[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Routers and shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1469592459139.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469592459139.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
So /g/ in the next few weeks I'm going to be setting up a network for a startup. They have a large budget with ongoing investment so it's looking to be a company with 6-8 offices in the next 2 years.

My question is what equipment, if any, should I be looking at for central and branch routing? All of the offices are going to have a server for providing NAS and other services so why not use those to run a virtual router and remove the requirement for a hardware router. The only requirements for the router is to do simple edge firewall filtering, network services(DHCP/DNS/etc) and stand up a VPN mesh so OSPF can auto configure the routing tables.

Pretty confident in using virtual routers at branch offices, but for the central office? What if the server is down? What if there is resource contention? Would a central hardware router be worth the investment for the piece of mind?
>>
>>56688969
hire someone who actually knows what they are doing. even if the options were explained here you wouldnt have the mental capacity to pull it off

fuck off
>>
>>56688969
If you're asking here that business is going to be shut down in minutes.
>>
>>56688969
is this meant to look like a hairy cunt?
>>
>>56689042
Yes, Sherlock.
>>
>>56688969
Here is the only question you need to ask yourself:
Are you willing to stake your job on a central site virtual router, just to save the company a few bux.

Do it right and buy the damn hardware brah.
>>
>>56689059
Sounds like the way to go, these virtual routers are just so damn nice tho

What is a decent vendor and product line for something like this? I'm having to learn a lot at once for this setup so I'm not sure if something like a jewniper SRX would be adequate.
>>
>>56688969
can't tell if fired or not.
>>
>>56688969
oh my god you're company is fucking doomed

le sage
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.