[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people want keyboards on a modern smartphone? Do they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: sidekick.jpg (95KB, 650x528px) Image search: [Google]
sidekick.jpg
95KB, 650x528px
Why do people want keyboards on a modern smartphone?

Do they not realize even $700 flagship phones would have mushy keyboards, shitty hinges, and the keys to not last even a year?
>>
>>56636509
The keyboard in my x10 mini pro lasted 3 yearsand it wasn't the part that died, forcing me to upgrade.

What are you on about op?
>>
>first smartphone was a droid 2 global
>slide out keyboard
>6 years old
>hardware still works completely fine and feels nice

Just because you've used shitty phones doesn't mean nice ones that use a keyboard can't exist.

Literally the only downside is that it makes the phone thicker, which is "bad marketing."
>>
>>56636509
one word: emulation
>>
>>56636509
Black berry is doing fine, also typing on the screen is shit.
>>
>>56636509
I have the phone in OP's image, and after 5 years, the only thing that's broken is the touchscreen
Even the mushiest keyboard still feels better to type on than a slab of plastic or glass
>>
>>56636509
SSH, IRC, SMS
>>
>>56636509
The best thing that people seem not to realize is that in landscape mode, unlike in portrait, the virtual keyboard covers almost the whole screen. So with a physical landscape keyboard you could use the full screen. You could use the full webpages made for PCs with widescreen displays instead of the mobile ones. And if they added a trackpoint you could browse without having to cover the scree with your finger.
>>
>>56636801
You're talking about people who take videos in portrait mode and fail to grasp the idea that a smartphone can be used in landscape mode.
>>
>>56636603
>Black berry is doing fine
Uh...
>>
>>56636509
one fucking word
>touchtyping

seriously, that's 90% of the reason I want a keyboard. tapping glass is shit, buttons are great.

also I have fairly thin fingers and frequently hit adjacent keys on a touchscreen keyboard, I can't imagine how bad that would be for someone with sausage fingers
>>
I wish t-mobile could come out with a new android or winmo sidekick. It have a ton of battery life.
>>
I would show the world my sad excuse for a dick on primetime tv for a nice android slider. Windows Mobile had physical keyboards for days.

I miss the days when companies duked it out with form factors instead of SO THIN. Even the Pantech PN-820 was neat. Windows Mobile on a flip phone was awesome.
>>
>>56636509
My fucking Samsung Messenger in high school still feels good to type on and I texted a LOT as a kid.

God I hate these fucking shills. "Oh well touch screens are better lol" Well you know what? Fuck you, I WANT a physical keyboard. I think they are an untapped and forgotten niche not because people weren't buying them, but because people will buy whatever is hot when you take away options.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.