[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Friday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1416278003564.jpg (9KB, 244x211px) Image search: [Google]
1416278003564.jpg
9KB, 244x211px
Ok /g/, Black Friday is coming up. I currently am using a shitty FX8150 build. Recently the damn thing has become unstable in P95 with it's OC of 4.4. Hell now I can't even get 4.1 stable. 4.0 is fine however. I'm sick of the crap, and I'm not waiting for Zen. Is it worth it for me to put up with this crap for 2 months, or am I not looking to save much on Black Friday savings? Currently what I want costs 815USD (tax and all) for an i7 6800k, MSI SLI deluxe board, and 16gb DDR4 2133mhz. Do I plung or do I wait? Will black Friday save me at least 100 bucks? Because I am so sick of putting up with this bullshit. If you can suggest another mobo, my budget is 800+- 20. I don't want tech support no one jump the gun, just advice on if I should wait, and if not if something is better than what I mentioned.
>>
>>56914538
Breathe.
>>
>>56914620
While that is helpful, should I buy now or wait it out?
>>
>>56914644
I don't get what you are saying anon.
>>
>>56914669
Buy parts now, or wait for black friday? Was I not clear enough in my rage? I'm sorry. Budget is 800 or so USD, and I want an i7 6800k. So I guess mobo is the only thing to really decide.
>>
>>56914680
>buying overpriced garbage
>>
>>56914538
no matter what you do, you will have buyer's regret.

there's nobody on this board that can tell you a truly undisputable fact like 'the best course of action is to buy X'.

If I were you I'd plan on having a list of mobos that you know are all compatible with the type of connections you want, that all fit inside your case, and all have the prerequisite amount and type of usb connections, look up what physical stores sell those, and re-visit on black friday. If on the day of black friday you arrive and you're in danger of being physically trampled, 360 and moonwalk away. Ain't nobody got time for that shit.

The worst thing you can do is show up and not find what you're looking for (they took it off the shelf) but instead get a 'consolation prize' for yourself on something else that is kind of ok but didn't really need THAT much. It's the entire purpose of black friday.

Look at me, for example. Went to a thrift shop that's only open 2 days a week, looked for hi-fi speakers which is what I came for. There were no good deals. I found a bunch of hard drives, of which the best was 160GB for 5 europoor dollar. I googled the current rate of GB/euro and figured I had a like 30-50% cheaper rate. So I bought it and took it home. Only when I got home did I notice that this particular harddrive is so old it doesn't use SATA and I can't connect it to my system unless I buy a 1 euro gadget from china that I'm currently waiting to ship to me.
>>
>>56914680
And I want a donut!
>>
>>56914708
You're just looking for an excuse to post that image.
>>
>>56914696
I get your point. Thanks for that. I did however find a 15% discount on one of the motherboards I was looking into, so there is that.
>>
>>56914538
>Currently what I want costs 815USD (tax and all) for an i7 6800k, MSI SLI deluxe board, and 16gb DDR4 2133mhz.
You can get a 16-core i7 system with 128 GiB of ECC ram for half that
>>
>>56914772
after reviewing your post and with the fact that the mobo is already discounted, you could consider buying the stuff now.

You should find an online community where you can re-sell hardware and everybody rates eachother based on their transactions, so there's an incentive not to scam people or else your reviews dock.

Then, assuming that you have a job with disposable income (which you probably do considering you're getting a SLI-capable mobo and an i7, which you might have a legitimate reason to need but the chance of that is statistically small) you buy your shit now, and if on black friday the same component is discounted 30%, buy a second, discounted copy of it and sell off whichever one lost the silicone lottery over this online community for close to retail price. It should take like 3-8 months to clear, but you'll make a tiny profit.
>>
>>56914708
It's so beautiful. It's like Homer Simpson's dream come true.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.