[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ I need your advice What would be the best/fastest way to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: cplusplus.png (33KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
cplusplus.png
33KB, 600x400px
/g/

I need your advice

What would be the best/fastest way to learn C++?

K&R -> Accelerated C++ -> *some deep STL course/book*?

I know few languages and basic of C, I have seen K&R, but it was hobby tier and now I am looking for a fast way to learn to level of atleast C++ junior position.

Some of you know C pretty good so I assume that you could give some nice tips for learning C++
>>
>>56597320

uhh pointers are memory addresses and you access things on em with the -> thing and you can toss them around as arrays sometimes but in C++ there is no good reason to do this unless you absolutely have to in fact raw pointers in C++ are kinda outdated at this point if you consider smart pointers also templates are cool as shit but they aren't as necessary as people make them out to be also btw if you wanna use modern C++ use auto and to that overloading template magic stuff btw K&R is a good read but if you want practical knowledge for todays world it's kinda pointless uhhhh hmmmmmmm oh yeah don't program C++ like a C programmer like don't use printf or any of that stupid shit and use initializer lists instead of that
this->x = x;
shit i mean come on this isn't java
>>
actually programming something would be a valuable learning experience. dont just read books, and if you do, make use of computer flash cards to memorize key points.
>>
>>56597320
You know what faggot by the time that you've taught yourself all the CPooPoo you need to do the shit you need to do, you could have taught yourself C and be learning whatever other shit you need to do in order to get your shit done.
>>
>>56597733
As I said I know basic of C, I was looking for some advices to learn how C++ and developing software on enterprise level.

I can not use only C, because company that I will have intership at use C++ for their drivers
>>
>>56597320
>fastest way to learn C++?
You wish.
>>
is learning c++ worth it?
how many years/projects do you need in order for it to actually payoff the learning curve
>>
>>56598142
>payoff the learning curve
Bitch, you can learn most of C++ in a couple of weeks if you aren't mentally disabled
>>
>>56598199
oh ok sorry
>>
>>56597379
So does it mean C++ doesn't work without RAM or SWAP?
>>
>>56599155
The fuck are you talking about
>>
>>56597320
there's no shortcut. pick a way and get started.
>>
>>56598142
I have no idea how it works for someone learning it cold by themselves, but from my CS degree and into the professional world mostly working with C++ I would say that it takes a year to reach fundamental competency and maybe five years to be virtuoso fluent in a niche worth inhabiting. C++ is a big enough universe that you won't ever be a reliably competent professional in all aspects so you will be needing some kind of purpose and direction.

I did my undergrad projects almost exclusively on embedded systems in C and transitioned into physics research engines with C++ professionally.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.