[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how much longer until apple abandons the pc business?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: CsaqN7VUEAASR1g.jpg (25KB, 896x400px) Image search: [Google]
CsaqN7VUEAASR1g.jpg
25KB, 896x400px
So how much longer until apple abandons the pc business?
>>
>>56630689
hopefully very soon
>>
What would be cool is if Apple released macOS as an ISO file for people to install it on everyday PCs.
>>
>>56631416
Then there'd be no reason to buy their hardware. Only reason to buy Apple hardware is because their operating systems are simply better in both design and functionality. Basically it looks amazing and actually works. Windows or any other linux based OSes have acheived any of the above.
>>
>>56630689
OP, what does the multithreaded benchmark scores show? You're comparing a CPU optimized for efficient single core use vs a 12 core (+hyper-threaded?) sustained multithreaded workload.
>>
>>56631416
There's absolutely nothing to gain for Apple there, though
>>
>>56631614
Cloud subscriptions.
>>
>>56631633
$1k laptop > $10/month subscription
>>
>>56631515

it looks amazing compared to shitdows10.

but Finder is so terrible compared to windows explorer. Thats the only reason i havent hackintoshed yet.
>>
>>56631670
>but Finder is so terrible compared to windows explorer.

the one thing that classic mac had absolutely right and they couldnt copy it
>>
>> what are you talking about op they abandoned the pc business years ago. macs aren't pcs (in the sense there're shit)

kek
>>
>>56631670
>but Finder is so terrible compared to windows explorer. Thats the only reason i havent hackintoshed yet.

That's true but it's also unlikely to change. Coming from Windows it annoyed the hell out of me as well at first.

But you have to do it the "Apple way(TM)(C)" to get a pleasant experience.

As opposed to Windows they do NOT want you to "look for file > open the corresponding program" but rather "open the app > look for the file".

But using spotlight works 99% of the time and is, in fact, much faster than manually finding the file in the explorer.

You can't be really OCD about your file structure now. I mostly dump my stuff into my dropbox or downloads folder. I find everything quickly using spotlight but if I had to actually sift through that crap, I'd be lost
>>
>>56630689
Why would they abandon it?
>>
>>56630689
>geekbench
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.