[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dell XPS 13/15 and competition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 20151225_1946071.jpg (852KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20151225_1946071.jpg
852KB, 1440x2560px
Hello /g/,

I am in the market for a new laptop. Through my research I have concluded that dell XPS 13/15 are good laptops within the $1k-1.5k price range. Although I am aware they are prone to issues.

The XPS 13 is portable, good battery life, good display etc. However, you cant upgrade ram, only the drive.

The XPS 15 is just as good as the XPS but comes with a dedicated GPU, upgradeable RAM and I can get it in FHD rather than super glossy 4k touch-screen.

Is it worth going $500 beyond my budget for the XPS 15?

Any other recommendations?
>>
>>56574684
Will you use your laptop for anything that will benefit from a dedicated GPU?
>>
>>56574726
Occasional gaming is about it. I'm not huge on video games but I figured it'd be nice to have a laptop that benefited my occasional gaming. (Like 2-3 sessions a month). I may also need to do CAD programs in the future. (2 years from now)
>>
>>56574750
In 2 years you'll be able to get a much better laptop with a much better GPU.

But if you do want occasional gaming you'll really struggle with any laptop gpu to drive the native resolution of your xps. If you're fine with that, get the model with the gpu.
>>
What are you going to do that would need more than 16gb ram?
>>
>>56574807
I plan on dropping to 1080 for gaming. Would the integrated gpu on the 13 be enough for casual gaming? Counter Strike source, League of Legends, Dark Souls 3.

>>56574909
Id be getting the 8gb XPS 13 which can't be upgraded to even 16 after purchase.
>>
>>56574942
Not sure about ds3, but it'll be enough for css, csgo, and lol.
>>
Go on eBay, if you wait you can amazing deals on refurbs.

Got a fully loaded top of the line with warranty for 1550
>>
>>56574684
VAIO Z.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.