[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

macOS thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 25

Get in here macbros
>>
>>56553429
picture in picture is comfy. Siri is better than she's ever been, has literally not misheard me once, new storage management options are actually useful. No real complaints here, liking it quite a bit.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (97KB, 698x466px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
97KB, 698x466px
>>56553429
tfw sierra is working perfectly on my hackintosh
>>
File: di-franco-david-large.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
di-franco-david-large.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
oh hello dave
>>
>>56553481
What do you use Siri for? Is it possible to tell her things like "read the marked text"? I think that would be neat
>>
>>56553912
When I want a picture of something I just say "google a picture of X" and then she'll display a bunch of pics you can just drag to the desktop. Probably takes the same amount of time googling an image takes but it's pretty convenient and works well. It's also really good at finding/opening files.
>>
>>56553912
>read the marked text
You mean like read a bunch of highlighted text in a textbook? I just tried it and she doesn't but that has been a feature of Preview for some time and works well.
>>
>>56553481
hey homie can you give a quick tutorial on how the picture in picture works? ty homie
>>
>>56554213
I'm not sure on which programs it works right now besides Safari, but to use it on youtube in Safari right click the video, then right click again (janky at the moment I know, but youtube has to fix this) and select picture in picture. That's it.
>>
File: screenFetch-2016-09-11_17-29-41.png (652KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
screenFetch-2016-09-11_17-29-41.png
652KB, 1280x800px
>>56553429
>tfw sierra is comfy as fuck
>>
>>56553912
Siri is fucking useless, but I like getting drunk and say dirty things to see how she'll respond
>>
>>56554855
Oh and as far as I know she doesn't ask to lock your desktop to your apple ID and for a colonoscopy to make sure you're not hiding any drugs every time you talk to her like Cortana does on windows. That's always a big plus. Definitely beats Cortana hands down.
>>
What version of Safari does it ship with? Does it support WebM?
>>
>>56555374
No. Still need vlc plugin
>>
>tfw upgraded GPUs and can't use OS X anymore

Fucking hell Polaris or Pascal support when?
>>
>>56555374
I'm pretty sure it does, it's version 10.0 on mine
>>
File: .png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
I'm just here relaxing with Mavericks on a hackintosh...
>>
>>56555393
Are you using safari as your main browser? Is there any way to disable history logging? I love the look and feel of safari but it has so little settings and the plugins are a pain in the ass to navigate.

>>56555404
The next generation of macbook is supposed to come with polaris architecture so soon enough I guess
>>
>>56553429
How do you do fellow macfags.
>>
>>56555433
Yeah, 470/460 support is there but 480 support still seems fucked. Of course the card that I have.
>>
>>56555433
Yes. Not sure if you can disable logging, you can set it to clear history every day at least. There may be an extension that does that though.
>>
>>56555415
Could you share the link how you installed hackintosh?
>>
>>56555444
>windows default wallpaper
>always change them first day

>mac OS wallpaper
>realize it's been three months and you never considered changing it
>>
>>56555393
VLC plugin hasn't worked for me in 9.1.x for a while now. Does it work for you in 10.x?
>>
>>56555491
Yeah it worked fine for me in El Cap and it's working fine now
>>
>>56555433
>Is there any way to disable history logging?

Set history items to be removed daily in Preferences, or run permanently in Private Mode.
>>
>>56553429
Comfy as fuck on Mavericks

Who else?
>>
>>56555472
клeвep цвeтa хaки - official manual+guide by clover developers
https://applelife.ru/threads/clover.42089/
>>
>>56555418
Have fun with Windows rot and shit tier os design, kiddie
>>
>>56555487
yeah, i "steal" macOS wallpaper because it's some of the best available
>>
>>56555418
probably from the hundreds of posts about the apple keynote where /g/ was mocking the earbuds and whatnot. if it's fair game to make fun of it, it's clearly fair game to discuss it in earnest.

