>>
>>56934695
this seems like a great little camera but if i was at the helm of that company i would make two versions
one like the one they actually have
and one with full android on it and a sim card slot so it would be the go-to camera for social media addicts
i would make billions
and yes, i know the samshit that tried this flopped miserably, but this is m43 and is compatible with every lens there is and it has a sony sensor with hueg dynamic range
>>
>>56935248
normies already belong to apple
>>
File: 1475646256807.png (222KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
1475646256807.png
222KB, 500x550px
>>56931753
Fixed.
>>
Seems like you're paying for all their development on a talking google assistant literally nobody wants and some vr bullshit that has no use on a phone other than a few gimmicks. No thanks.
>>
File: 1707.jpg (21KB, 475x253px) Image search: [Google]
1707.jpg
21KB, 475x253px
Op here. I decided to wait another year for a phone. Maybe 4k will be out in the next year or two and that would make vr much better. I have tried samsung gear with an s7 and even with qhd itals pixely.

Also i am going to buy this peice of beautiful old technology when my ccw application comes back. I like gums better than buying technology because guns actually go up in value instead of becomes worthless piecea of shit in 5 years
>>
File: Nexus_6P.jpg (116KB, 650x726px) Image search: [Google]
Nexus_6P.jpg
116KB, 650x726px
>>56930756
>Superior phone
>Cheaper
>Dual front facing speakers
>Better design
>Cheaper
>$450

>Cheaper
>>
>>56937530
>bendgate
>throttling snapdragon
>battery a shit

I can name bad shit too anon
>>
>Financing
>Worried about camera quality

Just get a Galaxy S7 on contract you fucking faggot.

If you don't want a contract, get a Oneplus 3 or something.
>>
>>56930954
>"building credit"
>"interest free"
>calling other people kikes
>>
>>56937530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3cWVdLqXCg

>Buying anything made by Huawei
>Buying a brittle as fuck phone
>>
>>56930756
Pixel isn't qhd, just regular old hd
>>
>>56937792
Mine's fucking warped and I don't even know why. Battery since N is GARBAGE.
>>
>>56932091
No wonder poorfags stay poor.
>>
>>56937887
Wow, is that a toy phone made of plastic?

People seriously buy this phone and unironically recommend it to other people? Holy shit.
>>
>>56937530
<SIM NOT DETECTED>
>>
>>56937928
The pixel xl is qhd
>>
File: IMG_1987.png (452KB, 719x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1987.png
452KB, 719x1280px
>>56937863
Oh sorry i forgot only jews have credit, own homes, purchase cars, take loans, start businesses and use credit cards.

Anglos pay their rent in money orders, have no bank account or credit, and buy their cars in cash on craigs list. Oh wait that's nigger i am describing.
>>
>>56935367
Buyfags gonna buy
>>
>>56930756
just get a OP3
>>
>>56938848
Only legit advice here
>>
>>56938848
Is it good?

I have a S7 and fucking hate it

its slow and hot

was considering to just sell it and buy a OP3
>>
>>56930756
>was really impressed by the camera on the pixel

All phone cameras are equally shit.

But a Ricoh GR or Sony RX100 if you need a good pocket-able camera.
Don't waste money on tiny sensors.
>>
>>56931019
>What's wrong with financing a phone??

It's usually a scam.

Most of the time they hide the true cost inside the monthly subscription fee.
ie:
- $20 subscription without phone.
or
- $30 subscription plus $25 "for the phone" (note you're actually paying $35 for the phone)

Also very often they will keep charging you for the phone until you actively cancel the subscription.
ie: "$25/month for 24 months" - you forget about it and end up paying 30 months then tough luck.
>>
>>56940025
just get cyanogenmod on it, its the touchjizz ui that sucks not the hardware of the S7
>>
>>56935187
You miss the point friend. There are people who want fucking DSLR quality cameras in their phone, and will consider it a deal breaker if anything less. As long as it shoots distinguishable pictures its fine for me.
>>
>>56938006
>>56932150
Why the fuck would you spend $600 now instead of borrowing at low interest and profiting the difference between the interest rate and growth rate of the market (~10%)?
I mean right now it might make more sense to spend the money because the market is sideways right now, and bonds you should avoid like the plague. And with low inflation the money market is somewhat attractive. So I guess consumption could be worth it at the moment. However, in general, you can profit more off of investment from borrowing (to have more capital right now as opposed to later) and profiting the difference.
>>
Accidentally read it as Google Shekel for a sec
>>
>>56940205
>It's usually a scam.
don't hyperbolize. you look stupid.

financing isn't a good deal for people that can buy a device outright, but it's not a scam. it's not fraudulent or dishonest in any way. it's just very very clearly not a good deal if you extrapolate the costs out.

/g/ has too many idiots making wild, polarizing claims like this about almost everything, and it seems like a lot of other people on /g/ are reading this junk and taking it seriously. use your language more carefully. for one thing, if you call this a scam, you'll have diluted the meaning of the word when a real, genuine scam comes along. you'll call *that* a scam and people will assume that's just a mediocre deal because /g/ has developed a reputation for calling everything they don't like a scam (or a botnet or whatever).
>>
File: Ccp8jIbUsAASSkf.jpg (48KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
Ccp8jIbUsAASSkf.jpg
48KB, 600x603px
>>56940088
Im not buying a fucking camera you faggot. What am I going to do, carry a camera around like a hipster or that kid from pokemon snap? I just want to be able to take a picture with my phone and have it not look terrible
>>
>>56942929
Are you fucking retarded? Why do you give advice on things you know nothing about?
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.