[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pocket chip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 556cb247d0e74-Figure+2.png (663KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
556cb247d0e74-Figure+2.png
663KB, 1024x1024px
who else here /comfy/?
>>
>>56645138
I really like this thing, do you already own one? Their websites says they start shipping in November. I really wanna build a case for it and then never use it again.
>>
got mine this month, backed the kickstarter. currently using it as sort of a pda/palmtop
>>
I guess I'm retarded, but I legit don't understand what it does well yet. It looks like something I'd enjoy though.
>>
File: 073.jpg (75KB, 680x613px)
073.jpg
75KB, 680x613px
>$70
>single core 1GHz angry birds processor
>0.5 GB RAM
>480 x 272 screen

So what makes this worth it compared to getting a Warp Elite for $5 more?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0163800S4/

warp elite specs:
>quad core 1.2 GHz angry birds processor
>2 GB of RAM
>1280x720 screen
>>
>>56646007
IT' NOT OPEN AND FOSS HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT MY FOOT SKIN WITH THAT
>>
>>56645138
Hopefully this week. I think I'll have some fun playing around with it before forgetting its existence.
>>
>>56645861
A (pocket) chip owner here, I have to admit it's not great. The keyboard really holds it back from being a truly /comfy/ take everywhere and do everything device. It's *acceptable* for very light web browsing or sending some commands to a server. I suspect the pocket chip was really just made to be touted on the kickstarter to get tech sites and "maker" fags excited about Yet Another SBC.

The bare chip itself is a hell of a lot more interesting. I really dig the onboard wireless, storage, and charge controller. I got mine headless running all sorts of background linuxy bullshit right out of the box
>>
>>56646007
I can't tell if this is bait.
>>
>>56647444
OPs thread is bait in and of itself. Nobody with a functioning brain would ever buy a pocket chip. It's super overpriced for what you get.
>>
Anyone with the pocket chip is a fucking retard.

You bought a crippled device for starbucks cred.

The Chip itself is a really nice little thing, super cheap, capable, expandable and open.

The pocket chip ships with a crippled ROM which won't allow the chip to work outside of the pocket housing.

The only thing it is useful for is whipping out of your pocket while you sip your mocha-frappe-latte-chino and showing your hipster-ass friends so they can go "Wow, i've never heard of that before" and there, that's it. Purpose ended.

You know the test pocketChips that went out to the expensive tier backers? Feedback came back that the screen was TOO HIGH RESOLUTION, THEY LOWERED THE RESOLUTION OF THE SCREEN FOR MORE FUCKING HIPSTER CRED.

Do you understand how much of a cancer you people are on technology?

Get fucked you disgusting piece of trash.
>>
>>56648013
But it works outside the housing. You have to flash it tho.
>>
>>56648059
And then re-flash it when you put it back in the housing. Do you understand why that's fucking retarded?
>>
>>56646007
For the last time, how does this even compare? It's an Android phone. Why do you ALWAYS have to shill this one in particular? It doesn't even have good value FFS, not to mention that it does not run Debian, is not free as in freedom and does not have a fullsized USB port.
>>
>>56648108
So you're prepared to buy something with shit specs as long as you give RMS a boner?
>>
>>56648072
I agree with you, I was just saying. Do you have the source of the 'too high resolution'? I'd like to read that.
>>
>>56648013
/thread
>>
>>56646483
I thought it was made to be a platform for playing retro games and other pettiness, just for cuteness....
Have you peeked into the instruction set yet? Is it good? I want one just for writing my prototype OS in it; I want something that is so simple and limited and portable that I don't have to delve into any complications and use it on it's own.
>>
I have one from backing the kickstarter, the 'keyboard' is total ass and makes trying to play any game impossible.

>>56648013
>THEY LOWERED THE RESOLUTION
fucking hell, its too low resolution to use what I wanted it for, which is making pixel art. the screen is so small that the toolbar isn't fully visible.
>>
>>56645138
Hell no, a 9 year old phone I got for basically nothing has much better specs
Yes, including the screen, keyboard and OS support
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.