if you think this shit doesn't belong on /g/, report the OP and move on. and stop talking about apple, you fucking obsessed maniac.
>>
>tfw comfy Finder, Mail, Maps, etc tabbed windows
>>
>>56555418
The last keynote thread got stickied.
>>
reminder to save your bash configs before switching it will wipe them
>>
>>56555433
I was pretty disappointed they didn't mention new laptops nor any computers in the keynote. Tbf I couldn't care less for their mobile stuff.
>>
>>56555715
Tim Cook hinted a massive upgrade a few days ago
>>
>>56555708
Do you really not get enough attention that you have to be edgy on a WSB
>>
>>56555715
> Apple CEO Tim Cook has responded to a MacRumors reader's email about the lack of a long-awaited MacBook Pro refresh, stressing that he "loves the Mac" and that Apple is "very committed" to it. He told the customer, who wishes to remain anonymous, to "stay tuned," suggesting that updates to the Mac lineup are on the horizon
>>
>>56555700
do yourself a favor and make a git repository with your dotfiles. .bashrc and all that shit. make a script that symlinks everything you need.

everything i need is in ~/code/dotfiles (.zshrc, sublime text settings, iterm preferences, etc...) with a script that deletes any existing files in those locations and then establishes a symlink in appropriate places. it's marginally more work, but you get the confidence of never losing your shit again.

just make sure to not commit stuff like your id_rsa key (even if your repo is private) if you include stuff like .ssh/config and whatnot.
>>
Brings me back when /g/ was Guro
>>
>>56555677
Finder had tab support for years tho. I like it but can't really see how it would affect software I use daily. Most programs already have their own implementation of tabs any way.
It would be nice to see SourceTree supporting it tho.
>>
>>56555772
yeah but it was normal and not the result of some autistic kid having a panic attack.
>>
>>56555749
That's a neat idea. Doing it right now. Thanks
>>
>>56555822
lemme see what i can offer that would help you avoid accidentally committing anything important, or any suggestions for useful things you might not think to include... one sec
>>
>>56555859
i have
.aliases
.bash_profile
.bash_prompt
.bashrc
.curlrc
.editorconfig
.exports
.functions
.git
.gitattributes
.gitconfig
.gitignore
.gitmodules
.gvimrc
.hgignore
.hushlogin
.inputrc
.irssi
.oh-my-zsh
.osx
.screenrc
.ssh
.tmux
.tmux.conf
.tmux.conf.local
.vim
.vimrc
.warprc
.wgetrc
.zsh-update
.zshrc
.zshrc-e
.zshrc.pre-oh-my-zsh
Alfred.alfredpreferences
Brewfile
Caskfile
LICENSE-MIT.txt
README.md
bin
bmon.conf
bootstrap.sh
brewcasks.txt
brewlist.txt
casklist.txt
com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
mpv
pbcopy
st3

if you use homebrew, you might want to do `brew [cask] list` and pipe it out to brewlist.txt and casklist.txt, then have a command in bootstrap.sh to say something like `brew install $(cat brewlist.txt)` or similar.

and my gitignore looks like:
# Compiled Python files
*.pyc
# ssh stuff
id_rsa*

# Folder view configuration files
.DS_Store
Desktop.ini

# Thumbnail cache files
._*
Thumbs.db

# Files that might appear on external disks
.Spotlight-V100
.Trashes

# identifying junk
st3/Packages/User/FileHistory*
FileHistory.json
FileHistory*.json
config

but some of that is redundant/junk
>>
File: design_smartdesign_hero20080108.png (619KB, 980x563px) Image search: [Google]
design_smartdesign_hero20080108.png
619KB, 980x563px
I have an old Mac Pro and I hear Sierra won't run on it...
>>
I'm still on Yosemite...Waiting for Sierra to come out. I don't wanna upgrade to El Capitan, then Sierra. Screw that noise. I'm just worried about program compatibility with Sierra.

