[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologize to GNU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 535px-Heckert_GNU_white.svg.png (63KB, 535x523px) Image search: [Google]
535px-Heckert_GNU_white.svg.png
63KB, 535x523px
Explain what's wrong with GNU
>>
It runs games like shit
>>
ottd runs better on gnu/linux than on windows/nt
>>
>>56586209
Nothing

GNU/Linux master race
>>
>>56586209
Does not strictly adhere to standards, thus encouraging programmers to write against GNU's flaws, rather than do things by ISO/ANSI standards. Roundabout methodology for several utilities. The group behind it prefers to break from others who do not share their very limited vision completely, rather than work with them and try to bring them to a state of ""compliance"" with their arbitrary goals and guidelines.
>>
>>56586209
musl is less sloppy
>>
>>56586243
>>>/v/ perfect place for you manchild.
>>
>>56586209
Nothing wrong with GNU, it's creator on the other hand...
>>
File: Q3cHpp1.png (543KB, 637x423px) Image search: [Google]
Q3cHpp1.png
543KB, 637x423px
>>56586209
I like HURD.
>>
Gnu usually have a bunch of ticks.
>>
There's nothing wrong with the GPL. Sure, in an ideal world we wouldn't need it because there would be no concept of copyright, but we don't live in that world. Given the world we do live in, the GPL is a good way to use the world's flaws for good rather than evil.

My beef is with Stallman and the FSF, who have made a decades-long habit of turning the perfect into the enemy of the good with their rigid purity. One recent example is how Stallman balked at adding integration for LLVM/Clang into Emacs, apparently because he disliked a BSD-licensed competitor to GCC. See also the many flame wars fought over things that allow free software and non-free software to interoperate. These aren't threats to free software, like Stallman seems to believe, but a benefit to users that leaves them, though not totally free, better off than they were.

Also this: >>56586616
>>
>>56589131
Don't forget that they purposefully sabotaged GCC for similar reasons. Now they can't unfuck it.
>>
>>56586209

Nothing. What's wrong with GNU?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.