[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Budget low-power build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (24KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 265x190px
I'm building a cheap computer with an Intel Pentium G4400.

What motherboard and GPU should I get for it?

I don't really play video games aside from classic Doom, but I will be watching HD movies and videos on it.
>>
Rx 460
>>
EVGA GTX 1080.
>>
>>56616118
I was considering that one.

How is it compared to the GTX 950?
>>
>>56616130
I know you're just kidding.

It would be a waste to pair a powerful card like that with a Pentium.

Also I'm trying to keep the card in the $100-$200 range.
>>
Use an A8-7600 and an FM2 motherboard instead. A ton of games/programs have problems running on 2 threads or will outright refuse to start.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LUH1N4O/

It's only $80 and has ~40% better multi-core performance which matters in newer games. As a bonus you can play vydia from the get go since it has a powerful intefrated GPU capable of playing BF4 at 30+ FPS at 1080p.

Just make sure to get 2 sticks of 1866 MHz RAM (not that expensive) and put them in dual channel mode to get the most out of the integrated graphics.
>>
>>56616138
A bit weaker, but the 'green' 950s might push your budget.
>>
>>56616049
>not getting the Pentium AE
It's like you don't want really fast single-threaded applications for no money
>>
Wait for the AMD A10-9700E.
>>
get literally any mini atx or some variant. If you don't play games then you'll literally never need the extra pcie slots and ram slots.
>>
>>56616212
If I were to get the RX 460, would it be worth it to invest the extra $20-$40 for the 4gb model?
>>
>>56616392
If you're not going full AAA the 460 is a good stand in card that's pretty much replaced the 750ti. Doubt the 4 GB will help much though. I have a 950 SC 2GB and I still get HD vids.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.