[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think of pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: kali.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kali.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Is kali linux free as in freedom? I'm ready to leave my first linux distro and dive a little deeper.
>>
File: screenFetch-2016-10-04_04-31-30.png (511KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenFetch-2016-10-04_04-31-30.png
511KB, 1366x768px
>>56915224
install arch it's the best

no point in installing kali DESU

it's fedora with a bunch of bloat h4x0r programs, just install the programs you need yourself, it's not hard
>>
about to install funtoo pure64+hardened on KVM. If it goes well im gonna go balls deep. any tips on how to work the genkernel
>>
>>56915248
>funtoo
arch nigga
>>
>>56915255
funtoo
true os
debian + security hardening guide
powergap
fedora
centos
rhel
powergap
ubuntu
powergap
void
powergap
arch
>>
>>56915239
Its based on Debian and my whole point of wanting to switch operating systems is to branch away from Canonical. If arch is the best why does 90% of this board shit on it? I'm a CS student that is wanting something free and I want to get my hands dirty with it, but everything I've read about Arch is taking what I just said to the absolute extreme. Is that true?
>>
File: me.jpg (51KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
51KB, 540x405px
>>56915224
script kiddie os
>>
Why not just Debian?
>>
>>56915269
you gotta configure everything yourself.

It's not necessarily hard though, it just takes an hour or two of research, and you'll come out the other end knowing a lot more about linux
>>
>>56915269
Arch is a meme. It's the OS of choice for really just normies who want to feel like autists with there little customization or whatever. its what gentoo was before arch came out.
>>
>>56915286
explain the aur tho

the community repo is literally the best thing about arch
>>
>>56915283
>knowing a lot more about linux

No you don't its like saying instead of running dnf group-install @xfce-desktop you install each and every component manually and have to configure polkit and d-bus and shit and in doing so you have learnt something worthwhile.
>>
>>56915301
AUR is okay but its full of shit.
OPENSUSE does it a million times better
GENTOO is all "AUR" style packages
In ubuntu/fedora your git commits can be compiled on their servers automatically and provided by PPA/ fedora copr
>>
File: why.jpg (78KB, 783x1000px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
78KB, 783x1000px
>>56915286
>arch is for normies
rest of /g/
>arch is for autists

I just want something that won't send my god damn search history to other people for money.
>>
>>56915330
install gentoo
>>
>>56915330
you are more likely to create a 'security flaw' on your own with arch than you are with some other distro
>>
I'm gonna go with the /g/entoo hivemind.
>>
>>56915330
>I just want something that won't send my god damn search history to other people for money.

then your only option is gentoo + coreboot
if you are going down paranoid lane you cannot take an early exit
>>
>>56915266
There is literally no reason to use funtoo over Gentoo
>>
No, install trisquel.

Gentoo allows the installation of non-free proprietary binaries.
>>
>>56915592
optimized stage3 tarballs based on processor subarchitecture penryn, haswell, etc...
>>
>>56915224
Kali is not a distro you're supposed to install. You're supposed to boot it off a flash drive when you need to use its tools and power it off (leaving no trace) when you're done.
>>
>>56915224
Don't use Kali. It's not meant to be a daily OS.
>>
>>56915224
deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main contrib non-free
>>
>>56915283
Nice meme
>>
Kali is a tool, not a system. It has a ton of upgrades daily and some of them will break your system.
>>
Using Kali as your main OS is like using an electrician's work van for your daily driver.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.