[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

iOS 10 is a pleasant surprise for the iPhone 5 and 5C

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: android_vs_ios_thumb800.jpg (15KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
android_vs_ios_thumb800.jpg
15KB, 800x450px
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/09/good-news-ios-10-runs-pretty-well-on-the-iphone-5-and-5c/

iPhone 5 released in 2012.

>I’ve always been frustrated by the “forced obsolescence” argument with respect to iPhones and iPads, and the fact that iOS 10 runs pretty well on the iPhone 5 makes it even more silly than it normally is. There is, to put it quite simply, no other company on Earth who is providing this kind of support for its phones. Not one. How many years has it been since Samsung even thought about the Galaxy S III? The HTC One X didn’t even make it two years. Microsoft ditched the Lumia 920 with the Windows 10 update despite promises that all Windows Phone 8 phones would be supported. Even Google won’t commit to keeping a phone around and up-to-date for more two years. And it’s getting to the point where any given Android phone maker couldn’t keep hardware updated for more than two or three years even if it wanted to.

How will Android recover?
>>
>>56643619
Why is iOS 10 so ugly, though?
It looks like some shitty Linux theme.
>>
first of all this isn't a pleasant surprise at all, since iOS beta 1 we know what phones it will support.
second of all, forced obsolescence doesn't come instantly, minor updates will slowly fuck up iPhone 5, just like it did with iOS 9.x with my 4S, they even removed red light filter from 4S even though it supported it, just to make me buy a new phone, cunts.
>>
>>56644158
D E L U S I O N

You cant compare an A5 with an A6.

kys noob
>>
File: 1445698587594.jpg (272KB, 1198x836px) Image search: [Google]
1445698587594.jpg
272KB, 1198x836px
>>56644333
>hey guys look! Apple is supporting 5 year old phone! What a great company!
>what are you, fucking retarded? Of course it's not fast it's an A5, buy a new phone
>>
>>56643619
I know nobody here will believe me, but my iPhone 5 actually runs pretty fucking well on iOS10. I'd even say it's far more responsive than iOS9 and 8. No stutters, nothing.

So anyway, I strongly recommend to upgrade to iOS10 in case you are on an old device.
>>
File: 0007.gif (24KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
0007.gif
24KB, 128x128px
>>56643619
>How will Android recover?
By having a headphone jack. Checkmate, Apple.
>>
/g/ is pretty much the poster child for the general stupidity of most people who argue about forced obsolescence.

You have an old device. Here are your incredibly fucking obvious options: (1) don't update it or (2) update it with the knowledge that it's an older device. This is true with any hardware.

Apple gets hit with the arguments more because iOS is a less fragmented environment so comparisons are easier to make and fingers easier to point. In reality, there is little difference between any of the manufacturers when it comes to this kind of shit. That said, it is clearly true that Apple has better software support than almost all Android phones because of how long they put out updates for, never mind that people always get them instantly whereas that is not the case with Android other than Nexus/Pixel.

But, you know, gotta go with the dank maymays and circlejerk about Apple! I don't like a lot of Apple shit either, but they do do some stuff incredibly well even if I would never buy one of their computers. The blindness when it comes to this brand is fucking unreal and it's mindboggling that the bashers think that they are somehow not exactly the same as the "fanboys" that they love to talk about.
>>
>>56643619
HTC HD2(2009) runs Android 7, that's how.
>>
>>56644502
>"runs"

First of all, that's community support - don't get me wrong, that's nice, but Google hasn't implemented a decent update solution in the 7 years Android has existed.

Second, on the unofficial Nougat builds, only the bare essentials work for now - the sound, the display and the wifi. Yes, it runs it, but I wouldn't use this in my daily life - I'd use it at home to fuck around with.
>>
>>56644568
Well, I wouldn't use that phone at all. If we are talking about being "usable" Nexus 4 has a perfectly usable N build. The only real problem is the lack of official updates, unofficial ones constantly prove that the OS itself only gets faster.
>>
>>56643619
>How will Android recover?

Gee man, they sure are doomed with their 86% global market share
>>
>>56644158
This just sounds like you'd never be ok with having to change phones because yours got too slow. At some stage developers have to stop thinking of making things ok for very old hardware.
>>
>>56643619
Android is a much better OS. iPhones have much better hardware than majority of Android phones (but not all), if you can ignore the lack of mSD.
And again, almost nobody cares about the updates. Just like the "you can't torrent on iPhone" argument, it's not something relevant to the majority.
>>
>>56644830
>Android is a much better OS

[arguments needed]
>>
>>56644849
It's not a closed up piece of shit which needs muh iTunes, can't share files, and isn't limited only for social network use. Not to mention you have a limited source of applications, can't customise anything to your liking and many other restrictions apple made to keep the iPhone in the "apple bubble". Android is just more useful, like a PC. While iPhones are consoles compared to it. There's no need to argue, if you can't see something as obvious as this then anyone arguing with you is just wasting their time.
1/10, made me waste time.
>>
>>56644821
the thing I hate is ifags say like it's smooth since it supports it, but it isn't. I can install android 6.0 to my galaxy wonder too, but it'd just be slow as iPhone 4S.
>>
>>56644445
but next generation won't :^)
>>
>>56644749
Proves?

