[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, So who's smarter, you guys or /sci/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

Hey /g/,

So who's smarter, you guys or /sci/?
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>56671637
whichever has fewer posters, we started with nothing and only got more retarded
>>
>>56671637
>Board full of neckbeard ricers vs board full of pseudo-intellectual atheist "scientists" and high school kids who want their math homework done for them.
Hard to tell honestly.
>>
/g/ of course

Also >>56671649
>>
>>56671637
pre-floens /g/ was smarter than /sci/
>>
>>56671659
So neither
>>
>>56671659

wouldn't neckbeards be on both?
>>
>compsci codemonkeys, /v/ crossposters, and ricers; all of which act like they know everything but don't understand a single thing
>science/maths degree circlejerkers along with highschool kids with geometry questions; all of which act like they know everything but don't understand a single thing
honestly probably the latter
>>
>>>/sci/8355473
>>
I frequent both boards but main /g/ because I know more regarding technology.

Both boards have their autistic majorities but in general /sci/ is better in terms of intelligence
>>
>>56671637
I'm fucking retarded so probably /sci/
>>
/pol/ has my vote.
>>
>>56671719

/SCI/ TALKIN SHIT GET THE FUCK IN HERE
>>
>>56671637
/sci/ is dumb as fuck.

>>56671649
Lel.
>>
This kind of mental masturbation seems like it'd fit in on /soc/ or /sci/ better. Why the fuck does it matter which board has a higher collective intelligence? What does that have to do with cellphones and video cards exactly?
>>
>>56671792

shut the fuck up faggot
>>
Trick question. No smart person would browse 4chan. Aside from /diy/ maybe which is pretty troll-free.

I mean imagine actually being smart and seeing all those stupid IQ, pop-science, college blogposting threads and not instantly leaving to do something productive instead.
>>
>>56671825
Post your desktop or gtfo imo
>>
>>56671830
too soon
>>
I go on both boards, mostly /g/.

/sci/ is smarter hands down.
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>56671835
>>
/g/ is definitely in the running for most intelligent single poster, but the /v/ermin ruin our chances for average intelligence of all posters.
>>
>>56671830
>Makes claims about people's intelligence
>Confuses smart with smarter

Typical 4channer.
>>
>>56671996
post your desktop then faggot
>>
>>56672257
You asked...
>>
>>56671978
You guys don't have OHP.
>>
Just look at the replies to your bait. God, I'm asshamed to be part of this board.
>>
>>56672465
>OHP
What?
>>
>>56672465
over head press?
>>
>>56671637
me, i'm the smartest man on this board
>>
>>56672614
one of sci's better namefags, he does research and stuff
>>
>>56671659
Kreygasm
>>
>>56671637
If /sci/ tripfags are as fucking annoying and gay as ours ( not falcon ) then its a tie.
>>
/sci/ but not by much
If it weren't for the /v/edditors and other hyper consumerist posters here it would be the same
>>
>>56671637
/pol/ is smater
>>
occasionally on /sci/ threads, the math/physics PhDs come out of the woodwork, and the thread takes a turn into the twilight zone
i've taken and passed two algebraic geometry courses and have published a few nice results in arithmetic geometry, but some of the stuff that goes on in those threads is way beyond me

on /g/, you have wizards who have been working with computers and computer science for years, maybe some are experienced in hard math, like category-theoretic stuff due to type systems, so they've got a good bit of math under their belt, which requires serious devotion

i would guess that, on average, /g/ has more useful people than /sci/, but /sci/ definitely has some inhumanly smart people lurking, and is overall smarter
not to imply that there aren't really smart people on /g/, i just think there's more on /sci/
i also do not wish to imply that there aren't useful people on /sci/, i'm sure there are some engineers that are able to stop sucking cock long enough to get things done
>>
>>56671637
Probably the latter

Dumb undergrads struggling in diff eqs and analysis are still smarter than codemonkeys that waste time on garbage like codeacademy
>>
Imagine you had to pay $40 to look up every unknown function. Think how easy it would be to get shit done when you weren't logged into a stack of free keys at work. Would a smart person in your field be more likely to do research, or post on an imageboard?
>>
>>56674704
/sci/ here

it took me 6 months to figure out it was "CodeCademy" and not "CodeAcademy"
>>
File: 1473163224898.png (1MB, 3000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1473163224898.png
1MB, 3000x1500px
>>56671637
/pol/ is the smartest.
>>
>>56674768
DELET THIS
>>
>>56671637
/sci/, now get back to work and hit them books
>>
>>56671637
>/g/
>smart

pick one
>>
From this thread I can tell /sci/ is smarter
>>
>>56671773
Mein Neger.
>>
>>56671649
>>
File: 2016-09-19_143704.png (27KB, 1341x486px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-19_143704.png
27KB, 1341x486px
/sci/ is.

When /g/ circlejerks about university/colleges, it's usually status jerking.

But /sci/ actually managed to produce an anon who produced a pretty damn good viewpoint on education. Pic related.

/g/ ain't capable of this i'm afraid, and i think i have an explanation for why:
/sci/ and /diy/ basically became the boards of retreat for any knowledgeable users from /g/ who actually have a brain.
/sci/ for academics and /diy/ for anyone with a garage/trade/craft and skill in practical application.
The leftover shit on /g/ is now mostly video gayme retards from /v/.
/sci/ and /diy/ don't have a touching point with those retards, ergo higher quality of threads and users, but /g/ is mostly /v/ + programmers/coders.
Remove the programmers/coders from /g/ by making a /prog/ board, and you will be left with /v/.2 with retards acting like they know technology when they don't know shit, the typical gaymer.
>>
File: IMG_2463.jpg (75KB, 750x934px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2463.jpg
75KB, 750x934px
>>56672640
>caring about namefags
>does research and stuff
Thanks for sending this board to the gutter by posting here.
>>
>>56671669
FLOEEEEEENS!!!!
>>
>>56674580
I lurk both, this is the best description itt
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.