[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which looks better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

Which looks better?
>>
>>56608094
9.3 would be good. Work on that.
>>
I miss some features from 9, but I have to say that 10 is even more responsive and stable. I'm impressed.
>>
>>56608094
Left looks better.
>>
>>56608094
9 looks better

Lel my iPod Touch 5th gen will not get the update
>>
>>56608094
10 looks more like android so 10
>>
Really impressed with the legibility of everything in iOS 10. Particularly when the phone is locked they make everything bigger.
>>
They both look like an interface of a toy.
>>
Uh they are both shit, but I guess that wasn't the answer you were looking for.
>>
>>56608094
the date should not be on the widget page that you get by left swiping home screen. it's fine along with the time on the lock screen widget page, but just the date by itself every time you left swipe from home screen makes absolutely no sense. (note that in the original beta there was no date there but vocal minority on reddit whined and as a result apple caved)
>>
Left fits the iOS design philosophy more. It also blends in better and looks smoother.

However, right is more practical and readable. I was able to instantly read what was going on and understand without effort. The bar shows what the element you're looking at is such as batteries and under it it's nicely organized and concise all in its own package.

Left one I had to work more to understand and it just feels off as it tries to just blend in with everything instead of having individuality.

Right one wins, but left looks better. Although I'm sure once you get used to it you'd love the right one and think it looks better just for the fact of it being more efficient alone.

All the fucking time with these store front captchas the fuck 4chinsssssssss
>>
>>56608276
Why is it literally never an American store front? Always some UK paki bullshit
>>
os 9
>>
Why do you even need a battery widget?
>>
>>56608094
9 looks better honestly.

Anyway, installed 10 on my iPhone 5 yesterday. I thought it would be horrible performance-wise, but it's actually way more responsive than 9. Didn't expect that at all with all those new features and whatnot.
>>
>>56608337

Yeah, Apple doesn't pull the cynical planned-obsolescence thing anymore. They haven't for a while, it's just that /g/ doesn't pay attention, and doesn't understand how important it is to differentiate Jobs-era Apple from Cook-era Apple. Cook-era Apple has been a lot friendlier to the consumer, all told (heh).
>>
>>56608382
>Apple doesn't pull the cynical planned-obsolescence thing anymore.
Because it's obsolete on release.
>>
>>56608382
Well, to be fair, Steve had to do what he had to do. He was building the platform and foundation. He had the vision from the start.

Tim is just polishing up the idea. The foundation is already there. That's why they're not really changing the designs much or doing anything courageous aside from removing ports.

So, Steve had it much harder. He had to destroy everything in his path and do whatever he could for the foundation. It's easy to maintain and be customer friendly when everything is in place for you. I think Apple will just focus on design and interface going forward. Probably mostly on services and the applications. The iPhone is perfect. IN TERMS OF APPLE'S PHILOSOPHY you Android cucks calm down. There's nothing for them to upgrade it with. Everything is in place.

They won't plan obsolescence. They'll slowly add improvements, but in a way that people don't get bored. What can you add to the iPhone? I mean for fuck sake iPhone is so perfect that they remove things just to make it seem like there's change going on, but when you look underneath it, the iPhone 7 doesn't do much differently. They'll probably just make it MORE waterproof, better camera I suppose, add more performance, etc. I doubt they'd ever remove the home button because that represents the whole phone and the design of it.

Certainly will be an AMAZING thing to witness going forward. I'm very interested in seeing what Apple does to the iPhone because it's reaching the limit in terms of the design. Who knows... Maybe for the anniversary they will remake the iPhone. Or do an iPhone SE 2 type of deal. I am worried for Apple though. With every iteration there's less incentive to buy the next iPhone. We're starting to see it now. They dragged it out as much as possible anyways... I mean for fuck sake they released the iPhone SE because they had no ideas.
>>
>>56608555
I agree with the first part, but there's no way that the iPhone is anywhere near Apple's idea of a 'perfected form'. Technology is increasing at unbelievable rates in every facet, and constantly pushing frontiers and implementing groundbreaking features is the only way Apple have a chance of keeping par with Android in the long term. The home button will probably disappear, and eventually it'll be replaced with a slew of features we couldn't even conceptualise now. Because that's where Android is headed, and if Apple doesn't then it'll be left in the dust.
>>
File: smug1.png (36KB, 268x237px) Image search: [Google]
smug1.png
36KB, 268x237px
>>56608094
Apple steals GUI from android yet again
>>
File: 1459844397110.png (573KB, 622x622px) Image search: [Google]
1459844397110.png
573KB, 622x622px
>>56608871
>and does it better
>yet again
>>
>>56608871
Example? Maybe the idea, but not the actual design as Android doesn't look like that.

Doesn't matter though. It's what they do. All companies do this. Apple, Microsoft, Google, etc. all "borrow" ideas from each other. No one cares at this point.

One comes up with the idea. The other steals it and improves it. The one that came up with the idea steals it back and has a free improvement over his initial idea. They go back and forth. The customer wins in terms of that. What you don't want is for them not to steal or have competition because everything will remain the same and there will be no improvements.

