[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what will replace torrents?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: torrent.png (32KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
torrent.png
32KB, 200x198px
specifically for modern pc games 30gb-60gb sizes
>>
Do torrents need to be replaced?
>>
>>56915585
yes fellow cuck. quantum break has 200 seeders and 3000 leachers

download speed is cut at 1/4 for me

its 2016 for fuck sake

same story with every modern pc game
>>
>>56915582
> specifically for modern pc games 30gb-60gb sizes

> for modern pc games 30gb-60gb

> modern pc games

> pc games

> games

>>>/v/
>>
>>56915582
What the fuck are you blabbering about?
>>
>>56915608
This
>>
>>56915582
Just compress it using Pied Piper.
>>
>>56915601
Save your time, quantum break is garbage

Also seed your torrents instead of complaining
>>
>>56915627
Or, you could, you know, pay the piper
>>
>>56915601
probably a shit quality swarm (aka, public)

by that i mean tons of peers seeding at very low speeds, so to get any kind of speed you need to connect to a fuckload of them, blowing out your overhead

this isn't a torrent problem, it's a peer problem
>>
>>56915601
>public swarms full of pajeets
lmao
>>
>>56915668
they will all try to run it on a 2006 windows xp
>>
>>56915582
Get Steam. Pay for game. Download it.

Or instead

Use torrent progrsm. Do not pay for game. Download it.

Think about it.
>>
>>56915582
Steam
>>
File: j.gif (844KB, 800x786px) Image search: [Google]
j.gif
844KB, 800x786px
>>56915601
>public trackers
>>
IPFS

The real question is when.
>>
>>56915601
Sounds like you're on a shit tracker. I can get a torrent for pretty much whatever I want at 50-100MB/s
>>
>>56915776
>muhh secret club
>>
>>56915657
You saying his router is shit or his connectino or shit?
>>
Jdowloader + Mega

I downloaded DOOM in like 3 hours with a 40 mbps connection
>>
>>56915582

For games, don't use torrents, use something else.

Like a noose, to kill yourself.

>Muh speshul gamur nonsense
>>
>>56916481
i'm saying the peers are shit

probably full of faggots like op who demand full download speed while capping their upload to 5kbps because "it makes me lag in minecraft", then remove it the moment it's done

such is the life of the public torrent pleb
>>
>>56916471

>not doing 20 minutes of research to get an invite to a private tracker to exponentially improve your success
>>
>>56916502
Well excuse me for having sub 0.5 mbps upload, I leave my torrentes seeding for fucking weeks but my ratio never goes past 0.1. I'm already paying for 10 down but the shitty cabling can only do 8.5 on a good day. There's only 1 ISP in the area and it's the nation's biggest telephone service provider (ADSL LEL). Cable company was putting up coax all over my small town and they offer 100/5 for the same price, then the monopolistic fags threw a bunch of cash at the highly corrupt mayor (who keeps getting elected by giving tons of handouts to niggers) and they got told all the coax they were about to finish putting up was illegal because fuck you I run this town and said so.
>>
Torrents don't need replaced. If you use public torrents you need replaced.
>>
>>56916568
Research seedboxes you fucking newshit. I lived in the Philippines for years. You can already guess what my upload speed was like and I only had 5mbit download. I still built up huge buffers on every tracker I'm on. I wouldn't even need to pay for that anymore if I didn't want to.
>>
>>56915601
increase the number of people you download from and kick slow seeders
are you retarded?
Also, Private tracker master race.
>>
>>56915582
>>56915585
Torrent trackers/indexers need to be replaced.

More specifically, torrent needs to get a built-in searching, ranking and indexing mechanism, and it needs to become widespread *before* torrent trackers stop being a thing.

That aside, torrent is very good technologically and has a very solid foundation of available clients and resources. Something that replaces it would require very compelling technological improvements to counteract torrent's momentum.

