[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

File: aplel.png (141KB, 968x558px) Image search: [Google]
aplel.png
141KB, 968x558px
?
>>
Not if you're not buying one.

Doesn't matter in the goddamn slightest.
>>
Nah probably not, idk. I just dont like iOS, or the no Aux jack(incoming durrrr whut, typical scamsung user)
>>
>>56784461
Durrrr what a typical scamsung user.
>>
>>56784434
>itoddlers defend coil whine on a phone
What else did you expect? They defended the missing headphone jack that literally did not make the iPhone 7 thinner than the iPhone 6S so of course they'll defend this.
>>
>>56784468
Lol.
>>
>>56784434

>Many technology news reporters have criticized BGR for its pro-Apple bias.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Genius_Report
>>
>>56784449
/thread
>>
>>56784434
The thing is that phones are not ment to hiss, so it's not a good sign to be honest.
This plus the fact that apple makes hardware that literally kills it self (touch disease) really makes me nervous.
>>
>>56784434
Yes. Imagine you're taking a video of something and that hissing noise comes on. Your microphone is embedded in the phone, so that hissing noise is probably going to drown everything else out.
>>
>>56784886
This. All memes and OS wars aside, fucking this.
>>
>>56784434
to fix it, you drill a hole in the base with a 2mm drill
>>
>>56784470
b-b-but muh force touch on home this changes everything C O U R A G E
>>
>>56784434
still functions fine as a fashion accessory/lower middle class status symbol so I say it doesn't matter
>>
I actually enjoy the hissing sound on my new iPhone 7. It serves as a reminder of all the high tech devices crammed into the device married with the great design that can only be achieved by Apple.
Whenever I launch an app and hear the hissing sound I can't help but reflect about all the decades of technological research and advancement I have right in my pocket. It's easy to forget what you have in the palm of your hand is more powerful than the supercomputer were 15 years ago
It truly is a marvelous thing and I hope it's never fixed.
>>
>>56785624
Wow, you really tried huh? 7.5/10 shitpost.
>>
>>56785624
Some of the worst bait I've seen in a while. At least you gave it a shot.
>>
>>56785624
>fixed
Stupid dumb scamsung poster. "Fixed" implies it is broken, and the iPhone [number] is NOT broken! It is perfect, and you are just holding it wrong.

Nothing needs to be "fixed", you Google shill. Go perform fellatio on Bill Gates, and leave us alone to enjoy the latest perfect phone from Apple.
>>
>>56784434
I'm curious if it means there's going to be wear over time on whatever is causing the sound.
>>
>>56784628
700$ iMeme that hisses and has no headphone jack
>>
>>56785746
Nah, it's most likely just coil whine
>>
>closest competitor blows up randomly
>its not that big of a deal plus you get a brand new free phone!
>hissing noise that is almost unhearable unless you turn the speakers off while playing vidya
>omg this thing is the most defective device ever
/g/ grasping this hard...
>>
>>56785860
You either vote Democrat or Republican, no third option allowed.
>>
>>56785860
The Note series competes with no one, proper closest competitor is the S7 and edge.
>>
>>56784434
Yes it matters if you have a phone with that problem. Once you hear the coil whine you cannot unheard it.
However in the grand scheme of things the coil whine of the new iPhone is irrelevant. I t is a quality control issue that has probably already been fixed at the factory and any phone that has the problem was made before the fix.
Quality control issues with a new product is common.
>>
>>56785570
>3.5mm jack
>2mm drillbit
wut
>>
Apple went to shit since Jobs ded.
>>
>>56785900
You can keep on telling that itoddler but he wont listen.
>>
>>56785944
You move it around a bit dumbass
>>
so what's causing it to hiss? badly grounded components?
>>
>>56785963
>>56785810
>>
>>56785860
A fraction of a percent of S7s had battery issues. iPhones have had the issue, too. I'll give any manufacturer a pass for as rare as it was in both cases.

