[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FBI director: Cover up your webcam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20160914-225532~01.png (636KB, 1440x2042px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160914-225532~01.png
636KB, 1440x2042px
What does he know that we don't?

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/295933-fbi-director-cover-up-your-webcam
http://archive.is/E9NJC
>>
>>56607064

Yeah, and don't forget to stab the ground with a knife in case it rains too, you tech illiterate faggot.
>>
>>56607064

Maybe he's just an idiot. If the way elected officials interact with technology has taught me anything, it's that they don't know the first fucking thing about technology.
>>
Does anyone unironically NOT put tape over their laptop webcam? I disable it first thing and tape over it on all laptops.
>>
>>56607960
your location data is more compromising than your ugly face
>>
>>56607064
I did it because I'm too lazy to cut the cord in mine.
>>
>>56607082
What would that do to the rain?
>>
Its been known for a long time that the camera and mic on a phone can be silently accessed at any time. A proof of concept was actually shown where a compromised phone was intermittently taking pictures, and those pictures could be aggregated together to form a detailed map of a building.

They aren't safe. If you can't physically disconnect them you should obscure them.
>>
File: tv.jpg (46KB, 364x375px) Image search: [Google]
tv.jpg
46KB, 364x375px
>mfw I was at some guy's place today, opened his task manager and the camera software was running
>>
>>56608008
Exactly.
>>
>>56607988

This. Your location is being recorded. Your travel speed and distance are being recorded. Your Internet traffic is being recorded. Your phone calls are being recorded. Your text messages are being recorded. You are being watched via CCTV, license plate readers, red-light cameras, body cams, and possibly even a dirigible, drone, or satellite, depending on who/where you are.

Do you really fucking think that defacing your webcam is going to stymie the surveillance state, you goddamn idiots?
>>
>>56608059
What about non-state actors sillyman?
>>
>>56608069

If they're not trying to oppress you, they almost certainly want money or account credentials, and peeping at you through your webcam is not how that is done. Someone trying to attack a public official would gain a lot more from a keylogger than they ever would from a webcam feed, assuming they had enough control to do either.
>>
Used to be common sense to not reveal your name on the internet too.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.