[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright nerds, my laptop fucking broke in half so I'm gonna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Alright nerds, my laptop fucking broke in half so I'm gonna need a new one for uni. What should I get? Price range ~$1000
>>
>>56610165
Fuck off back to /fit/ chad. We all know you don't go to Uni
>>
>>56610289
alright srs tho I fucking hate windows 10. If I buy say, a new Asus ZenBook, how easy is it going to be to install Windows 7
>>
>>56610165
how did you break it in half?
>>
>>56610406
one of the hinges gradually wore down to the point where the monitor disconnected
>>
>>56610387
it depends how fluent you are with BIOS.
>buy USB
>buy windows 7
>have minimum knowledge about anything
>?????
>W7 profit
>>
Macbook
You don't know about laptops, you don't need nothing else
>>
>>56610433
for how long have you used that piece of shit
>>
>>56611414
this, just got a 2k MacBook to realize that I have not use for it but as a fancy shitpost giant ipod
>>
Thinkpad
Everything else you will manage to break again
Ask here:
>>>/g/tpg
>>
>>56611454
Y not just get a basic macbook pro
>>
>>56610165
Surface Pro

Lightweight, works as a textbook ereader, lets you make handwritten notes and diagrams.
>>
>>56610387
> download untouched iso image from torrent of choice
> flash iso with rufus on usb
> boot from usb on new laptop and install
> google pastebin + windows activation and activate via skype given the instructions
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 634x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 634x472px
>>56610406
Pic related.
>>
>>56610165
What you studying?
"He asks knowing all to well it's cock and the laptop is used as a rest for his knees"
>>
>>56611549
But for me to be a computer it must be in my genes...
>>
Paper pencil
>>
>>56610165
T450s
>>
>>56610165
http://outlet.lenovo.com/outlet_us/itemdetails/20FMS31100/445

Thank me later
>>
>>56611525
This. I got a pre-retina MBP for $300 on ebay in mint condition. Bitch probably never even booted it up, just got a non-retina by mistake and returned.

I would never buy one of the goddamn things new because lol spending more than a grand on a laptop, but if you can find a mint refurb for less than gouging price somewhere it's definitely worth it. I'm seeing a lot more of them now and I bet you there will be droves when the new retinafag macbooks come out later this year.
>>
>>56615031
Dat flexing shit keyboard and completely abandoned build quality.
>dropped
**30 was the last chassis worth a fuck mate.
>>
>>56615603
I've had a T60, T420, T430s, T440s, and a T460 and I will agree with you that the chassis is not as sturdy as the earlier series but it is still sturdy enough, especially compared to other modern laptops
>>
>>56610165
just get a chromebook and put non-botnet linux on it
>>
Don't get an Asus. I've had a couple of diferent asus laptops that would get fucking boiling and shut down and whatever for no reason in the past few years.
they would work great the first couple of months. but then they would get really laggy, and it doen't help to wipe it clean or anything.
They were fantastic back in 2010ish. But now, not so much.
Next time I will get a lenovo. I have heard that they should be very sturdy, reliable and stable for a great price.
>>
>>56615563
You're either bullshitting or got incredibly lucky. I fix, refurbish, and resell macs on the side and I have never had to go lower than $500 for a recent model MBP non-retina in B+ condition.

You are right; however, that the price is going to dive when the new rMBP models hit shelves. The new-mac audience has a tendency to linger a few model years out so the last of the pre-retina holdouts who bought new are likely to dump this go around.
>>
>>56615772
I have also had a lot of problems with the touchpad on asus machines. very unresponsive sometimes.
>>
>>56611599
Film, so I'm going to need something that can handle potentially heavy video editing and photoshop work

I'd really prefer not to get a mac, I'm not familiar with OS X at all
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.