Coil whine is fucking unexcusable from any manufacturer. If they really give a shit about QA you would think they would have caught it.
>>
>>56785963
they removed the 3.5mm jack so they could fit miniature snakes inside the phone
>>
>>56785973
so it's caused by the new "taptic engine"?
lmao, so much for removing the headphone jack
>>
>>56784434
All phones squeal some. Usually it's not very audible. Most you can only hear if you press your ear to the phone while it's at load.

Samsung s4's squealed pretty loud but not so much you'd hear it unless you're listening for it. Gets worse with custom roms usually. CM makes it almost silent though.

If it's loud enough to just hear without listening for it then it's a big problem.

idk why companies don't think about this when it comes to something you press up to your ear things making a noise pisses me the fuck off. >mfw everything newish squeals >old shit rarely squealed
>>
>>56785953
use the right tool for the job faggot
>>
>>56785624
6/10
you need a more subtle premise to base your shitposts on
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 465x199px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 465x199px
>>
>>56785624
For idiots: This post is a joke, not bait nor a troll.

You're supposed to laugh.

Goddamn morons go back to your sub-70 IQ safespace
>>
>>56786304
oh you're funny, mind if I save this picture?
>>
>>56787238
as long as you credit me if redistributed
>>
>>56785975
Underrated
>>
>>56785624
underrated
>>
My 200$ thinkpad has coil whine, it's good to know that I'm now in the fashionable in-group.
>>
File: Apple-wireless-testing.jpg (583KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Apple-wireless-testing.jpg
583KB, 1920x1200px
iPhones are notorious for their *gate controversies that always seem to pop up whenever they launch one in a new form factor. Antennagate, Bendgate, and now Hissgate.

Also you can bet that now that Apple are aware of this issue that they're going to damage control the fuck out of it and that it won't pop up again in next year's model.

Source for pic: https://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/inside-apples-black-lab-wireless-testing-facilities/
>>
Yeah it does. I'm taking mine back. Such a waste of my time though. I didn't spend $1400 to get a phone with shit electronics. I have been buying tech for about 25 years and haven't once had anything with coil whine, even shitty amd graphics cards.
>>
>>56785624
laughing my fucking ass off 10/10
>>
>>56787611
That image should be more like "rf doesnt cause any harmful sideffects, its been tested.jpg"
>>
>>56784461
durrrr whut, typical scamsung user
>>
File: ௵.jpg (21KB, 372x260px) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
21KB, 372x260px
I just don't get it /g/.
Apple and Tesla are just companies making products to me, yet all normies act as if their products the platonic ideal of a phone, or laptop, or car.
And then they get all butthurt when something isn't right with them, as if the iPhone isn't just another phone and the Tesla cars aren't just another type of car.
Perhaps I have to be a normie to get it, but for the life of me I can't, I just don't see what they see.
>>
>>56785570

i herd this werks

but seriously -- didn't they test this product for its basic functions
>>
>>56788694
same with PC components...
>>
>>56788775
and gaming consoles...
>>
>>56788785
Its just the marketing and consumerism meme kicking in on the faggots.

>Hurr durr my graphics card runs much better than yours.

But it fulfills my needs....

>ONLY A POORFAG WOULD SAY THAT
>>
>>56788694
It applies to any brand you're probably just more likely to run into people who feel like they have some "allegiance" to those brands.
You could find some guy defending a flag in his linux distro of choice on /g/, or a subaru fag defending a flaw on /o/.
>>
>>56785543
>Imagine you're taking a video of something and that hissing noise comes on
Not just jumping to the defence of the iPhone here, but recording video is hardly going to get the CPU working hard enough to whine.
>>
>>56786030
No, there is a phenomenon in electronics where the rapidly changing currents of electricity through the chips and circuits cause electro magnetic flux, which causes extremely rapid vibration, which causes extremely high pitched noises, to the effect of a whine or a buzz.

It can be prevented with higher quality caps/capacitors/resistors/diodes. More secure fittings for onboard components, or more consideration for traces on the copper board. Relatively speaking, It happens alot on Graphics cards, because of the potentially huge amount of electricity fluctuating through the components.