Programs are:
MAMP
Sketch
Affinity Designer
>>
>>56555715
I know that feel bro. I have a Macbook Pro 15 inch, from last year. This is actually the first Mac computer I've ever owned, and I'm loving every single day with this machine. I have an android phone that's still under contract, so I could care less about iPhone 7. To be completely honest, the only mobile apple device that'd I'd like to get my hands on would be the iPad Pro with an apple pencil for drawing and note taking. That thing seems lit.
>>
>>56556608
No one cares Pajeet.
>>
>tfw Sierra installer failed twice and I had to roll back to El Capitan
Hopefully the release installer will work better.
>>
File: 1451386138386.jpg (180KB, 1000x615px) Image search: [Google]
1451386138386.jpg
180KB, 1000x615px
>>56556643
>memePad Pro
>>
>>56556647
is the os x market share very large in india or is this the joke? that you don't have a firm grasp on reality and all that
>>
>>56556608
I found this, but I didn't see MAMP, or Affinity Designer on any of the lists.
>>
>>56556718
Forgot to link the link.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-sierra-10-12-compatible-apps.1977335/
>>
>>56556737
>>56556718
After updating OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 on 01 Sept, I keep getting error messages about Flash player. I've tried downloading Flash but still nothing.Can anyone help please?

EtreCheck version: 3.0.3 (307)

Report generated 2016-09-07 20:28:03

Download EtreCheck from https://etrecheck.com

Runtime 5:11

Performance: Below Average

Click the [Support] links for help with non-Apple products.

Click the [Details] links for more information about that line.

Problem: Other problem

Description:

Ever since latest El Capitan 10.11.6 update on 01 September, I cannot play any games. I just get a message saying that I need Flash. I have downloaded Adobe Flash but still getting the message.

Hardware Information:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

[Technical Specifications] - [User Guide] - [Warranty & Service]

MacBook Pro - model: MacBookPro9,2

1 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 CPU: 2-core

4 GB RAM Upgradeable - [Instructions]

BANK 0/DIMM0

2 GB DDR3 1600 MHz ok

BANK 1/DIMM0

2 GB DDR3 1600 MHz ok

Bluetooth: Good - Handoff/Airdrop2 supported

Wireless: en1: 802.11 a/b/g/n

Battery: Health = Normal - Cycle count = 730

Video Information:

Intel HD Graphics 4000

Color LCD 1280 x 800

System Software:

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1004) - Time since boot: about one hour

Disk Information:

APPLE HDD HTS547550A9E384 disk0 : (500.11 GB) (Rotational)

EFI (disk0s1) <not mounted> : 210 MB

Recovery HD (disk0s3) <not mounted> [Recovery]: 650 MB

Macintosh HD (disk1) / : 498.88 GB (376.96 GB free)

Encrypted AES-XTS Unlocked

Core Storage: disk0s2 499.25 GB Online

HL-DT-ST DVDRW GS31N ()

USB Information:

Apple Inc. Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad

Apple Computer, Inc. IR Receiver

Apple Inc. BRCM20702 Hub
>>
>>56556679

The only things used in India are Windows XP and old shitty Android versions like Kit Kat.
>>
File: hue.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>56553481
>having Apple monitor your computer's microphone 24/7
>>
>>56556763
that was my impression on mobile operating systems, which makes the joke about pajeets shilling for apple that much more pathetic. like calling equestrianism enthusiasts niggers
>>
>>56556763
"your system has run out of application memory"

I spent 5 hours running an ocr app and got hit by this only 35 minutes from completion. I have 8 gb built-in.

Is there anything I can do to free enough application memory?

I can't find any instructions on how to reset nvram without using two hands, or use safe mode without breaking my accessibility tools [mouse drivers, scrolling tools, etc.], either.

