[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy a HD Smart TV or a Full HD TV with a chromecast 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
Should I buy a HD Smart TV or a Full HD TV with a chromecast 2?
>>
>>56570036
HDTV with a Chromecast 2 for sure. My Chromecast is the most useful thing I own. If I don't feel like actively using it, I can just project my calendar to it and it becomes a fancy ass wall calendar.
>>
>>56570036
dumb TV, and a chromecast, as at least then it's less faff to upgrade to a chromecast 3 or android TV box.
>>
File: image.jpg (917KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
917KB, 4032x3024px
Terrible picture but it's a great set up at the foot of my bed. Let's me watch shit until I fall asleep or see my calendar from my desk.
>>
>>56570396
How do you stream your calendar?
>>
>>56570036
Dumb tv and cc2

For me I was

55 smart = 900
55 dumb = 700

saving me 170

easy days.
>>
Can you use a chromecast with Firefox?
checkmate
>>
>>56570036
smart tv's are a gimmick and most of the time the manufacturers software is slow, gimmicky and never updated after release. you're better off with a roku or at least a chromecast paired with a capable laptop or tablet
>>
>>56570511
b-but anon, you can...
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/use-firefox-android-send-videos-chromecast
>>
>>56570419
Whenever I have my computer up, I have Chrome in the background with the calendar streaming in full screen. Keeps the calendar filled out to the end of the TV and keeps it up to date. I'm using Sunrise's web app.

I'm glad they didn't kill off the web app and only killed the apps.
>>
>>56570572
Seconded. I've never used a SmartTV that does exactly what you want it to do. They've always hiccuped somewhere for me, whether it's by being slow or low app support or something.
>>
>>56570396
Can't recommend the full motion mounted TV at the foot of my bed with a Chromecast enough. Especially since I can control shit with my phone and if I get tired, the HDMI-CEC shit lets me turn it off and fall asleep.
>>
I got a smart tv and i have a chromecast 2. the smart tv was a pretty good price for a great size and 4k resolution.

here's the benefits of having both:

>tv somehow detects when i start casting, and automatically switches to the chromecast input
>you can still cast to the tv's native youtube/netflix apps instead of the chromecast allowing you to use the remote for pausing and stuff
>you can start netflix with your remote if you're feeling too lazy to use your phone
>tv will also automatically switch to your game console/dvd/bluray player when you start them

minor differences but it still adds a slight bit of convenience. i say go for the smart tv if it's within price range and has everything else you want.
>>
>>56570898
thats not the smart tv for most of those thats just HDMI-CEC
>>
>>56570036
Dumb TV and Chromecast.
>>
>>56570958
oh. it's been a while since i've bought a tv so i assumed it was because it's smart.

so the use of remote for pausing/fast forward is really the only benefit
>>
Biggest problem is you cannot buy a 4k tv that isn't smart, its one of the things that turns me off 4k.
>>
>>56571017
Firewall it at your Router or just never connect it and let your input devices do the heavy lifting.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.