[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smart watches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (12KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 470x313px
Is this worth or just a piece of useless technology.

For me, charging you watch every day is a joke
>>
I have an lg g watch, I really like it but they're not worth anything more than 80 bucks (I got mine for 40)
>>
>>56597159
100% useless unless you really have a specific need
>>
Daily charging would kill it for me. I have a Pebble Time now (and a Pebble Time 2 on preorder) and I love it.

There's a few basic things you can expect from a decent smartwatch, IMO:
>Having a watch that has accurate time, since it syncs from the phone.
>The ability to check/screen notifications and calls when the phone is in your pocket/up to 30 feet away, when using the phone would be less convenient (e.g. when hands are occupied or while waking), or when directly checking the phone might not be socially appropriate (e.g. during a business meeting). I'll often use the watch to reject an unimportant call, or to check an email to see if it's worth getting my phone out for.
>a basic fitness sensor if you don't have one (not perfectly accurate as it sometimes interprets brisk touch typing as "walking", also some have heart rate sensors that check often during vigorous exercise [not terribly accurate] and occasionally during non-activity [generally pretty accurate]
>a good alarm that WILL wake you up while it's on your wrist without making a shitload of noise or waking up other people in the bed

The one thing I love about the pebble is it charges from dead to 100% within 30min-1hr and you can get 5 -10 days of use without charging (the former if you get a lot of notifications, the latter if you get fewer; using a watchface with a seconds hand/count reduces battery life vs one that just displays the minutes). It also uses real buttons to control rather than a gimmicky small touch screen.

If you are expecting anything else from it, you are probably going to be disappointed.

>NFC payments
Not that popular in the US
>boarding passes for airlines
The TSA podiums are fucking awkward to scan as well as most airlines. Just print a paper one or use your phone, the small display on the watch also makes it harder for barcode scanners to read
>heart pulse shit on the apple watch
dumb
>"apps"
Most apps are fucking useless scaled down versions
>>
File: 67589906.jpg (22KB, 285x320px) Image search: [Google]
67589906.jpg
22KB, 285x320px
Is it wrong that I enjoy using a cheap chink smartwatch as a wrist communicator?
>>
>>56597159
If you have a job and need to screen emails without the need to pull out your phone they are essential. Also, the pebbles last about a week on a charge and can take a beating from being drop/smashed into things/ taking a swim.

The timeline make organization quick and easy. and the customizible UI allows for A E S T H E T I C S one day and practicality the next. The advantage is definitely in the modularity of the UI. I personally love having a smart watch.

I feel like this whole "smartphone on your wrist" meme that applel and google are pushing are really missing the point of what a watch is supposed to do.

>wow a dual core smartwatch so I can play some flappy bird knock off and kill my battery even faster. even tho people who write 15kb games probably don't have multi core libraries in their applications.

smartwatches have a place but big corporations are just memeing the fuck out of them.
>>
>>poorfags whining because they cant afford a decent smart watch thread
>>
I got a Sony SW2 and use it for the clock and notifications.
If my phone vibrates but the watch doesn't, it's not worth it to get the phone out of my pocket.
>>
>>56597284
So, like every product ever?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.