[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/psg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg (2MB, 5616x3744px) Image search: [Google]
b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg
2MB, 5616x3744px
Privacy and Security General
Common man edition
Share your suggestions for extra security and online privacy that everyone can and should do.

>Use an open source operating system
Ubuntu is good enough for everyday use.

>Avoid google producs
Google is an advertising company and is very integrated into our lives. It wont be easy to abandon it. For starters, you would need a new email. Certain countries provide email services that are more concerned about privacy. If yours doesnt, an alternative is protonmail.
Their web search is also so commonly used that it has become part of the language, there are alternatives though. Startpage sends your searches to google from their servers thus anonymizing you in the process. You still get the same results, albeit slightly slower. If you want a completely new search engine, there is one called Qwant which isnt that bad. Avoiding google products also means avoiding chromium based web browsers. Luckily there is a firefox fork for every taste. I personaly use Firefox ESR. Additionally, Google maps can be replaced by openstreetmap.org and Libre Office is a better alternative to google office. Unfortunately, there are no privacy concerned alternatives to google drive, so encrypt your files before uploading!

>Smartphones
Smartphones have a lot of sensors. The most common operating systems for them are iOS and Android. The former is known to have backdoors and the latter is a product from google. That leaves you with a few options, assuming custom android roms are too complicated for common man. You can get a feature phone or a blackberry phone but both of those also come with closed source OSes. We're all patiently waiting for jolla phones to hit the market.

>Dont share your info on the internet if you dont have to
You can always give false info if you have to use a service that you dont trust.
>>
>common man edition
more like unreachable sperg edition

>ubuntu
but I know you want to say it has amazon search results in a DE you wouldn't be caught dead using!

>avoid google products
Only americans get penalized this hard for success. When's the last time you used ask, or anything else, or mapquest instead, you'd flip shit without these things although I guess you can get away with it by being a nobody in a basement

>smartphones
This was my favorite part of your post because you know so much shitty "information" about how android has "backdoors" and you don't even mention the ludicrous big brother spying that ios has. Shouldn't you be flipping turbo shit at that? But that is always what spergs do, just focus on something that's slightly wrong and ignores the big hits that should be total failures in their eyes.

>Don't share your info if you don't have to
You have no "info" besides your gay searches and interests that you secretly know to be shit, you're taking the blame and moving it onto the technology you use to look it up.

It's simply time to admit you are the new form of neo-luddite, all of this is too new for you and you are mentally stuck forever in 2003. You are your grandma who has been fighting computers since the 80s. No really you are the exact same.

responses to this are going to be "post ur ssn" and the same tired shit that has nothing to do with the fundamental reason why you're doing this because this is what happens when computer dropouts become losers, they need something to fill up their time lest they have to face their problems. If you are actually this stuck in the ground, you are unemployable and will never be able to run your own business. More for me so thanks for effectively self-containing yourself from the world. You're the first in a brand new generation where you have access to everyone else on the internet along with all of the information ever and you've thrown it all away for nothing to appear trendy and be vocal.
>>
I have nothing to hide and I trust in my government to keep me secure.
>>
>>56608296
>being this mad
Why do you care how I fill up my time?
>>
https://prism-break dot org
>>
>>56609326
>email recommendations
>autistici
they know
>>
>>56608297
The government is probably the least of your worries.
>>
>>56608296
holy buttmad batman
>>
>>56608198
Here is my pasta, OP

I believe in security through isolation. Due to the current state of technology you cannot avoid using dangerous closed source software and habits. However It's upto you how seriously you are going to take your security.
Although Privacy and Security are correlated, are completely different priority. Sometimes you actually want your privacy to be breached to a certain extent to be secure from malicious attackers.
Here are my security advices:

Install GNU/Linux. Have MAC or RBAC enabled. Don't log in as a root.
Only install the softwares from your distro's secure repo
Use the Grsec kernel with PaX patches.
Use uBlock origin. HTTPS everywhere, Disconnect and Decentraleyes.
Use a Secure DNS.
Never keep yourself logged into anything.
If you want to compromise your privacy, enable two phase log in, However please do not link your email IDs as "referential IDs". Just make sure one email ID does not trace back to the other one you got.
Use a password manager. Best way is to maintain own encrypted spreadsheet.
Never use flash.
Install and keep firewall enabled at startup.
Keep bluetooth and printer service disabled by default.
Never give your windows VM any network access.
Do not bank or shop online unless you really have to. NEVER INSTALL YOUR BANK'S APP IN YOUR PHONE.
Randomly change all your 16 digit passwords. Use your spreadsheet to keep track of it.
Analyse your data traffic to check for network tapping.
Always keep a mirror backup of your data. Create your own cloud storage if you are really serious.
Lastly, only visit trusted websites

Reminder that there are malwares can exploit your host file system. Bidirectional file and clipboard sharing should be handled with caution.

>Protip:
You cannot "download" or "install" security
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.