[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is technology fucking us up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

>>
We're fucking ourselves with technology.
>>
>>56927433

Technology is great.

Its the social media that has fundamentally changed how humans interact in a negative manner.
>>
File: ted kaczynski2.jpg (33KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
ted kaczynski2.jpg
33KB, 300x381px
>>56927433
it will be the end of us as "humans"
we are converting into a race of sedentary grazers utterly reliant on our technology
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
i thought i was fucking technology
>>
>>56927468
>Its the social media that has fundamentally changed how humans interact in a negative manner.
"No"
TVs were just as bad.
>>
>>56927433
comply senpai
resistance is a meme
>>
>>56927475
kek
>>
Keyboards would piss off the old scribes.
>>
in the future we will literally be fucking robot lolis
>>
>>56927506
nah they would use those short form typewriter things

steganography keyboards
>>
>>56927475
TOP "FUCKIN" KEK

>/meta/ thread
>>
>>56927433
really makes you think
>>
>>56927433
You know it's bad when nobody talks to each other in uni because everyone is constantly on their phones.

Smartphones are useful devices, but they have fucked up the way we relate to each other irreversibly.
>>
Sort of. People are attached to certain forms of technology like they're attached to people nowadays. Many people need smartphones because it acts like a cheat sheet for all their friend's lives. They feel disconnected without it and struggle to talk about non-surfacey topics in the real world because theyre not used to it even though theyll freely discuss much more difficult topics in a different form like drama between coworkers or classmates made public on facebook or liking a song someone shared on twitter.
>>
>>56929313
>not verbally bonding with fellow classmates over technology
you can't blame technology for your own faults, anon
>>
>>56927433
I honestly don't know if it makes my autism more apparent or if it makes other people so socially retarded/boring that I just can't stand conversing with them. Either way, I have nobody to keep me company except my doggo and nobody to go mountain biking with :(
>>
Humans have always been fucked up
>>
>>56927433
>>56929313

>Eat out with friends at local restaurant
>As soon as they are done ordering, they get onto their phones
>All their heads are down, typing shit
>I am sitting there like "Hey, you guys wanna see a movie later tonight, heard "whatever movie" was good?"
>One friend who is a girl replies "gimme a sec. I am typing something"
>No reply
>Sitting there in silence, as five of my friends are hunched over, clacking away and typing shit
>Try to make small talk, not even a grunt or a snort
>I look over to what one friend is doing, one is on Youtube, another is on Facebook, etc.
>Mfw
>Entire time we were there, they barely said a word except for a few things like "hey did you see, so and so's post?" or "did you see that new Youtube video?"
>We all leave, they are all rather satisfied and happy looking, "That was super duper fun guys, we gotta do it again, love this restaurant"
>Mother-of-GOD
>Am I missing something here???

People can't pull their damn faces away from their phones anymore, holy fuck.
>>
File: LOBehold.jpg (137KB, 444x659px) Image search: [Google]
LOBehold.jpg
137KB, 444x659px
>>56927433
>>
>>56931989
If true, you should go do an activity. If you're actively doing something and interacting with the world, you're less likely to even think about your phone.
>>
>>56931989
This makes me REEE both internally and externally.
>>
File: 11220237-large.jpg (14KB, 380x256px) Image search: [Google]
11220237-large.jpg
14KB, 380x256px
Depends on how you use it.

Read "The Shallows: What the Internet is doing to our Brain"
>>
>>56927468
This.

We've had most modern tech since the 90s and people where fine until the 200x social network explosion
>>
It's being used to distort reality.
>>
We should have stopped at Yahoo Chat with the social media explosion.
>>
>>56930407
Doggos are based as fuck, they're like little fluffy bear people, got their own personality and everything

They also don't care what you look like and will be your best freind if you're nice to them
>>
>>56931989
What kind of shitstain cannot type and talk at the same time? They probably cannot walk and chew gum.
>>
>>56927433

Nope

But companies use it to manipulate us into spending money on crap.
>>
>>56927433
I think the current level of access is what's deterring regular social interaction. People are now habituated to constantly consume information regardless of value, the mind acclimates to it and it becomes, in some way, addictive.

Another portal its opened is transparency, people constantly sharing this information, select pieces an individual has determined to be of some value or another. In some cases it's personal information, in others it's extrapersonal. In either case it allots a certain artificial gradient by which to compare oneself and others by the information they share. Inherently superficial information is mostly what is shared so it creates an architecture for comparison that is wholly unrealistic for normal individuals.

To expound:
When someone in a closed locality was the best runner, they were simply the best runner. With technology opening localities (say roads) suddenly you're comparing yourself to the county, the state, and country. Airplanes are then invented which makes it realistic to transport individuals for competition from all across the world. Suddenly being the best runner in town is worthless. This applies to all hobbies, jobs, and talents.

Of course therein lies a duality. Firstly it's incredibly daunting competing against the whole human species, even divided into specializations. Now for all practical purposes and intents all people are just as cooperative as they are competitive, but once the aspiration to be the best is held to inconceivable heights it may well turn course, catalyzing weariness. It could also inspire new heights in an individual's aspirations, though I feel the current paradigm has a tendency to fall to the former.

With all that said the internet itself is vastly rich with a myriad of experience and knowledge. Unfortunately it's requires far less discipline to bust out some Youtube than it does to read a few Wikipedia articles. It requires less effort to check one's timeline than it does to read an-
>>
>>56927433
>>56927468

We sure as fuck are fucking up kids with social media, Are millennials already addicted ? If not I doubt its long before a generation is completely dependent on it. The fucked up part is : Its controlled social media that rewards anything and everything so you keep doing it.

