[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into editting Wikipedia? How do I contribute so many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: wikipedia-encyclopedia.jpg (111KB, 407x500px) Image search: [Google]
wikipedia-encyclopedia.jpg
111KB, 407x500px
How do I into editting Wikipedia? How do I contribute so many edits that I become an outstanding member of the community?
>>
Everyone knows if you edit wikipedia the police will arrest you for slander
>>
just start by looking for topics that are well known to you and see if you can improve them or for missing info.also you can contribute to mediawiki with media of your own.
>>
why not just edit articles about your town and near by things?
>>
>>56927231
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Wikipedia:_The_Missing_Manual/Editing,_creating,_and_maintaining_articles/Editing_for_the_first_time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing
>>
>>56927231
Ideally, edit articles that you actually understand and can contribute something towards. Have your sources ready and be prepared for people to edit your edits. Start discussions on talk pages for articles. Understand the rules (or at least know where they exist) >>56928905.
>>
>>56927231
>How do I into editing Wikipedia? How do I contribute so many edits that I become an outstanding member of the community?
It begins by reading Wikipedia for fun. And then fixing small grammatical or style errors you see as you read.

Then there are hundreds of skills you can learn after that. Pure article writing, various maintenance tasks, template writing, cross-project stuff, lots of tools and utilities to learn, tools and utilities to develop, and the relevant policy for all of these.

And once you've done a little of everything you can see the big picture and actually have proper discussions, suggestions, and proposals for the projects.

> How do I contribute so many edits that I become an outstanding member of the community?
Editing isn't enough to be considered an outstanding member. You would have to post on talk pages, discuss stuff with other users, and actually be really involved in the community. That second half is what separates administrators out from the pack.
>>
>>56927231
>contribute so many edits that I become an outstanding member of the community
You dot become outstanding by doing lots of good work. That was the old Wikipedia. With neo-Wikipedia, you need to find a wiki-gang that is intimidating and powerful enough to protect you.
>>
>>56927231
persistance and madness are manditory.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.