[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mission is to share my knowledge and experience with you.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1468189398191.jpg (128KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468189398191.jpg
128KB, 960x640px
My mission is to share my knowledge and experience with you. I will not write who I am and why I want to do this. Ask me anything related to Informatics and Information Technology.
>>
>>56648159

Are you following orders to come here and share knowledge?
>>
File: 1464267804756.jpg (351KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1464267804756.jpg
351KB, 700x700px
I want to help /g/. Picture is unrelated.
>>
File: 1460927877559.jpg (649KB, 900x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1460927877559.jpg
649KB, 900x2200px
>>56648182
No, I am just grateful, thanks to /g/ I learned a lot and now I would like to share whatever I can.
>>
You can recommend me a cheap VPS for practice with servers/webs/services etc.?
>>
>>56648207

What's a quick nugget of advice you can share to those wishing to work in the IT field?
>>
vim or emacs? why?
>>
You use VIM? Why?
What can I do with Vim that I can't do with Sublime Text?
>>
>>56648272
second this
>>
What's your job?
You have studied something related to Informatics and Information Technology or have learned all self-taught
>>
>>56648270
This changes with time, look for yourself and you will find one that will most be suitable for you.

>>56648272
Learn to use Unix-like environment and Java and C# are most probable to get you a job.
You should also be able to learn things on the go.
First, learn only as much as you need to get the job done.
Having a portfolio on github with programs you wrote is useful.
Get internships, this way you will have something to write on CV.
Ask the companies for internship even without their announcement for a position, go there yourself and talk.
Good luck.

>>56648277
Use both and then choose the one you like and feel the most. For me it is emacs, although vim has some nice things about it too. You will choose the right one eventually.

>>56648314
I may not answer this question, sorry.
>>
Find the VPS that you will be able to pay anonymously using prepaids for various services.
The one that will require the least personal information seems to be the reasonable choice.
>>
>>56648327
>Good luck.

Thanks mang
>>
>>56648379
It is also very useful to study IT or CS, I don't know how it is for people without beaurocratic approval. There are some cases, where people win programming contests and then they're hired.
>>
I want to exploit systems. Where do I start? I already know the basics of metasploit but I dont know in which circumstances to use which exploit.
>>
>>56648704
Backtrack seems like a good place to start.
Read their tools page, set up testing environment, this way you will learn about the various tools.
Then you may be able to read their source codes and improve them or write your own tool from scratch.
Various debuggers help to find bugs which may be related to security.
Read some files from phrack.
>>
Is it because you are a botnet?
>>
ARE YOU A BOT?
>>
>>56648159
Will Damas--Hindley--Milner be enough for anybody or should we go fully dependent?
>>
>>56649674
No
>>
>>56650154
Functional programming will probably always be less common than imperative programming.
There is too much essential, legacy software written in imperative languages to make the change of globally used paradigm possible.
However, it is good to research type systems in lambda calculus.
I have not read the paper about it, so my knowledge of this subject is limited.
If you are interested in functional programming though, go with it and happy hacking.
>>
>>56650221
You're way out of your depth here.
>>
>>56650650
You're right, my experience with functional programming is very limited.
I tried Scheme and Haskell, but haven't wrote anything serious using them.
I also had a chance to use Scala a bit.
>>
>>56648270
Serverhub. Google it. Thank me later.
>>
>>56648159
How do you truncate DNS messages to fit the 512 byte UDP limit?

Do you just cut it off, or do you keep removing elements from it until it fits?
>>
>>56650901
Split the message into several parts and send it separately.
>>
>>56648327
>I may not answer this question, sorry.
faggot
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.