How?
>>
>>56644404
Now show me this same graphic now that they arent updating iphones 4 and 4s

Just look at the benchmarks retard, it makes no sense to compare an iPhone 4s to an iPhone 5.
>>
>>56644967
>install an unofficial update
>it's faster
That's how.
>>
>>56644910
Interesting opinions
>>
>>56644986
>its faster

How? What are you basing this statement on?
>>
>asstech
Stopped reading there
>>
>>56644910
>more useful
>literal gimmicks that only manchildren care about

Whatever a smartphone needs to do, an Iphone does better.
>>
>>56644996
Personal experience. OEM abandoned my device at 5.0, unofficial 5.1, 6.0 and 7.0 have only gotten faster(both in ui fluidity and benchmarks).
>>
>>56645020
Android does all of that too, plus the "gimmicks". And does it better.
>>
>>56645035
>Personal experience
So literally nothing?

k
>>
>>56645020
>Whatever a smartphone needs to do
I'm interested what it needs to do.
>inb4 things that even dumbphones could do
Reminder that sony ericsson dumbphones had true multitasking. So, only until recently your you got on par with them.
>>
>>56645035
>be rich iPhone patrician
>buy phone in 2012 for a premium price
>still works like new 4 year later
>always fast and realiable
>getting full support from the company he gave money to

>be androidpleb
>buy cheap phone
>get scammed by the company he gave money to
>phone is abandoned 1 year later
>needs to install pajeetware to get the latest OS
>what doesnt work: you tell me
>calls iphones overpriced

pottery
>>
File: CsitPY7UAAA_eSm.jpg (38KB, 618x483px) Image search: [Google]
CsitPY7UAAA_eSm.jpg
38KB, 618x483px
>>
>>56645072
literally anything a smartphone needs

>>56645038
>android does better
lolno

Only thing android does better are shitty gimmicks like ricing and emulators.

iPhones have better apps, are faster, get more software updates, are more secure and have a better user experience.
>>
>>56645111
>literally anything a smartphone needs
Like what? Maps with gps, calls, texts, book readers, games, multitasking, dumbphones have it all. Even file managers. What makes iPhone a "smart" phone?
>>
>>56645137
Literally anything you need on a smartphone.

>muh file manager
Sure you dont have it, but like I said, its a smartphone.

You can manage your files using apps. You dont need anything beyond that.
>>
>>56645165
>Literally anything you need on a smartphone.
I'm asking you for the third time - what do you need from a SMART phone? If you don't answer this time it would mean you're simply paid to shill that garbage.
>You can manage your files using apps.
Yeah, file manager apps. Like phones in 2006 did.
>>
>>56645236
>you're simply paid to shill that garbage.
He does it for free.
>>
>>56645105
why are americans so stupid that they need to literally write obvious texts in their political cartoons?
>>
>>56644435
pretty much this, it's faster than iOS 9 on my iPhone 5. It's obviously not on iOS 6 level, but it's on par with the latest iOS 7.

I'm pretty fucking amazed since my phone is 4 year old and running the latest OS. I doubt there's any 4 year old Android running 6.0, and pretty fucking sure no one is running 7.0 on it.
>>
Legit question, because I don't have an iPhone:

How do you copy some files over wifi from a network share (say files on a Windows PC)?

Someone told me you can't, but I don't believe it.
>>
File: htc-hd2.jpg (54KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
htc-hd2.jpg
54KB, 450x600px
>>56643619
One phone to rule them all, bow down to your king.
>>
>>56644435
Is that before or after I should put my iPhone in the microwave?
>>
>>56645329
There's an app for that
>>
>>56645356
Which app?
>>
iOS 10 VS Android 7.0 really just comes down to what you prefer to use
>>
>>56643781

/g/ loves shitty Linux themes. Look at any desktop thread that the mods don't delete
>>
File: tux pepe.png (105KB, 883x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tux pepe.png
105KB, 883x1024px
>>56643619
If Apple really cared about customers they would sign all firmwares for devices they drop to allow people to downgrade. They also wouldn't leave out important board components like underfill and metal shielding causing touch disease. Planned obsolescence is real and denying it makes you look dumb as dogshit.
>>
>>56645165
>"smart" phone
>doesn't even have a file manager
>can't even do anything other than dumbphone stuff, and unlike them it doesn't have a file manager, can't even share files easily or connect to a PC without iTunes, or have expandable storage
Literally an overpriced dumbphone with fancier hardware and restricted OS.
>>
>>56645332
New HTC HD2 tier phone when
>>
>note 4 runs smoothly (well, for Android) on 4.4
>update to 5.0
>runs like ass
>update to 5.1
>runs like ass
>android fanboys will defend this
>>
>>56645343
Not sure, but it was right after I fucked your mom.
>>
Apps seem to be loading slower, browsing the chan is now slightly more annoying because of the captcha scroll and wifi seems slower
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.