[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC tables thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

Is this the best PC table you could ever have?
>holes for cables for that amazing cable management
>sitting nearer to the desk in an ergonomic way
>special space for PC so that it doesn't collect desk and yet won't fall down
>higher desk for monitors so that you don't have to look down

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/desks/desk-computer-desks/fredde-workstation-black-art-50219044/

What table do you have?
>>
This isn't graphics cards or phones. Doesn't belong on /g/. Sage.
>>
>>56920942
A board of wood with l-braces. Get hardwood floors or cut a section of 3in thick wood and stick that underneath your tower.
Drill a small hook on the side of your desk for headphones.

Stop giving money to shit companies.
>>
>>56921511
Yet this board talks about PC cases.
You're pathetic.
>>
>>56921511
I agree. Let's keep shitposting and creating watch threads.
>>
>>56921667
Any recs on open source desks?
>>
>>56920942
I had this desk. I hated it. Shows lots of dust because of the black. The cutout part of the desk was terrible, had to be really close to the screen to reach keyboard. It's currently in pieces in the hall. I have a plain white table now. It's better.
>>
>>56922491
No man showing dust is a good thing, reminds you to vaccum and shit.
>>
>>56920942
Nah, desk is too high. Have fun getting carpal tunnel if you touch type.
>>
>>56920942
Most everyone that own that desk ends up hating it. Not sure why you think it is the best. It wobbles, the side panels warp and pop out. It squeaks and creaks a lot apparently. Basically really cheaply made and ends up falling apart.
>>
>>56920942
>$230
no
>>
>>56920942
a kitchen worktop i got cut to size and some basic telescopic ikea legs
>>
I need to get some kind of reinforcement for my linnmon tabletop because i like to lean on my desk and my monitors noticeably move when i do so
>>
>>56921511
You obviously don't pay attention to the battlestation threads. This is a crucial part of that. You obviously don't sit in front of a computer for 8-20+ hours a day, gtfo.
>>
i bolted adjustable-height workshop shelving into the wall and then stuck a board on it

bam, convertible standing desk with 0 floor footprint
>>
>>56920942
A metal specimen cabinet salvaged from KU. Not even kidding, hate it. I appreciate this thread, keep it alive
>>
>get a slab of wood from a hardware store or even ikea
>treat it with oil, paint it, whatever
>put some legs on it

Will probably last longer and look better than some flimsy retail desk.
>>
Give me a nice big wide table and that's it.
>>
>>56924177
I'm torn between this and getting a desk with drawers/cable management holes in it

I like the look of 'slab of treated wood on legs' desks, but I have loads of shit and cables lying on and around my desk and I think having some built in drawers would really help with the clutter

does anyone know good places to get desks for a reasonable price? at the moment I'm mostly looking at ikea
>>
>>56925784
get a solid core door with the door handle hole already cut out. There, now you have a cable hole behind all your shit. Then lurk goodwills to find a good filing cabinet that would fit under the desk.
>>
File: Fuck yo couch.jpg (10KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck yo couch.jpg
10KB, 500x500px
Currently have;

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/desks/table-tops-legs/linnmon-adils-table-white-spr-49929639/

its cheap as fuck, looks nice with the black & white color scheme and its a piece of wood with legs. Everything I wanted.
>>
>>56925889
I have the next one size up but in all black. I was going to go with the blue legs but i decided not to. It should be easy to change them later on anyways.

I'm probably going to get 2 more to have a turboautist cave
>>
It doesn't work with big monitors
>>
>>56925926

Was thinking of doing that also, turns out
I can't have my PC + everything else on my desk at the same time without things getting super uncomfortable due to length, was going to put 2 in an L-shape but I have no idea what I would do about the giant gap in the corner and it would look stupid. Got black legs for mine cause black & white theme.
>>
>>56923734
What is the secret of sitting comfortably for 8+ hours uninterrupted?
>>
>>56926027
buy some screw in hooks and giant somewhat strong springs and latch them together that way.
>>
>>56920942
>PC table
It's called a fucking desk you third world moron.
>>
>>56921511
I agree that this isn't tech, but there's not a /furniture board is there?
>>
>>56926372
/diy/
>>
I have this, it's bretty gud. Those trestles have nice space for putting stuff and you can get cable tray things to go underneath to keep shit organised. Also it's nice and white so it matches my office. All my pc stuff is black so it contrasts nicely.
>>
>>56921511
Im going to post this in every interesting thread I see.
>>
I use Anthrocart products. Built for professionals and built like a tank to last.
>>
>>56926386
not the same
>>
>>56922233
I bought a cheap door, and some rack shelving... Massive desk for under $100.

