[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are so many syntaxes retardedly difficult? Like for Hello

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Why are so many syntaxes retardedly difficult? Like for Hello Worlds in C++
 #include <iostream>

int main()
{
std::cout << "Hello, World.";
}

or Java
 public class Hello {
public static void main(String []args) {
System.out.println("Hello World");
}
}

Why is shit so complex? Why can't it just be
 print "hi world" 
and just be it?
>>
>>56587010
lol

that isn't a problem with "syntax"

you have to explicitly declare libraries and execution (in c/c++ it's "main")

if you want a babby language that does that shit for you just use python
>>
Why is it so hard to drive a car 1 block? I have to open the door, get inside, put on my seat belt, turn the car on, and make adjustments to the nobs based on weather. Then when I get to the destination I have find parking, park, turn it off and remember to lock it.

Why can't it just be like walking? Just walk one block and I'm done. Takes way less time.
>>
>>56587010

I like your image OP
>>
>>56587010
Python, OP.
>>
>>56587010
Just use using namespace std;
>>
>>56587010
because low level languages offer you more flexibility and power, which means more control.

obviously, more control means things will be more complex.
>>
>>56587501
How 'low level' is Java?

I feel like you are much more limited than with c++
>>
>>56587531
Java is perfect. Leave my java alone, cunt.
>>
because u use the right tool for the right job. jesus how many time will i have to write it here. thought /g/ wasnt filled with retarded beginner programmers
>>
>>56587767
>thought /g/ wasnt filled with retarded beginner programmers

what made you think that a site frequented by children that anyone can post in wouldn't be? lurking culture has bean dead for a while
>>
>>56587767
At least I"m not some old out of date fossil.

>>56587857
You can join the other guy and retire already.
>>
>>56587010
if that's retardedly difficult to you, maybe you should stay with just writing things in plain text

hello world

save as a .txt file
>>
>>56587142

This thread has no need to continue past this post.
>>
>>56588626
And yet here you are, extending it---good job my friend. Many moons on your blessings and may the prophet spit in your bum before rape.
>>
>>56587010
Because the language syntax isnt optimized for making hello world programs
>>
Because the grammar needs to be unambiguous but flexible. Your proposal would work in a language where functions/procedures can't have variable number of args or be overloaded.
If you give the functions delimiters surrounding the args of a function, you end up with algol-style syntax (like C and java). If you have delimiters around both the name of the function and its args then you have lisp syntax.
Both of these are good.
To not use delimiters, even in a language that doesn't do varargs or overloading, makes nested function calls very confusing to read.

I don't have a justification for cout as I've not yet studied the design choices that C++ made.
>>
>>56587010
Read this:
>>56588933
And this:
>>56587372
/thead
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.