[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I AM GOING TO HAVE AN ANEURYSM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1460-00[1].jpg (159KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1460-00[1].jpg
159KB, 1200x900px
I have WS2812B LED lights strips with a Mega 2560 Microcontroller made for Arduino and I'm trying to figure out how the actual fuck to get this motherfucker to program the lightstrips to visually synch with music.

I am Googling like a mad man but I'm getting so much conflicting information that I don't understand dick.
• First, I read that I need a microphone or beat sensor part on a breadboard
• Next, I read about just going it from your audio jack
• Then, I read that it's impossible to connect audio jack input to your arduino
• And then, I read that going from your PC is superior to the beat sensor, because it causes cleaner beat detection, which doesn't make fucking sense cause I just read it's fucking impossible multiple times.

I really tried here /g/, but I need help. Does anyone here have any idea what I'm trying to do here?

(I tried cutting open an old pair of earbuds and connecting them to wires for the microcontroller and I'm not getting it to work with code I found designed for 'audio jack' style that allegedly works which leads me to believe I'm fucking retarded).
>>
youre going to need to do a lot more research

i recommend the MSGEQ7 IC which will split audio into frequencies for you and return an amplitude

then you can map different frequencies (probably bass) to different colours

i hope you have programming experience. you should be able to find some hookup diagrams for MSGEQ7 online.

>I tried cutting open an old pair of earbuds and connecting them to wires for the microcontroller

don't do that
>>
>>56638306
Probably a million ways to do that, but I would put a volt/amp meter in the speaker line and give that to the Arduino, which could vary intensity based on the draw.
>>
>>56638331
this desu

If you're hooking this up to a computer, and have programming experience, here's another thing you can do that puts more of the heavy lifting on the operating system.

If you're on Windows, WinAPI has a way to isolate a program's sound channel iirc. Or you could just use the entire system sound. From there you can get the frequencies and transfer that to the Arduino.

I haven't worked with an Arduino, so I'm not sure what they can do, but the basic flow would be something like:
Operating system software converts sounds to frequencies, then to LED values -> USB CDC transfer LED values to Arduino -> Arduino converts LED values to WS2812B 1-wire voltages and passes them along -> Arduino sends WS2812B 1-wire reset pulse -> Arduino sleeps until a USB OUT transfer interrupts it.

If you did this, you'd want to use an isochronous OUT endpoint for the Arduino so you stay in sync with the audio.
>>
>>56638306
install gentoo
>>
>>56638306
You can use Processing to open up a serial connection to the Arduino, the Arduino then takes the signals from Processing and shows them on the port which you connect to your LED dildo.
>>
>>56639053
And obviously Processing processes the sound on the machine, in case you didn't get that.
>>
>>56638306
just so you know, youre not gonna drive a whole fuckton of bright leds off of an arduino alone. You need to hook them up to an external power source.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.