[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you raise your keyboard's feet or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: keyboardup.jpg (33KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
keyboardup.jpg
33KB, 800x600px
Do you raise your keyboard's feet or not?
>>
keyboard feet are disgusting
>>
>>56566632
No. That way lies wrist pain, slow typing, and discomfort. Just put it down flat if you are a human being with human wrists. Also, get a wrist rest.
>>
Nope. They're usually made of painted/dyed crackers and fracture upon touch.
>>
The feet should be at the front. Your fingers naturally slope downwards when you hold your hands in front of you. MS Natural Keyboard 4000 gets this right.

Feet at the back is retarded skeuomorphism (copying a technical limitation from mechanical typewriters).
>>
No, it's a lot better with no feet.
>>
>things only 50+ year old people do
>>
>>56566632
My laptop does it for me
>>
>>56566632

Only the left one.
>>
>>56567018
For what purpose?
>>
HE QUIC BROWN OX UMP OVER HE Z OG
>>
>>56566632
Nah, I have a model M
>>
>>56567033

The right corner rests on top of the monitor base, so I raise the left one to level it.
>>
No (Ducky Shine 3 Slim already has slightly elevated THICC rubber feet)
>>
>>56566632
Yes but thye break very easily
>>
>>56566632
I never do so under any circumstances, and you shouldn't either, unless you like carpal tunnel syndrome. In fact, I wish keyboards had feet in front instead of in back.

>>56566673
Wrist rests are equally as bad as the feet.
>>
>>56567047
>ZOG

OY VEY
>>
>>56568172
>Wrist rests are equally as bad as the feet.
You want to keep your wrists level and tension-free. It's the strain that causes RSI, nothing more. The more relaxed your wrist is, the less harm you're doing.

By resting your wrist on a wristrest so it's level with your keyboard, instead of having to hold it there by tensioning your muscles, you're doing yourself a great favor.
>>
>>56566632
no, because I broke one feet mistakengly
>>
>>56566632
Of course. It's uncomfortable to type without it raised, and I don't want get a RSI. How do you people type with your wrists so strained?
>>
>>56568544
Answer's simple: They simply don't type much.
>>
They're made for people who can't touch type yet and need to see the keys.
You might make a different use of it though, personally I prefer them down on my already slightly slant keyboard.
>>
>>56568544
Flexing your wrist (bending it "down") is far less stressful, effortful, unnatural, and damaging than extending it (bending it "up.") This is why the feet are bad.
>>
>>56566707
>The feet should be at the front.

I sense truth in this post.
>>
File: 1473621178114.gif (1MB, 406x449px)
1473621178114.gif
1MB, 406x449px
>>56566632
>tfw you just realized your keyboard has feet
>tfw within 30 seconds you put them down
disgusting
>>
>>56566632
No, Apple charges $50 more for keyboards with feet.
>>
Yes, but the feet on my Leopold are pretty short so it's not a big difference.
>>
>>56568432
Putting pressure on your carpal tunnel increases the chances of inflammation. Rest your palms, not your wrists.
>>
>>56571739
My palms are literally the only thing touching the wrist wrest. I don't have freakish superhuman hands
>>
I used not to bother when i was into cheap membrane keyboard because the feet would just break after a day anyway.
Nowdays i use it on my mech because the feet feels solid.
>>
I had them up for the longest time but recently put them down and I like it better that way.
>>
>>56566632
>why is this post highlighted?
>oh right, my fetish.
>>
>>56566632
No. Keyboard feet are not for ergonomics, they are to see the keyboard better. And because I'm a virgin, I touch type, and you should, too.
>>
File: Dogpad.jpg (94KB, 640x640px)
Dogpad.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
I like feet.
>>
broke one, and not i can't find the broken part to super glue it.

so i am feetless now.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.