[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

selft taught software developer meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: qlwqmg1y6292vgjgfj99.jpg (201KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
qlwqmg1y6292vgjgfj99.jpg
201KB, 640x360px
Who here fell for the self taught software developer meme?

Any job interview is over once they ask about your education and you say you're self taught is basically over.
You need to prove that you can code even after years of experience.
You will always be paid less than your coworkers.
Your coworkers will always look down upon you.
>>
>>56588538
>You need to prove that
It's called test and portfolio. Objective, fair. Everything else is bullshit.
>>
I'm self-taught in the sense that I didn't go to school for it. I took a shitty job paying $10 an hour to "code" simply for the chance to look at some production code. I sat on that job for about 6 months before understood enough to jump.
>>
>>56588650
Yeah if your self taught then you need a portfolio, but if are self taught you are also already likely to have a portfolio otherwise wtf have you been wasting your time doing
>>
>>56588538
So are you

a: A butthurt CS Freshman

b: Looking for validation one way or another on your impending choice of whether to self study
>>
>>56588538
look at jobs in the Bay Area. Recently graduated, making 6 figures. The CEO of the company jokingly asked if I ended up graduating, then added, "Not that we care". The software scene here isn't perfect, but it's the closest thing to a meritocracy that exists in this world.
>>
>>56589937
I will add, it's still hard to get your foot in the door with a phone screen before they'll even look at you (even with a stellar resume) but if you know someone at a company out there, they can probably hook you up with a technical phone screen.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.