[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me we should get rid of these.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: OTknO.png (46KB, 525x291px) Image search: [Google]
OTknO.png
46KB, 525x291px
Convince me we should get rid of these.
>>
I don't really feel like convincing you.
>>
>>56562153
Well aren't you a lazy little bastard.
>>
>>56562183
Says the one begging to be spoonfed.
>>
>>56562089
If we do, headphone companies will have to sell headphones with the proprietary connectors that replaced the audio jack instead. This means license fees to the phone companies, money that they will probably exclusively invest in R&D to make better phones for the consumers. Everybody wins :^)
>>
>>56562421
Oh boy I can't wait to pay even more royalties.
>>
>>56562421
>money that they will probably exclusively invest in R&D to make better phones for the consumers
>genuine shills will be paid to say this shit
Oh god, consumer interests are just gonna come tumbling down tumbling down tumbling dooowwn

FCC/FTC intervention when?
>>
Seriusly tho, give me a single good reason.

If you are gonna put a single USB-C/Lightning connector on your phone, you might as well put a fucking 3.5mm connector next to it, the extra 0.01 inch of thinness is definitely not worth taking it out.
>>
>>56562737
But anon, it's not just about muh thin
it's about muh taptic
>>
>>56562089
What's the difference? Are you just referring to the flimsier/uglier cable design on the right, or is it actually a different connector? (Both look like 3.5mm TRS to me)
>>
You're an adult. Convince yourself you cuck. Stop looking for validation from others you bandwagon hopper.

Stop making these fucking threads already holy shit with the fucking headphone jack bullshit. Why didn't you cucks make one about Motorola? Oh yeah, because it's not popular enough... Well, you know how I'll convince you to get rid of them? Because everyone will follow Apple's decision and remove their headphone jacks too. Enjoy. Next will be the microSD slot... which it almost already is.

Anyone not doing this will just be hipsters trying to sell their shitty product on the fact that it still has those features. For example the S8, probably.
>>
>>56562865
I might be incorrect but I think they'te the same.
>>
>bbp with stress relief vs tiny white ''plug''
>>
>>56562089
Phones have really shitty DACs, amplifiers and that kind of shit. By using a digital connection you can transmit the audio stream intact and convert it to analog using a much higher quality hardware and without having to worry about interference from other sources.

>>56562737
How about two USB-c connectiors? One for charging and other for headphones.
>>
>>56564044
>>>56562089 (OP)
>Phones have really shitty DACs, amplifiers and that kind of shit.

Nice garbage you're leaking from your niggerdicksucking hole there
>>
>>56564044
why does moving the dac into the headphone improve its quality?
>>
Someone post that image with the white apple adapter and the multiple black 3.5mm male audio adapters.
>>
>>56562885
>"microsd will be next"
>samsung tried to remove it last year with massive backlash

also

>blatant apple shill
>calls others cucks

l o l
>>
>>56562089
Left: will werk for years
Right: appleshit clone, will break after a few days
>>
>>56564044
What the fuck. Now we can buy Apple DAC to plug into our phones to listen to music with "better quality" ?. Jesus fuck how retarded is this shit. 99% of iphone users do not listen to any flac or wav. And wouldnt know the difference when presented with it because they have retarded headphones. This shit is NOT a marketing thing to appeal to audio "nerds" it's just a big scam m8. Also, pretty sure you could already do this perfectly fine and still have the jack port
>>
>>56562089
It's universal and flexible

Why would you want to get rid of it?
>>
>>56564234
Because you can choose whether you want the cheapest chinkshit or something decent. With internal DACs you're stuck with whatever the manufacturer thinks is good enough for you.
>>
>>56564468
But you could already use a different DAC with existing phones.
Removing 3.5 doesn't help in this regard.
>>
>>56564044
Now every pair of headphones will have to include the DAC which not only not economical but also a terrible idea if you look at it ecological.
Not to mention that shoving a high quality DAC into every earpod makes them bigger or they just use a shitty tiny DAC to be able to still make small in-ear headphones.
>>
>>56564509
Removing the Headphone jack, phone manufacturers can now use the newly freed space to install a high quality DAC ... wait
>>
>>56562089
Because digital audio > analog audio, as it allows for DRM.
>>
>>56562089
Apple could have just used a 2.5mm to save weight and space but getting rid of it entirely will allow them to make it even thinner.

The biggest mistake they made was that hideous camera.
>>
>>56564389
To charge goys more money for shit they take for granted of course
>>
File: Lightning-cable-frayed.jpg (26KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning-cable-frayed.jpg
26KB, 800x450px
>>56562865
The ugly one prevents the insulation from failing.
>>
>>56565157
I think you have it backwards. The one on the left is more robust, the ugly one on the right is the cheap shitty brittle one
>>
>>56565210
I posted an example of how the one on the right is going to break.

My point being apple sacrificed strength because of muh aesthetics.
>>
>>56565243
No they didn't. Aesthetics are no justification because the one on the right looks dogshit compared to the one on the left.

The only reason they sacrificed it was to sell more USB cables.
>>
Just put two usb-c ports right next to eachother that can be used for anything. Problem solved.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.