Look at the S7. Samsung made it waterproof. While they're not innovators of waterproof phones... They did do damage to the 6s and it was a great competitor. This forced Apple to make the 7 waterproof or "resistant" as the lawyers call it. You KNOW Apple wouldn't have made the shit waterproof. They hate doing anything if they don't have to. They would have dragged it out as long as possible. Same reason why they made a 12 MP camera.

Stop being an Android shill. We all win when they do this. It forces improvements. Just how now Android has to improve due to iPhone 7... Meaning you, Android cuck, will get a better experience.
>>
>>56608811
Not the guy, but I completely disagree. Smartphones have converged. They all literally do the same, some with gimmicky features nobody uses, some without. Some a little faster than others. But it's not like the first phase of smartphones where substantial things got added. Things that were actually immediately recognized as insanely useful. Replacing the home button with some other shit really isn't even in the same ballpark as adding high resolution displays, advanced networking, an ecosystem for applications, actually usable cameras etc. Those things happened from 2007–2010. You basically had to shoo your customers away from the old products in order to move on.
>>
File: IMG_9430.png (470KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9430.png
470KB, 1242x2208px
>>56608310
>>
>>56608094
9 by far
>>
>>56608555

The home button is going for sure.

The future is complete screen interfaces.
>>
>>56608310
Bluetooth devices, the amazingly designed Apple battery case thing, and the Apple watch. Things like that. Although I don't see a point in having it if you don't use other devices.
>>
File: HTC-ONe-M8-M7.jpg (179KB, 979x613px) Image search: [Google]
HTC-ONe-M8-M7.jpg
179KB, 979x613px
>>56608928
>Android doesn't look like that.
HTC Sense in One M8 looked exactly like that.

Pretty much they are stealing all the HTC shit for years - the dual cameras, the phone design, the interface. They even bought Beats from HTC.
>>
>>56609001
Maybe. If they redesign the iPhone, sure. My point is that it's not really an iPhone then is it? The home button IS the iPhone. It completes the package. Even Apple says so. "The home button is quintessential Apple design." https://youtu.be/NS0txu_Kzl8?t=3545 (@ 59:05)

Who knows maybe they'll just move it to what you said. They already made it solid state.

>>56608980
Why does iOS look so beautiful? I'm not necessarily talking about the design choices, but just the look. The quality is crazy. My S7 screenshots don't look that good. The only bad design is the cal min and miles icons in the Pacer widget. Looks blurry and cheap.
>>
>>56608310
For Le pencel
>>
>>56608094
Left
>>
>>56608980

whoa thats a high res screenshot, how the fuck?
>>
>>56609340
>not having a 2k screen on your phone
>>
>>56608960
There are still important and innovative things being added all the time. 3D Touch is claimed by many to be a gimmick, but it's an essential feature when integrated properly into the OS and 3rd party software; once Android FINALLY adopts it in the next few years, people will finally realise it's as important as the RMB. Same with dual cameras - as a videographer, I can tell you that dual cameras are an absolutely massive thing for photography and will become standard very soon - because smartphones will always have tiny sensor sizes by necessity, multiple lenses unlock a crazy amount of potential which is yet to be fully utilised by iOS or Android software.
>>
>>56609018
word
>>
>>56608094
Definitely not the one on the right.

Reminds me of Android 2.
>>
9 of course.
>>
File: IMG_0218.jpg (152KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0218.jpg
152KB, 640x1136px
>>56609340
Nah, it can't be that good, right?
SE 64gb gray
>>
>mfw apple literally just copied material design cards
muh inovashion
>>
>>56609746

How's your battery life so far?
>>
I used an iPhone for the first time yesterday. Holy fuck, the notification shade is bad. How is apple so far behind? Why are androids notifications so much better?
>>
>>56609018
They even stole the implementation of dual speakers from the htc10 on the iphone7. Does htc only exist to be cucked by apple over and over again?
>>
>>56608094
Why the fuck did they do that? 9 looks better

Also this >>56609748
>>
>>56610753
Nah, HTC dual speakers are way better. They moved from Beats to Harman/Kardon and then to Bose partnership. I don't know how they did it, but HTC speakers sound divine. They now include a discrete 24 bit DAC too.

But as a rule of thumb - you buy HTC now, you know what iPhone will look like in 2 years.
>>
>>56610753
If next year Apple releases a knockoff Vive and presents it as a huge innovation I will be laughing my ass off.
>>
>>56610775
>Nah, HTC dual speakers are way better.

I actually meant that the use of bottom-firing in conjunction with the earpiece seemed way too similar to what htc recently did with the 10.

>But as a rule of thumb - you buy HTC now, you know what iPhone will look like in 2 years.

Kek.
>>
File: For_what_purpose.jpg (25KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
For_what_purpose.jpg
25KB, 323x454px
>>56608094
>pretty moony
>partly moony
>>
>>56610854
Feel so moon.

Gotta rewatch Space Bros sometime, then I remember it's like 150 episodes of comfy.
>>
old thread bump
>>
>>56610635
Pretty great. My day usually starts at 7am and between messaging, music, checking emails and making 10min calls the phone at the end of the day is at 30 to 40% charge left
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.