[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We make a semi-serious effort to pretend to be on Hacker News

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1454041054089.png (1KB, 257x257px) Image search: [Google]
1454041054089.png
1KB, 257x257px
Please keep the Reddit-bashing and general shitposting to a minimum, though I know this is gonna get ignored anyway.
>>
Well yeah I see how the title could make you think that way, but in the article the author shows a different point of view.
>>
FadTransient is the future of web development.
>>
>$bland_and_agreeable_opinion [1]

[1] I'm a faggot*

* I only browse hacker news at work so people don't find out I'm a /g/tard
>>
BitcoinKnockOff #45634986534 is the real deal!
>>
So I bought a memepad...

Is the 1080 better than the 950

AMD IS PAJHEETMD

M*CROSHAFT BTFO
>>
>>56556472
that's /v/
>>
Hipstr.io (YC W17) wins Disrupt Seattle 2018 (techcrunch.com)

How Takt's engineering culture made building Haskell apps easier (chadaustin.me)

Cleveland no longer rocks: engineers are sleeping in vans to avoid skyrocketing rents associated with Northeast Ohio's booming tech economy...and freezing to death (cleveland.com)

Vancouver is unaffordable because Chinese investors and their tech companies have low salaries and unpaid internships, also the city don't have Uber so they suck (medium.com)

settl.io (YC S17) is hiring rockstar Hacklang engineers to change the world (settl.lever.co)

Peter Thiel is the Bay Area's only Trump supporter. And that has the Valley terrified (qz.com)
>>
I have a stick up my ass and I'm a lot smarter than everyone else.
>>
>>56556520
Using real articles is cheating.
>>
HN is filled with microsoft shills that constantly bash linux.
>>
>>56556567
That was the whole point I wanted for this thread (to make pretend/satirical YC article headlines and comments in a semi-serious wya), but I see it's devolved into shitposting like I feared/expected.
>>
>>56556736
>That was the whole point I wanted for this thread (to make pretend/satirical YC article headlines and comments in a semi-serious wya), but I see it's devolved into shitposting like I feared/expected.
m8 your the one shitposting
>>
This article is from 2012. Could you update the title with a (2012)?
>>
There is no need for you to have a tripcode.
>>
>>56556828
>tripcode
go back to 4chan
>>
>>56556368
> How to improve the sexual experience on the rear part of the body? (apple.com)

In my experience, putting it in without the lubricant and protection is worse for both participating parties. Not only will it increase the health risks and body damages, it will also damper the enjoyment.[1] Therefore, I bought one of their products to see if it will raise my enjoyment on my rear part. Not only did it that, it also made me viewing buttfucking in a totally different light. Not only do I enjoy it, my gay boyfriend also confirmed this experience. I would recommend everyone to at least use it once: https://www.apple.com/iphone-7/

[1] www.reddit.com/r/the_donald
>>
File: 1435194745803.jpg (42KB, 669x746px) Image search: [Google]
1435194745803.jpg
42KB, 669x746px
>>56556849
>>
>>56556873
ITT people that have never browsed hn?
>>
Introducing TaxJS, simple tax preparation in the cloud at scale (taxjs.io)

H&R Block didn't like a free website competing with its tax filing business. So it lobbied Congress to ban the I.R.S. from working with it. (washingtonpost.com)
>>
>>56556931
This article was linked before a few hours ago.
>>
Neat thread! Reminds me of this new website I made as a personal project called HakrNews [1] (YC 16). Please give it a whirl (promise I'm not begging for attention here!).

[1] hakr.io
>>
>>56556901
No, I browse it. I mostly just read the article and occasionally read the comments.
>>
starfighter.io will make you a better programmer.
>>
>>56556931
The title of this post has been renamed to "H&R block lobbying Congress to ban competitors" as per request. Please refrain from using long titles in the future.
>>
>>56556520

THE SHOCKING REASON IM POSTING THIS CLICKBAIT SHIT (medium.com)
>>
>>56557039
>dang

Beautiful!
>>
I know I'll get down voted for this, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a good laugh. This is why I come here; the comments and always great.
>>
It's great to see Hacker News getting some attention! There's really a strong effort there to make the discussions respectful and constructive [0]. It also has a good variety of links, not just programming related but really anything that could be of interest to hackers.

Disclaimer: I work for YCombinator.

[0] https://news.ycombinator.com/newsguidelines.html
>>
File: 1473633264432.jpg (22KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1473633264432.jpg
22KB, 184x184px
On HN, anything anti-Google is immediately flagged and removed or it's dropped from the front page. Anything anti-Apple stays there for days.

Conspiracy? You be the judge.
>>
>>56559998
There are a bunch of Google-drones with 1000+ karmas trolling HN at all hours of the day.

They will kill any negative stories about Google on HN.
>>
>>56559998
As a non-biased sourced, I disagree with your comment.

Edit: Full Disclosure: I work for Google
>>
>>56559998
I work there and I think it's funny to see anti-google type stuff. It makes nice discussion.
>>
Why I quit my job, shot my dog, and left my wife and her son for JavaScript. (2016)

Show HN: vncr.io - The easiest way to get your insecure legacy systems in the cloud
>>
>>56556368

>What will AI look like in 100 years?

FankT: Bascially it's all about AI. But somehow not. Ah, I don't know, it's complicated.

GeorgeL: Shut up, Frank, you faggot. --George

JohnS: Wow, George, that was rude. Also you don't have to give your name, it's displayed under your comment.

GeorgeL: Yeah, sorry John. I got a little overboard here.

SteveO: I really really like AI..

MilliC : You can save it, it's all yours!

FankT: Not funny, Milli..

MilliC : Faggot.

JohnD: My company (www.john.com) has about 700 employees. Last time we tried AI it was a total mess. I'm not saying it'S bad, but it is bad.

JakeD: Wow, thanks, John. Guess I'm gonna drop AI

WilliamD: Hey John, I'M not convinced. Have you tried the perceptron? It looks pretty good..

JohnD: Let me tell you that our 700 people company has tried everything. Percetrons just dont scalle to our needs.

WilliamD: OK, thanks for you well formulated opinion. You are totally right.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.