[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

parabola

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Parabola_Gnu_Linux-libre.svg.png (184KB, 2000x768px) Image search: [Google]
Parabola_Gnu_Linux-libre.svg.png
184KB, 2000x768px
How come I don't see many people using parabola? I would assume with as many archfags as there are here, a GNU version would be the clearest option??
>>
>>56927384
Because the NEETs run Windows and the rest of us have jobs and can't fuck with libreshit. Arch makes life easy, why would I complicate that life with working around a world of non-free?
>>
>>56927417
>needing to use anything proprietary on GNU/Linux
I threw up
>>
Everyone uses Trisquel becuase muh PPAs
>>
>>56927384
Arch is shit and so is its free derivative

Why would I want something that defaults to systemd and uses pacman unironically?
>>
I use Parabola and it's good if you just remove the "your-freedom" package. I mostly use it for the precompiled grsec kernel.
>>
>>56929409
what doesn't use systemd?
>>
>>56929530
politically gentoo funtoo devuan
realistically, any distro you are capable of setting up with a sane init
>>
>>56927384
Every FSF approved distro is the reincarnation of autism
>>
>>56927384
Ubuntu and Scientific Linux are THE Linux bistros of all bistros.
>>
>>56929588
>not an argument
>>56929555
somehow the gentoo/archwars shitposting got outmatched by the pixel shitposting

What exactly are the "negatives" of gentoo besides the compilling time?
>>
>>56929368
Non-free is required to post here because of captcha so you're a hypocrit.
>>
>>56929676
>What exactly are the "negatives" of gentoo besides the compilling time?
Besides compilation? None.
>>
>>56929705
am I actually about to
>install gentoo

Wtf has this site done to me
>>
>>56929676
But it's the truth
>muh freedoms
>muh propietary drivers and software
No one should use a FSF, it's shit and will always be
Just use Debian or Fedora if you want your freedoms without looking autistic
>>
>>56929686
Never said I was a libre purist

I just don't mix proprietary shitware with GNU/Linux. GNU/Linux is best when it's as free as possible
>>
>>56927384
arch users are either converted wintards or posers running it in a VM for ricing blogs

besides, >>56929588 hit the nail on the head, enjoy your BLAG
>>
>>56932498
Found the buttblasted Debqueen waiting on his 4 year old packages to be updated.
>>
>>56927417
>Because the NEETs run lonix and the rest of us have jobs and can't fuck with it.
fixed tbhfam
>>
File: biggestgayaward.jpg (61KB, 640x618px) Image search: [Google]
biggestgayaward.jpg
61KB, 640x618px
>muh rolling release

For what objective purpose other than development? I can understand AUR, but other than that, you aren't benefitting from using a rolling release distro other than eDick points.
>>
>>56932576
>be sysadmin
>want to get job administrating large server cluster running windows
whoops heheh shouldn't have asked for something that doesn't exist
>>
>>56929738
You should. I literally installed it as a meme because 1) lots of people think it's a meme and 2) its name allows for easy wordplay with a rizon meme.

This was in December. I fucking love it still and seriously compile time isn't a giant problem.
>>
>>56933860 here
>>56929738
I feel like I should clarify and say it definitely doesn't deserve to be a meme because it's a great distro because it kind of sounded like I was saying it was great because it was a meme which is not what I meant.
>>
>>56929530
Gnewsense, OpenBSD
>>
>>56929530
                                      [email protected]
``` ` OS: FreeBSD
` `.....---.......--.``` -/ Kernel: amd64 FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE
+o .--` /y:` +. Uptime: 2h 9m
yo`:. :o `+- Packages: 68
y/ -/` -o/ Shell: fish (fish)
.- ::/sy+:. CPU: Intel Core (Haswell, no TSX)
/ `-- / GPU: GD 5446
`: :` RAM: 1379MiB / 8192MiB
`: :`
/ /
.- -.
`:` `:`
.-- `--.
.---.....----.
>>
>>56929530
Void Linux is nice. Very clean, good package manager.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.