[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do these motherfuckers get so damn HOT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: frontiermodem.jpg (5KB, 272x186px) Image search: [Google]
frontiermodem.jpg
5KB, 272x186px
Why do these motherfuckers get so damn HOT?
>>
yea some modems get fucking hot enough to cook an egg anon i know what ur saying
>>
my name
>>
>>56927682
Because they have a small chip that runs around 5-10W with no active cooling.
>>
>>56927809
I taped a computer fan to mine because it kept fucking itself when it got too hot. I didn't really have to pay anything for them, but going to the Comcast store got annoying after a while
>>
sit an old heatsink on the chip
>>
>>56927682
electrolitic caps
>>
>>56927682
https://www.amazon.com/Evercool-Functional-Router-Switch-RC-01/dp/B005FSLPKG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

seems pretty legit desu
>>
Lowest bidder ARM SoCs passively cooled that run at 100% all day.
>>
internet is pretty fast and so when it passes through it it needs to slow down so the router passes it around in a circle with high amounts of friction and that creates heat and slows it down so you can access data at a speed your ethernet cable can read since coax speeds are much higher
>>
>>56927718
shut the fuck up namefag
>>
>>56928132

what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>56928132
literally what

>>56927682
check the buffer size, too small/large of a chunk can cause the CPU to work harder which will make it overheat.
>>
>>56927682
because you touch yourself at night
>>
>>56928144
>>56928218
>too retarded to understand rotational velocodensity
I had faith in you, /g/
>>
File: raw.gif (2MB, 290x234px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
2MB, 290x234px
>>56927718
...is JOHN CENA
>>
>>56927809
fans are cheap though, why don't they just build one in?
>>
>>56928535
I had no faith in them but I am still disappointed.
>>
>>56927854
>>56928535
>>56928132

it was only after fully grasping the helical-thermal properties of the rotational vectors involved in high velocity data transference that I was able to develop proper thermal flux inhibitors capable of slowing down the electrons to acceptable levels, thus mitigating thermo-velociraptic runaway associated with gyro-phellactic inductive resonance typical of semiconductors.

can you imagine what would happen if this condition were allowed to continue? bedlam, that's what! let's not forget that, it was a similar resonance cascade that destroyed Black Mesa.
>>
>>56927682
Your router is just a little computer of its own with passive cooling.

If it bothers you put a fan on it. Won't make a damn bit of difference tho
>>
>>56927682
Mine used to overheat every half hour back in the day even with fans blowing on it. Even ice packs barely helped.
>>
>he doesn't remove his router from the stock case and mount it in a 12-fan HAF tower with a NOCTURA cooler custom mounted on the cpu
stay pleb OP, my router is always cool
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.