[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lines of chode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: xamagon.png (23KB, 609x609px) Image search: [Google]
xamagon.png
23KB, 609x609px
What's the most loc you've ever written for one program? I am doing one now that requires hundreds. Not impressive, but decent for a beginner.
>>
:^)
>>
Toy language Im working on, sitting at around 40K LOC.
>>
Pretty much 0. I just copy and paste a lot with some modifications.
>>
>>56912739
if you think more code = better than you're writing fucking spaghetti
>>
>>56912927
care to elaborate or share? i'm interested in this sort of thing myself
>>
Its a project I've been engaged in since July of 2015. The parser has been taking a lot of my time the past few weeks. I aim to have the syntax C-like, and still shall experiment with member access once the parser is done and good.

So if I wanted an 8bit signed integer I could write it as "Integer.sbyte integer_name (where integer_name could be called anything)

Or Integer.long for a signed 64bit.

I was thinking of keeping it similar to C or C++ with "uint16 for a unsigned 16bit for simplicity - for example. But something else to make the syntax unique but not too far off from C-style. Just a few ideas Im tossing around.
>>
>>56913494
>making the syntax unique for the sake of making it unique
Don't be That Guy, that's how we ended up with shit like Objective C and Lisp (say what you will about functional languages, but fuck that parenthesis shit)
>>
At work: maybe 100k and a bit more.
At home: maybe 5k
>>
6 months and I'm at 16k loc for a web application that manages inventory and production.

My biggest project yet
>>
>>56912739
Largest codebase I actively work on is about 100k SLOCs of C99, but the part I write and maintain is only about 10k out of it.
>>
>>56912739
I work on a 300 KLOC codebase for a military application, of which I've written about 20 KLOC, plus about 5 KLOC of test scripts, over the course of two years. These are rigorously tested and peer-reviewed.

My personal projects tend to be in the 5 KLOC to 50 KLOC range. My largest self-written project is about 80 KLOC.

Remember, less is more. I prefer to delete code more than write it.
>>
>>56913554
lisp syntax is convenient, easy to parse
not introduced so because le rewriting the wheel
>>
>>56912739
my biggest project is about 5k loc of research code, of which maybe 1k loc is doing something hard and novel. the rest is just the ridiculous boilerplate to distribute the fucking thing correctly
>>
>>56913554
lisp is simple.
>>
>>56912739
made a 3d graphics painter program in c++ complete with a gui i coded myself. could draw different shapes + lines, and move them, rotate and resize them.

iirc, less than 1k lines of code. took about 2 weeks
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.