[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking Intel Atom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Front.png (113KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
Front.png
113KB, 800x400px
What heinous cunt decided that machines like this were necessary ? I've been asked to install win10 on this piece of shit and no word of a lie i have never seen a slower computer. The SINGLE core is at 100% when i right click desktop, windows update has been running for 6 hours, it's at 16%, deleted the softwaredistribution folder twice thinking it was frozen. I get the whole internet of things concept but all it has done is give people a reason to build fucking terrible machines that just should not exist in any situation. Why is intel Atom even a thing ? please someone point out anything good about these peasant tier, wastefuck CPU's
>>
I agree with you, but i Don't see them as worthless. I think they are perfect for the true, truly impoverished people, or for those who need an ultra low-power setup.

Of course, I would only run something like puppy linux on it.
Running something like windows botnet edition would be a terrible idea.
>>
>windows on low end hardware
>>
>>56615256
>single core atom
So you're complaining about a 10 year old netbook CPU being not fast? What the fuck did you expect?
>>
>>56615388
slightly more than what im experiencing. It's not out of choice, im a computer sys engineer and have been burdoned with the task of dealing with this fucking thing
>>
what if
guys what if
someone would've manufactured atom powered routers
>>
>>56615256
Do you really NEED to put Windows on or are you just too stupid to load something less bloated?
>>
>>56615444
fair enough, that makes sense. have they really though ? or are they just putting them into hilariously peasant grade computers ?
>>
>>56615471
i NEED to unfortunately, its a company machine with particular needs and the guy who bought them is a total retard. i would love to
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>56615256
What made you think that Installing win 10 over other options like gentoo or arch was a good idea ?
>>
>>56615493
(continued) i would love to just install gentoo and be done but the operators of this machine are retards too.
>>
>>56615523
read other posts, made that clear, computer sys engineer, get paid to deal with peoples stupid computer problems
>>
>>56615256
I'd suggest win7 or even XP
Newer windows probably has missing drivers for that
it's going to be a pain using a software rendered aero desktop
>>
>>56615256
I have a dual core (with 4 threads) Intel Atom in my NAS. Its pulls 6.5 watts, passively cooled and is fast enough for my NAS.
>>
>>56615556
yes, that's a nas. about as much power requirements as a fucking calculator
>>
Atoms are pretty nice, I'm replacing my desktop and server with a VM server that has an 8 core Atom
>>
>>56615444
router? already done router os/mikrotik using intel cpu and even celeron works on that .
>>
>>56615600
couldnt find my low quality bait picture................
>>
>>56615614
probably home server, or machine like on supermarket cashier something like that
>>
>>56615614
It's not bait, dumbass. Building a mini ITX computer with an Atom C2750, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 4x4TB HDDs, and a single slot FirePro.
>>
>>56615256
They are CPUs aimed for mobile market. Why are you using W10 ?
You should use Android or very light GNU/Linux distros, not WIndows.
>>
>>56615653
confirmed peasant
>>
>>56615667
Why?
>>
>>56615444
openwrt supports x86

>>56615256
>>56615388
so it IS an old atom? those were truly shit, and belong in the garbage bin
>>
>>56615539
Fucking excuses
>>
>>56615256
http://g2digital.co.uk/products/rack-pc/1u-nuc/

Personally for the money you should have just got a regular 1U server. Then you could have added 4 hard drives, redundant power, literally takes up the same space, A pci slot. If you're trying to save money you could buy it second hand for half the price and got a quad core with 8 threads, upgradable ram.
>>
>>56615256
> The SINGLE core is at 100% when i right click desktop, windows update has been running for 6 hours, it's at 16%
Windows OS in 2016, everybody.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.