Look at old trestle tables?
>>
>>56920942
I don't particularly like "computer desks" because they restrict what you can do with your setup. Almost none of those features are legitimately useful or are minor at beast.

Just get a solid, big-ass desk and you'll have room for whatever you want to do, now or in the future. Maybe you'll want 3 monitors at one point, or you want to have proper room for something like an amp, or you'll want to use a monitor arm/stand, or you'll want some decent bookshelf speakers, or fuck knows what else. A large, solid desk with an ergonomic, adjustable chair can solve all your computer-related needs perfectly.

It also doesn't look all that stable and lacks potentially useful things like desk drawers or other storage compartments.
>>
File: 41Eo6E+2oRL.jpg (19KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
41Eo6E+2oRL.jpg
19KB, 500x246px
>>56920942
That "hutch" style in desks is always ugly. Just get a normal desk and spend the money you saved on pic related.

>>56925889
That looks like it would be very wobbly - is it?
>>
I want a U-shaped desk that doesn't cost $400.

Tempting to just build one. It's going to go with a recliner for mouse/keyboard gayman'. Not sure what do.
>>
>>56928576
people hate on it but ikea is your best bet if you arent keen on doing DIY shit.
>>
>>56928024
It's very wobbly and the wood nicks easily. If you are not poor you should really get something better.

The black version can be touched up with a black sharpie, so that's useful I guess.
>>
>>56928638
>people hate on it but ikea is your best bet if you arent keen on doing DIY shit.

Ikea is okay however I always recommend buying used OFFICE furniture. Nicer and will out live you.
>>
>falling for the computer desk meme
Anything that isn't a single slab of wood with 4 legs is a shitty gimmick.
>>
>>56922233
It's amazing how hard it is to find plans for this kind of thing.

I didn't find any real plans, but I found a lot of people talking about building desks with cut pipes and these plumbing fittings. A friend of mine owns a cafe and he has tables made the same way (he didn't build them himself though), and they're rock solid. I got a table top from IKEA, and fittings from something called zoro.com. Gonna get pipes cut at Home Depot. The coolest part is that the design I found has adjustable legs, so if I decide to add a keyboard tray or get a shorter or taller chair I can adapt to that.
>>
>>56925784
I'm doing the slab of wood with legs approach. I'm planning on mounting cupboards to the wall behind my desk and getting a rolling file holder thing to put under it.

>>56926027
Couldn't you shove one into the corner and then have the other one just butted up against it?

>>56926073
A high quality chair.
>>
A $40 desk from Big Lots I got 4 years ago because I couldn't get my huge multi part desk outta my parents bedroom when I left.

Its actually pretty fucking sweet. Place for both monitors, place for my racing wheel, and a little nubble on the side for god knows what but thats where I hang my headset.
>>
Found some shitty desk at the junk yard wobbled alot so i screwed more boards between the legs to stiffen it up. My 3000 dollar tower sits on a junk yard desk. No complaints
>>
File: desk.jpg (3MB, 2376x1584px) Image search: [Google]
desk.jpg
3MB, 2376x1584px
>>56920942
meh it's okay. not as good as the jerker.
>>
>>56930745
I'm glad i dont have that gen just for the fact taht mine doesnt have a blue LED
>>
>>56930761
The blue LED is not even noticeable considering the lowest brightness level on the monitor is like fucking 110 cd/m^2
>>
>>56930831
>mfw i keep my monitor's brightness on max and its apparently twice that
>>
>>56930872
Yeah but how many square meters is your monitor's surface? it makes a difference.
>>
>>56925889
Haha I have same one. Does the job I guess
>>
File: 1467348214937.png (217KB, 424x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467348214937.png
217KB, 424x480px
I got a ikea galant desk, they stopped making them for some reason, i wanted to get more for my business
stable as heck, not super expensive, and big
>>
anyone got an ikea micke? how would you rate it?
>>
File: folding-table-4.jpg (46KB, 1456x890px) Image search: [Google]
folding-table-4.jpg
46KB, 1456x890px
pic related masterrace. Add a table cloth for a cleaner look
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.