The two major problems with torrents are the dead-swarm and the single-seed problem. Both can be solved by future technologies like RLNC, though.
>>
OP instead of torrents maybe you should learn how to use XDCC. It's a but old school but these days the bots are faster than ever and there are huge channels on abjects serving all the latest stuff. If you're not too much of a pleb to learn it I bet it can serve your needs.
>>
>>56916568
naturally i'm not having a go at people who try but can't upload well

asyncronous connections suck for torrents, my own is similar (11/0.8), the overhead alone connecting to more than a handful of peers saturates my upload bandwidth, making downloading from popular public torrents slow as shit unless i get lucky and connect to a peer that doesn't suck

the best speeds on such connections is when you;
- limit the number of total connections, to reduce overhead, 100 connections may well be slower than 10
- use private trackers, which tend to have far higher quality peers, so even a single connection will often be enough to get full speed
>>
>public trackers
Found your problem Pajeet, can't probably even afford a seedbox
>>
>>56916707
i juat wait 2 days after game releases then i can torrent it

seedboxes cost about $20
>>
>>56916735
You can get one cheaper if you're a total poorfag. You could just run one off a VPS if you're only interested in day 1 game releases. Those are super easy to build buffer off of, you'll be pushing the max of your box for like 2 days.
>>
>>56916764
i m not poor :'( i co own a construction company. HOWEVER paying $20 to torrent a game is cucky
>>
Other than the obvious reply
>seedbox and use private trackers you cheapskate
You are going to run into those swarms full of "muh capped 5 kbps upload" because lol scared of being caught seeding or "muh lag".
>>
>>56916780
You're not paying it to torrent a game though. You're paying it to build up your ratios on multiple private sites so all your downloading needs are taken care of. It doesn't necessarily need to be $20 either. I share a server with my best friend and we take turns paying the 15 euros each month. We're planning on migrating to a cheaper server that has basically the same specs for 8 or 9 euros per month.

I'm sure what I said before about the VPS went right over your head, but it's okay, you work in construction not computers.
>>
File: Harvey_2.jpg (27KB, 316x482px) Image search: [Google]
Harvey_2.jpg
27KB, 316x482px
>>56915582
>there are people on this board who don't use fserv/XDCC bots on IRC for this stuff
>>
>pirating anything
lol poorfag
>>
>>56916829
It's not the late 90s/early 00s anymore. Those were the best times though. I went from that to starting my own group in the scene and getting on sites.
>>
>>56916863
They still work just as good as they ever did, better now actually. You should check back in, a decade and a half of improvement is quite nice.
>>
>>56916885
Yeah I know, they use hacked dedicated servers instead of university connections like the old days. Private torrents are still better but I have a friend that swears by xdcc.
>>
>>56916829
I would use irc for that more but i've never seen anything other than books and anime
>>
I want private cucks out
>>
>>56915601
Get a better PC, ISP, or use a SeedBox. Never HAve slow seeds on the ole Seedbox. You just suck and since it doesnt work how you want it to so you want something "better". Fucking Child
>>
>>56916906
You need to go to abjects then. Warez tends to live in it's own little ghettos on IRC.
>>
>>56916909
You can call us cucks all you want while you wait for shit we're already playing.
>>
>>56915582
I'm using newsgroups. There's a large nzb community in the netherlands. I have a 1gbps connection and sabnzbd always download on 100 mb/s. Feels great, no seeders. SSL and a big database of nzbs
>>
>>56915601
And you think a new protocol is going to fix this somehow?
Get better internet.
>>
File: 1460332801977.png (384KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460332801977.png
384KB, 600x600px
>>56915601
>he wants to """play""" quantum break
>>
>>56915582
carrier pigeon
>>
>>56917511
>nzb

this.

inb4
>paying to steal

well i would rather pay $15/mo for unlimited bandwidth, SSL, and a VPN, than deal with shitty seeders shitty trackers, and shitty court systems.
>>
>>56915681

And use uTorrent with a bitcoin miner lel
>>
>>56916829
Fuck THAT

I remember trying it years ago and it was friggin ridiculous with worse speeds
>>
>>56916495
but you need to find mega links first
>>
So what did all the people who used kat move to when it got taken down?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.