[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: pay-s.jpg (15KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
pay-s.jpg
15KB, 620x349px
Is this worth it?
>>
>>56687467
I've seen people use it. Looks cool. I'm curious though if its safe
>>
Apple Pay is nice but it's mostly grocery stores that accept it, every other store wants their own stupid mobile payment app though.

It's pretty safe since your card number isn't used so even if someone were to hack the store they get a useless number.
>>
>>56687467
It would be good if I could find any place to use it and if it accepted store cards. When contactless payment systems like Google Wallet or Apple Pay will let me:
>shop at the grocery store
>use discount/member cards for said grocery stores
>allow me to use my credit card to pay my bills with touch-id
>place the app in a regular workflow with other apps (e.g., get an email notification about upcoming bill, press "pay now" link, hold thumb over reader for apple pay/google-wallet, bill paid)
then it'll really be worth using. As it is, it doesn't cover nearly enough companies and isn't that useful. I don't give a damn whether it takes me five seconds less to pay some barista an overpriced coffee shop because of contactless payment. I want to be able to go pick up groceries and pay my bills securely with a button press and not have to worry about my wallet getting stolen and credit cards misused because it's sitting at home.
>>
>>56687467
Apple pay sounds like one of those things thats gonna make headlines in a few years after they suffer a major data breech and everyone loses their shit
>>
>>56687953
Serious question: has Apple ever had a data breach like this before?

>fappening
Fappening was just girls falling for phishing scams and giving away their information or making their passwords their birthday.

Apple Pay doesn't transfer any of your payment information and store it on Apple's servers to begin with, so I guess it's kind of a moot point. It just lets you use a plastic card with NFC readers.
>>
So uh... What's the point? I have 2 paywave cards and I don't use them either. I just enter the pin.

I've just never understood NFC payment...
>>
>>56687467
I pay with something called cash.
>>
>>56688021
Yea, for a company for normies, Apple is pretty fucking obsessed with keeping things private and local, and therefore harder to hack.
>>
>>56688038
The idea is:
>don't have to remember any pin numbers for any cards
>don't have to create the same pin number for all cards, risking security, because you can't remember multiple pins
>all card information is safely locked into your phone, so you don't have to worry about losing them or waking up one day to a $1000 credit bill
>use the same interface and action (TouchID via thumb press) to pay regardless of card, store, or transaction online or in-person
It's definitely superior to PIN/chip physical card-based payment, but the problem is that it needs a network effect to prop it up. If all the stores you shop at don't use it, it's very close to useless because then you still have to deal with all the draw-backs of physical cards in addition to NFC payment for select locations.
>>
Samsung does some fancy electromagnet stuff that lets it work on most stripe readers. I'm using that since it's about twice as fast to process as the chip
>>
Will it ever be universal?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.