[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old reliable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20121201_194811.jpg (71KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20121201_194811.jpg
71KB, 1024x768px
Anyone have a PC or laptop that refuses to leave your desk, that is YEARS old, and just won't quit no matter what you put it through? It's the one you always turn to when you need to get something done and has rarely failed you.

Mine is a 2009 model Acer Aspire 5532 with a 160gb HD, 3gb ram, an AMD Athlon 64 processor and Windows 7. It's screen is busted so I have it hooked up to my TV. I regularly dust it out and defrag it's HD and registry. I got this one after my mother upgraded to a better laptop and after 3 previous Dells I had failed all in the same year (all under warranty).

<not my pic btw
>>
>2009

Try 2005. Thinkpad X60. Thing heats up like a madman.
>>
>>56675075
Well I use to use a 2005 custom built PC that my X-bro-in-law built. 80GB hd, 2 GB RAM, and Windows XP. I stopped using it after XP stopped being supported and it was too bulky to set up anywhere after I moved to a smaller house.
>>
I have a 2007 MacBook.

I had to move it to Linux as the newer versions of OSX won't run on it (Windows 10 will though: go figure).

Thing just won't quit. It utterly refuses to die...

I don't even like Macs, I got it as a freebie from work, but I must admit I admire the resilience of it.
>>
>>56675056
HP G42 laptop from 2010 with a Pentium P6200, 2 gb ram and a 160gb HDD.

Bought a cheap KingDian ssd for $30 and the thing is smooth as fug running W7, even with 2gb ram.
>>
>>56675056
Dell Precision M6300.

C2D T7400
4GB RAM
250GB SSD
Quadro FX1600M
17" 1920x1200 LCD
Dell D-Series dock

Runs mostly Server 2012 R2 because management tools and console.
>>
>>56675056
>after 3 previous Dells I had failed all in the same year

Shit dude, you bought 3 Dells and they all failed? I knew Dells suck but to go out and buy two others after the first died was a waste of money!
>>
>>56675177
I only bought one of them.

The first one died after it's motherboard committed seppuku after just short of a month. Thankfully it was still under the 30 day standard warranty.
I went and got it exchanged for another one with extended warranty. Good thing I had it as it died after only 2 months. Apparently The processor has a bad soldering point that causing it to touch another point and short circuit.
The third died after 1 1/2 months. Died for the same reason as #1.

I just said fuck it and returned it for a full refund.I went back to my >>56675093 until my mother upgraded a year or so later and got her old laptop in OP. Never again will I EVER buy a Dell.
>>
Toshiba satellite l300. I only test OSs on it now, shit has better ganu lunix support than my chinkpads too.
>>
I have a old dell e1505 that is still kicking from 2006
Other then the screen hinge hanging on by a thread still functions.

I really wish newer laptop would have front media control buttons like this model had
>>
Got one of the earliest motorised latex dildos from '97 powered by two D batteries, three phase power system, differential gearbox and an 11,000rpm motor. Usually they do after some years from the motor or gearbox burning out but the earlier models were over engineered, you can place it on a chisel and use it as a general purpose tool.
>>
>>56675056
Dell inspiron 5100
late 2003 Model
Windows XP
1 gig of ram
32 mb of vram
Used it as a server for the better parter part of a decade and then as an ad-hoc router when I needed wifi and was too poor for a real router.

Battery is ass and the harddrive needs to be replaced, but outside of that, she's cherry.
>>
File: Untitled.png (34KB, 627x624px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34KB, 627x624px
>>56675056
My old laptop which I still use. I mostly use a desktop though, but for bed is fine. Also does not heat up as much as more modern ones.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.