[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1474212726543134626930.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
1474212726543134626930.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
Just finished building my PC but it won't boot, it attempts to load windows before restarting. Any suggestions? Currently sitting in the CMOS menu.
>>
>>56663406
install gentoo.
>>
>>56663406
Looks like the hardwire is not connected to the maindrive of the motherframe.
>>
Did you formate your new drives? Did you wire your drives to boot the the drive with windows first. Too many possibiblities, you might aswell just give the computer to me if you cant figure it out.
>>
>>56663406
If it attempts to load Windows then you're getting past BIOS and all important components have power (it was able to read from the hard drive and the video card was able to drive the display.

At this point you're likely dealing with overheating if it turns off randomly the moment it starts to do real work. Make sure your fans are plugged in.
>>
>>56663633
I've had similar problems when using a shitty power supply. BIOS and everything worked fine, until I tried to boot Windows But if that pic is his, he's not using a shitty one.
>>
Check if there aren't extra motherboard standoffs shorting the pcb.
>>
Ive had bad ram cause this issue but try installing windows again. Ive had to reinstall 3 times in a row before not even kidding.
>>
>>56663406
I think I see the problem. Where are all your LEDs?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.