[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games on Linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: XD.png (159KB, 502x198px) Image search: [Google]
XD.png
159KB, 502x198px
Hi, so I really like Linux, I am currently dual booting it with Win10 (games + Visual Studio). And yes, games. I really like to play video games, especially League of Legends for now (inb4 go stick the mop up your arse stupid "computer is for serious activities" fags), and I want to run it on my Linux. But nuffin works. I tried wine + PlayOnLinux, it installs (with many wine errors), but it cannot launch.

Have you found a way to install LoL on Linux, and if so, will you share how to do it?
>>
You could just google why you are getting wine errors.

They way you type makes me feel you are 15, possibly with excess estrogen levels.
>>
>>56569497
google league of legends "linux" or something like that, i'm sure others have got it working before you.
>>
>>56569497
What is dota?
>>
The problem isn't that you game, it's that you think LoL is good.
>>
>>56569524
actually I'm 20 and answering every question by "google it" (which I already did for 2 hours) is really annoying and, I have to disappoint you, it does not prove your non-existing superiority
>>
>>56569583
I am not here to argue, bruh
>>56569568
I tried, many threads on league forums, on some game forums, on reddit, and as I said, nothing helps
>>
>>56569588

>which I already did for 2 hours

Wow you searched the whole Internet for your problem in just two hours before coming to the conclusion that not a single one in billions of people has solved it before? Last time I had a problem I researched a bit over 160 hours looking for a solution, and even then I didn't want to ask for help because I still had like 60% of material to review; you must be a huge faggot if you think that Googling 2 hours is enough. Just keep being a Wincuck, you don't have what it takes.
>>
>>56569497
Try reading through WineHQ, or try asking on the PlayOnLinux forums, you turboautist.
>>
>>56569497
Play Dota 2 since it has native support for Linux you fucking pleb
>>
>ASSFAGGOTS
End yourself.
>>
>>56569497
Linux is not a gaming OS.

99% humans use windows, if u were to develop a game i'm sure u would optimize it for windows. wouldn't waste a cent on making it work on Lincuck.
>>
>>56569497
Just dual boot. This is the easiest and best way. Or just use VirtualBox with GPU passthrough. Google how to do that. Never tried it myself, but apparently getting it to work is hell.
>>
>>56569497
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXdb9h-wrJw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AmTkrZxDdA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRvwgib0GzE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbSz4wtCYWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhQ9t6Ql3Gw
God damn it, OP
>>
File: 1471836465554.jpg (3MB, 3500x2300px) Image search: [Google]
1471836465554.jpg
3MB, 3500x2300px
>>56569497
You use PCI passthrough. No one dual boots anymore unless they have a non vt-d CPU.
>>
>>56569588
>2 Hours
Jesus dude, that's some real solid effort.
If I had that level of attention span who knows what I could achieve.
You guys better help him, he's really put in the hard yards.
>>
>>56569588
>>56572767
Just get a virtual machine
>>
just click your mouse around the desktop thousands of time
>>
>>56572466
This is some bullshit. Can I actually do this with a laptop, or do I need to plug in a monitor into the HDMI output?
>>
>>56572466
can I somehow point linux to my win7 dualboot or do I need to make a separate install? either way that seems nice
>>
>>56569497
Install gentoo
>>
>>56572858
You can do it with a laptop, however that will most likely require a separate display and is probably considerably harder to perform. It is possible however, I have heard about setups that have worked.

>>56572873
Yes, you can make it point to an existing install directly on the HDD, or copy the entire install onto a image for example. It is recommended that you do a clean install due to all the drivers you probably already have installed on an existing Windows install, however it can run an existing Windows install from the HDD if you want it to.
>>
>>56569582
play Dota and league back to back and tell me there isn't a difference senpai. Dota is much slower game with controls that can sometimes feel clunky due to turn time. turn time is a big reason why a lot of people play league over Dota. turn time is a great tool for balancing but almost makes the game feel laggy at times. League is a much faster game with each match ranging from the 20 - 40 mins that doesn't have turn time which makes the game feel snappy and responsive. The lack of turn time is league does however put a little too much power in ranged carrys. Dota has better balance and hero design but the turn time is a mechanic that is really hard to get accustomed to.
>>
Install LoL using PlayOnLinux and then reinstall Adobe Air in it's Wine prefix. If it fails to download Air, you might need to add a certain dll override in Wine settings.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.