[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Botnets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: botnet-100034898-orig.jpg (543KB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
botnet-100034898-orig.jpg
543KB, 4000x3000px
No memes, no jokes.
Let's talk about botnets.
How can you make sure you're not part of one?
>>
Obviously uninstall Windows and any proprietary software on your computer.
>>
>>56912892
Shouldn't be too tough to watch traffic for control commands and shit. Of course if you don't block javascript you could have cached browser-based botnets for every page you visit and that would be harder to single out.
>>
>>56912910
no memes
>>
>>56912892
This is what a botnet actually is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet

How the fuck are Windows 10 and Chrome botnets? They don't seem related at all.
>>
>>56912923
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>56912918
but how come so many people are part of one?
Most of the big DDoS attacks we hear about on the news are made through botnets, right?
>>
>>56912923
I'm serious though.
How the hell are you going to know what your computer is doing if you can't see the code.
If you want to be the one that controls your computer, you need to be in control of the software, not have the software control you.
>>
>>56912892
>How can you make sure you're not part of one?
dont use the internet of shit (things)
>>
>>56912947
that's a real botnet, we only talk about meme botnets on /g/
>>
>>56912952
There gotta be laws against this.
This idea that all proprietary software is a potential botnet is insane. It's gotta be.
>>
>>56912962
>This idea that all proprietary software is a potential botnet is insane
Can you prove that they are not botnets?
>>
>>56912973
No, I can't. But there gotta be laws to counter act this.
>>
Open-source software
Open-source hardware
Open-source network

Unless you are big time DIY, I doubt you have the second. As you are posting on 4chan, you certainly don't have the third. You were on the botnet before you were even born.
>>
>>56912987
>Open-source hardware
what the fuck is that suppose to mean? arduino?
>>
I'm part of one, my own botnet.
>>
>>56912918
>Intel Management Engine
>>
>>56912947
Unpatched software, grandma clicking random EXEs on the internet. Or you know any of the 50+ executable filetypes on windows.

>>56913567
Yeah and if you see traffic coming at you from intel.com you get suspicious amirite.
>>
File: take a quess.png (531KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
take a quess.png
531KB, 600x600px
>>56913587
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.