[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that USB is the reason why phones are so thick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: Moto-Z-USB-port.jpg (301KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Moto-Z-USB-port.jpg
301KB, 1600x1200px
Reminder that USB is the reason why phones are so thick
>>
They're not thick at all, fucking millennial
>>
>>56601549
USB is the reason phones don't need a fuckin 9V round adapter your spoiled retard.
>>
Who the fuck needs physical connectors? Just use wifi and wireless recharging ffs old tech faggots ruin everything
>>
Why isn't there 2 or 3 USB ports?
>>
Reminder that faggots like op are the reason phone batteries are so small
>>
>>56601549
Shut the fuck up, You one-man Apple thinktank.
>>
>>56601703

*aren't

ftfy
>>
>>56601703
too thick
we need more room for the battery, taptic engine and home button
>>
>>56601549
Reminder that thinness is why battery lives are so low
>>
>>56601549
What's the problem with that?
>>
>>56601758
just use an external battery pack
>>
>>56601758
So what's the fucking point then? Gee, your phones thin, but it has to be tethered to life support every other hour.

I'd rather have a slightly thicker phone than 400 battery banks shoved up my ass.
>>
>>56601549
I feel like if they got any thinner they'd just snap
>>
Let's create a phone with no battery. It would be way lighter and thinner. They customers can just use it plugged in all the time.
>>
>>56601549
Kind of useless when there's wireless charging and you can do everything wireless.
>>
>>56601549
I agree with OP. They should definitely remove it to make it slimmer.

Just look at how slim the iPhone 7 is just by removing the audio jack. What a difference it makes!
>>
>>56602356
But a thin phone means you can add on only the battery that you need. Physical bloat is the worst kind of bloat.
>>
>/g/ started posting daily threads saying "reminder 3.5mm jack is the reason phones are so thick"
>this goes on for about 6 months
>stops for no reason; don't think about it, just thankful it finally stopped
>another 6 months go by
>iPhone announces there's no headphone jack
>>
>>56602614
Soon... just you wait.
>>
>>56602614
Except there have been phones without jack before and iPhone 7 is actually thicker than 6. But keep implying whatever you're implying.
>>56601549
>battery dies
>welp! Time to buy a new iPhone!
Devilish.
>>
*THICC
>>
>>56602614
That's the joke
>>56602784
Wireless charging.
>>
>>56602799
>Wireless charging.
They won't add that, otherwise they would have already done it.
>>
File: .jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>56602579
>you can add on only the battery that you need
You can't because it's not removable.
>powerbank
"I gave up" starter pack.
>>
>Reminder that batteries are the reason why phones are so thick
>Reminder that logic boards are the reason why phones are so thick
>Reminder that displays are the reason why phones are so thick
>Reminder that phones are the reason why phones are so thick
>>
>>56601549
Reminder that ur mom is why you are so thick
>>
>>56601549
I think we're at a pretty good place in terms of phone thickness. It can't be credit card thin and still be ergonomical.
>>
actually the battery is the real reason
mind blown amirite?
>>
>>56603400
We should design a phone with none of that.
>>
>>56601747

hearty kek
>>
Reminder that atoms are the reason why phones are so thick
>>
>>56602815

That's the dumbest thing I've read all day
>>
>>56603508
An iphone already gives pretty much the same resulting functionality of that so you might as well just get one.
>>
>>56601549
Honestly I'd be fine with a phone that only uses wireless charging. I added a wireless charging tag to my Note 3 and I haven't used the USB port since.
>>
i want my phone to be thin enough to get sliced with an occasional phonecut
>>
>>56603600
>tfw can't shave with my phone
when will we get disposable phones that doubled as razors so we can finally make calls while shaving

this is a problem that needs to be adressed
>>
>>56601715
This
>>
>>56601692
>>56603595

wireless charging kills battery health and life, also has the potential to make your phone combust
>>
>>56601549

You state that like being thick is a problem. I want a phone that won't bend in my pocket, and can also hold a charge.
>>
>>56601637
THICCCCC
>>
>>56601549
They need to be thicker. Muh thin is one of the shittiest memes ever and needs to die as soon as possible.
>>
>>56603545
Im not that guy, but he is right. There is a reason why phones dont have built in induction charging.

"Spoiler" its incredibly inefficient.
Still in its meme stage.
>>
>>56605208
>There is a reason why phones dont have built in induction charging
My next phone was released in 2014 and has inductive charging.
>>
>>56605208

Is that why my S7 gets hot as fuck using wireless charging?
>>
>>56605208
>"Spoiler" its incredibly inefficient.
So is AC/DC conversion, DAC to drive an audio device, pretty much any radio hardware. Not to mention every voltage regulator and other device in the long chain of wall AC power --> your laptop's mainboard --> your laptop's usb port --> your phone's usb port --> you phone's battery.
>>
>>56602356
this
Droid Turbo master race
>>
>>56601549
kys
>>
>>56601549
Audibly chuckled
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.