[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dell XPS 15 - 2008 - reviving project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: m1530-5.jpg (33KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
m1530-5.jpg
33KB, 775x500px
I want to revive this piece of shit.
It has been through many battle through the years. A real tramp that has been abused by many OSs.

... then I ran out of ideas with it.
That is why I came to /g/.

I want to do something with that crap but I have not a single clue of what to do with it.

It has a 500gb I believe or 320gb.
4gb of RAM and a Dual Core 2.0ghz or 3.0ghz plus a GeForce 8800M.

The HDD is failing I believe; so nothing too fancy.

I have a new project going on soon, a data surveillance center for myself and friends.
Either about our datas and surveillance cameras, we have no idea yet.

Anyhow, I tell you this because maybe this POS could be useful inside this project.

What are your thoughts, what would you do with that machine?
>>
>>56639127
Did you try turning it off and back on again?
>>
Since data surveillance center do kali
It has a lot of programs that involve data snooping and other information like that.
>>
>>56639544
hah kali is already on it, funny.

I was thinking of messing around and install Windows XP SP1 for the sake of I don't fucking know, nostalgia I guess. Or any unix shit for whatever reasons.
>>
>>56639500
Hey- I'm just trying to pass time.
>>
>>56639584
Hmm if it had a optical drive them you can use that as a hard drive bay for another hard drive for either backup or dual booting.
Also if possible add an sd card slot for adding either backup or adding another OS to boot
>>
>>56639622
To add on that put in either arch or MS dos and play around with tbat to keep you busy
>>
>>56639622
Meh, the drive bay isn't a conventional one so that would require some sort of modifications.

There's an SD card slot up in the front, which I uses really often. You remind me I could use another OS using that way, clever. Thanks.
>>
>>56639641
Np OP
>>
>>56639638
I guess I could do Arch, been a long time since I haven't fiddle with it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.