It was probably inevitable, as its never really happened on a mobile phone before. i.e. noone even put into consideration that the mainboard on a smartphone would produce coil-whine due to the very low wattage on ARM chips. But it is hilarious and downright false advertising that apple would ever tell us that their product is 'premium' when it does something as annoying as coilwhine.

In summary: no. It more than likely isn't specifically caused by the new taptic engine.
>>
>>56785624
Kekked.
Why does every post have to be bait?
Can't people tell sarcasm/satire? Isn't that one of the signs of autism?
>>
>>56788694
Its about the pride of buying something, and feeling accomplished that you made the right choice. And making an outward social statement for accessorizing your life with said purchase. But the stupid thing about today is that people still feel pride only for their opinion, not just if they've purchased the product. Normies believe that their opinion matters just as much as if they had purchased the item themselves.

Its become another layer of society. Thats all there is to it.
>>
>>56784470
It also literally did not make the iPhone 7 sound better than the iPhone 6S because the DAC is now in the Lightning connector, the Apple wired pods have the same (or almost the same) DAC as the iPhone 6S, and there are already cheap Lightning connector earphones with shittier DACs.

All they did was create new ways for customers to fuck themselves over.
>>
>>56785974
NOTE 7, not S7.
>>
File: rock-clapping.gif (2MB, 357x296px) Image search: [Google]
rock-clapping.gif
2MB, 357x296px
>>56785624
>>
>>56789109
>Isn't that one of the signs of autism?

Yes

Keep in mind 90% of /g/ is autistic
>>
>>56784434
I'm still fine with my Iphone 4.
I don't plan to change until I have to.
>>
>>56785624
10/10
>>
>>56789448
So... the included adapter also has the same DAC?
>>
>>56789701
Yes. Though one reviewer found the quality was a little worse on the iPhone 7 with the adapter than straight from the iPhone6S. Probably not noticeable, but measurable.
>>
>>56788949
Sure it will, especially if recording 4k and playing back.
>>
>>56790064
It has hardware support for encoding and decoding video. The CPU should remain idle.
>>
>>56789866
Did he A/B testing?
>>
>>56784434
>remove headphone jack
>so kurageous, so innuvatiff
>use 184198894652 adaptors
>get new AirPods™ or are you poor?
>phone not even thinner
>coil whine
>lol doesn't matter it's a phone anyways
>IP67
>water damage
>warranty
>not covered by water damage
>lol just buy new one, are you poor or something?
iCucks are like sheep begging to be slaughtered.
>>
>>56791899
>Applefags
>Objectivity
Doubt it.
>>
>coil whine on a phone

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>56784628
You're so autistic
>>
>>56794500
Great reply.
8/10
>>
I use all 3 systems.
>>
File: 1280937128.jpg (56KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1280937128.jpg
56KB, 650x650px
>>56785624
top kek
>>
i dont get it, is it like a laptop fan sound? lmao
>>
>>56787611
How about you quit using "-gate" to describe stuff.

Please, call your latest scandal anything else besides "-gate".
>>
>>56785860
>grasping this hard...
>implying I have a Nuke 7
>implying I can only decide between those two phones
Note 3 better than both those shits
>>
File: 200 LEL.gif (530KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
200 LEL.gif
530KB, 497x732px
>>56785624
fucking beautiful
>>
>>56788694
coca cola is not just another lemonade you faggot
how dare you insult my cola ?

every fucking little thing these days get turned into a lifestile product. Normies are cancer and the world will be a shithole in a few more generations if this continues
>>
>>56788694
Its called association. You do it too. Everyone does it to a degree. You see people cheering on some sports team. When they win, you think you won. When they lose, you think you lost.

People want to be included in some group, whether through invitation or artificial means (fan clubs).

Its a human thing, remnant of the past evolutionary adaptation, where if you're not included in the group, you're the dead one.
>>
>>56785975
topkek
>>
File: 1473965213097.jpg (183KB, 912x684px) Image search: [Google]
1473965213097.jpg
183KB, 912x684px
>>56785624
9/10
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.