[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hackintosh Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Unibeast El Capitan banner.jpg (80KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
Unibeast El Capitan banner.jpg
80KB, 700x300px
Hackintosh fags,
I'm trying to install a dual boot hackintosh system on my new custom PC for app development and other reasons. I'm trying to find out the best method of approach. I've been doing the unibeast approach and it's my 3rd attempt, it's not turning out to be as simple as Tonymacx86 makes it seem.

Is Niresh a better approach?

Are you enjoying your hackintosh?

General Hackintosh thread
>>
>>56636771
The Unibeast worked well for me. Never tried the Niresh one.
Mine is working pretty good even if i'm scared to update from El Capitan to Sierra.
I have issues with some Adobe products, having kernel panics when launching them so I just tried with older versions and it worked.
Good luck anon
>>
>hacking, working hard and expending money to use proprietary software
>>
>>56636771

depends. what problems do you have? and did you try to boot with -x -v

Also does anyone know if 290x works with Sierra?
>>
>>56637041

thanks for your much needed input. now go away homo
>>
>>56637046
Im using a gigabyte ga-z170x motherboard , intel processor with an nvidia gtx 970 graphics card. I'm pretty sure I meet all the requirements and I got up to the apple logo but it doesn't progress bar doesn't move which is where I'm stuck at.

I tried the UEFI boot but I'm gonna switch to see if the legacy boot works.

>>56637041
It's not really a choice, I need xcode and emulating osx is the definition of aweful.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-16-00-57-36.png (74KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-16-00-57-36.png
74KB, 480x854px
I purchased a Nvidia GTX 680 video card for my 4,1 Mac Pro. On the card there are 6-pin and 8-pin ports. I am confused as to exactly what sort of power cables to purchase. Am I to buy this?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/251526972068?_mwBanner=1
>>
>>56637278
Are you sure your bios settings are 100% correct with regards to the guide you're following on tonymac? Bios settings can make a difference.

I would also consider using Yosemite or an older version of OS X, if you continue to have problems. I've ran a hackintosh in various hardware configs since 2012 and el cap has been the most difficult to install and the least stable by far.
>>
>>56636771
>Too poor for a top of the line mac
>But too entitled to use windows on your pc
Have fun with your broken shit, not sure why you people think the troubles are worth it.
>>
>>56637278
>>56638134
Also, have you searched the tonymac forum using the model number of your mobo as the search term to see what setting others have used?

I would also try installing with the graphics card removed and see if you can run OS X successfully.
>>
>>56636771
Niresh is never a better approach. It's a hacked together mess of old shitty kexts and are made by basement dwelling Russians who add custom crap like custom notifications, login screens and similar crap to OS X. Basically it does not install OS X as it is supposed to be. They've marked the entire install with their Niresh shit. So don't bother with it or other 'distros'.

Unibeast with Clover is the best approach. If you know what you are doing, you'll be having a top-notch 100% working hackintosh up quite easily.

>>56637278
You use -v as a boot argument in Clover/Chimera/Chameleon or whatever Unibeast uses these days. There might be a graphical choice named "verbose" there that is the same thing. It'll stop on whatever stops it from working properly, you Google it and find the solution, fix it, and repeat until it works. Once you got it working properly you'll need to test certain stuff like SpeedStep and getting all the peripherals working.

Your setup should work perfectly. It should be a rather easy build to get going.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.