Just like plebbit e-points encourage hipsters to post "good" content , Facebook likes encourage the average person to either post non challenging regurgitated ideas or makes the person believe their opinion is worth the entire world just because you got more likes for it.

There should be a legal obligation for parents to limit their kids usage of technology or at the very least social media , the amount obviously increases until you hit your teens. Parents just dont care anymore. Parents of huge families care even less. 4 kids to take care of and each and everyone of them shuts the fuck up if you give them an interactive screen ? Fucking jackpot for single mothers who want to meet jamal.

You havent seen kids that grew up taking this bullshit seriously yet ? see any SJW. These person have never been exposed to opposing ideas , the "free" media is considered to be a vile and hateful environment to them.

The redpill will be hardest to take for these people. Perhaps in a few generation parents are going to get fed up with their kids literally becoming insane if you remove their precious devices.
>>
>>56927433

Nah. It's user error.
>>
>>56932667
ebook. And to some extent technology is a solitary interest in and of itself. I play video games with my friends, we group call on Skype and play for a few hours, and not infrequently we play more. Even that has a substantial degree of removal, so many of the subtle things are lost in those interactions - the whole of the sublingual vocabulary is compressed as to be entirely out of the picture. My friends aren't excessively interested in things like Facebook and Youtube though, they don't really let their phones deter normal interactions. I do have many associates though who are overwhelmed by the easily accessible entertainment at their fingertips, and that's precisely why they're just associates.
>>
>>56932678
I think the real problem lies in the education system. To some extent there are real issues within the SJW repertoire, but there is a huge flood of shit for each and everyone of those real issues which invalidates the movement because of those associated with it. There is a serious lack of critical thinking skills in the public at large and it's growing as children in schools become evermore shielded from alternative schools of thought in any field. In a picturesque world lowering that shield would alleviate a lot of the issues portrayed by SJWs and would lower their 'trigger threshold' as it were.
>>
File: 1475524100489s.jpg (9KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
1475524100489s.jpg
9KB, 250x226px
>>56927475
that is actually funny.
>>
>>56932777
Education play as large a role in fucking up kids as social media , I would say to kids school is basically the original social media. Its sad that like any other social media the opinions that are being spread around are even more controlled, otherwise people wouldnt believe in their own ideas so hard as to actually hate and despise people that dont think the same way.

the thing is social media is entirely optional for kids that age yet they still spend countless hours on it. My facebook friends have all but forgot me since I stopped posting , these friendships wont last and I dont give a fuck. At the very least school made me actually meet and deal with people up front forming somewhat longer lasting friendships.

Im pretty sure nowadays having online friends that like your posts on facebook has more emotional meaning to kids than just doing something with said friends.

My personal redpill about facebook happened a while ago:
>be 15
>A childhood friend of mine added some blatantly fake emo girl's
>They started flirting pretty much immediately
>After a while being a couple on facebook despite having never met , he suddenly declared they were going to meet for the first time and have sex
>they literally only ever met in this shitty teen mmo
>said he needed a lift from my other friend .
>I replied that the entire thing was fucking retarded and that we would probably get there either never meet anyone and going back or some 50yo dude locks the door behind him and hes literally fucked.
>For some reason he didnt take this and punched me in the face
>I would later learn that they were "in love" and that I disrespected her by doubting her existence
>Perhaps he didnt like the implication that he was "dating" a dude to begin with.
>Seriously stopped posting on facebook after that
>Slowly bleeding off friends since then
>Never talked to that friend again
>Never posted on facebook again

feelsgud.jpg
>>
>>56932678
sad thoughts
>>
File: 1442177471088.jpg (72KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
1442177471088.jpg
72KB, 880x880px
>tfw social media is destroying normie's social skills and bringing them down below my level
>>
>>56931989
Yes you are missing something. You shoud look for friends who value the time spent together.
>>
>>56931989
Stop hanging out with autists jesus fuck
>>
>>56927491
isn't tv also technology?
>>
>>56931989
You have shit friends then.
>>
Everyone wants to be liked. Especially if your real life sucks.
>>
>>56933356
it was bound to happen , faggots like us are mature enough technologically to finally understand memes and their dangers.

Could the era of normies be on the blink of its ending ?

>Little by little normal people get dragged down by apps and moronic games on their cellphones.
>Slowly isolating them from their friends because of their own ideals inside their own ideals they slowly leave friends they dont deem fit
>Start joining online tumblr level subgroups when they discover the name of their specific sociopathic hobbies.
>Descend into madness
>2018
>SJWs have been gone from the media since the release of the game "Trigger Quest FULLVR"
>FULLVR destroyed VR when scientists announced they could interface with brains since 2008 and waited to

if presidential elections arent enough , look at how butthurt america is over who is going to be president and to be clear I dont mean this like both candidates are shit choices which they might be , we dont even fucking know that yet.

what I mean is these fake disputes over meaningless bullshit

>>56933949
they dont exactly value time together if they are talking to other people or entertaining themselves personally and sadly most people ive met that I consider to be normies do it to some extent , its like they cant even feign interest waiting for their turn to talk instead of instantly looking at their constantly vibrating phones.

Jesus christ do normal people really not just talk to each other anymore ?

Some even die because they cant even help but do it behind the wheel.
Its a shame to think that the question isnt if but when they will most likely kill other people.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.