[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does your ISP support IPV6?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Does your ISP support IPV6?
>>
>>56560416
Does your mom support my cock
>>
>>56560424

rude
>>
>>56560416
Rogers supports IPv6.

But, if you turn off the router function of the modem they give you and use it just as a modem, you don't get IPv6.
>>
They updated the firmware in their router recently but it is not rolling out for another year.
>>
Will I have a static IP when we all convert to v6? That will suck.
>>
Yup, it gives me that fuzzy feeling when I know all my devices can be easily tracked.
>>
>>56561623

No. IPV6 has DHCP

>>56561690

We no longer use EUI-64
>>
Yes. Cox HSI FINALLY got their ass around to it earlier this year. It's tricky to set up right because shit firmwares don't support the right setting and some just randomly lose the ipv6 connection.
>>
>>56561623
>>56561709

Pretty sure static IP will become the norm, and you'll have the option to pay for dynamic.
>>
>>56560416
IPV6 is a fucking botnet
>>
>>56561828

I know one ISP here, Teksavvy just gives your router's outward facing interface a random /64
>>
I had to disable IPv6 completely on my network because smartphones would try to use it and time out on requests all the time, making them act like they were on a 10kbit/s connection.
Probably because comcast can't into ipv6 even though I did get a ipv6 address from the modem
>>
>>56561842
What isn't these days?
>>
>>56560416
No, how would I best demand my ISP to support this?
>>
>>56562044
Seems like they messed up the routing. Perhaps a simple traceroute is able to show you the bad boy.

The ISP I'm using has a Dualstack-setup where I got a native IPv6-address and IPv4 NATed. This works fine for both and because I don't need a whole IPv4-address for my home I'm quite okay with this. My parents ISP has IPv4 only and I installed a free Hurricane Electrics-tunnel on their router for a /64-IPv6-subnet. This works quite well and is faster for almost every destination which supports both protocol versions than the "native" v4-uplink. I'm also co-administrating a small meshnet where we're using IPv6 for like everything and just shipping v4 because most legacy websites don't support the current version of the Internet Protocol.
tl;dr: IPv6 just works fine if you're taking a day to look at the differences between the versions.

Oh.. for the "muh privacy"-guys out there: if you haven't configured your system wrong (read: changed the default) the "privacy extension" is enabled by default which gives you a random address (mostly last 64bits) and your address rotates after some time.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.