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)
>>
>>56556753
hello complete clueless douchbag

this isn't your fucking tech support forum
>>
>>56556781
>>56556790
Since I've upgraded to the 10.11.6 version of El Capitan with my Late-2011 MB pro, both my external drivers suddenly stopped working completely. The USB cable one just says "Read only", which is fine. However, the Firewire cable one doesn't mount at all and doesn't even show in Disk utility (actually that app doesn't even open at all anymore...)

It does show in the Terminal though..

The annoying thing is that my Time Machine saved things are in my Firewire drive, so I can't access them.

also tried to plug it into another computer and it didn't show at all, so it's not just my macbook...

getting really desperate here, if anyone can help me..
>>
>>56556806
>actually that app doesn't even open at all anymore...
Sounds like you broke your shit. Boot into recovery and restore a Time Machine backup from before you started having those issues
>>
>>56556837
So my "Show Scroll Bars" settings in System Preferences - General is always set to "Always" and my scroll bars always show on all my apps. Now whenever I go and change it to either "When scrolling" or "Automatically based on mouse or trackpad" the scroll bars don't disappear. Also, whenever I relaunch System Preferences and click on General, the "Show scroll bars" setting always goes back to "Always" no matter how many times I change it.

I've tried searching for a solution for a long long time and it seems like no one else out there has this problem. Posting about it here is my last hope before I'm actually forced to take my MacBook Pro to an Apple Store. Its a 2015 A1502 MacBook Pro Retina.
>>
>>56556859
I didn't offer to debug all the individual problems you're having after your broken upgrade.

Roll back to before you had the problems. That's the point of backups.
>>
>>56557085
I've filed an official bug report with Apple in mid-April and they requested a sysdiagnose dump, but since then I haven't heard a peep from them and this problem is persistent and very annoying, so I'm turning to the community for help.

These four processes have been driving me insane for a couple of months, UserEventAgent, launchd, cfprefsd, mds_stores, all running under root. In that order combined, they use over 230% CPU on my quad-core i7 Mac mini. They always appear together.

Worse, cfprefsd is hammering my disk hundreds of times a second creating a temporary file and then renaming it to /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.xpc.activity2.plist. I'm talking about writing many GB an hour. The file always contains the same contents. Needless to say, the fan is running full blast and the whole system slows down. This occurs within minutes of rebooting and will sometimes clear on its own after a few hours, and sometimes I just have to reboot. Then it will go away for a day or two before rearing its ugly head again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

None of the suggested voodoo I've seen in my searches such as turning off Bluetooth, disabling Safari extensions, rebooting in recovery mode and resetting ACLs, has helped. That includes the advice here: Re: cfprefsd using > 90% of CPU.

I even tried disabling /System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.cts.plugin that someone suggested. It appeared to work, but it disables Time Machine so that "solution" is unacceptable.

Clearing out the ~/Library/Messages folder and rebooting seemed to help, but that is temporary at best because, even without the Messages app running, the incoming messages still recreate the database there. I'm currently running without Messages launched and yet I'm in the middle of an event as I write this. Is it related? Who knows? Even if I could totally disable Messages, I don't want to.

Today, nothing I try seems to help. There you have it gurus. What can I try now?
>>
>>56556608
mamp, lol, are you stupid?? OS X literally ships with mysql apache and php by default.

or you could install them via homebrew..
>>
>>56557249
Mail program on my iMac crashes when opening. I have tried starting computer in safe mode but Mail still crashed immediately. iMac (late 2012) is running El Capitan iOS 10.11.6. Mail is version 9.3.

Problem might be related to a corrupt email, which was on my iPhone and that has subsequently been deleted.
>>
>>56557249
Seriously? How do I even set that up? Only reason I'm using MAMP is because I'm taking a Web Development course, and that's what they said to use.
>>
>>56557416
When I tried to do do a TM backup to my external HD TM doesn.t see my existing backups and tries to do a new complete backup. It first says "preparing backup..." which takes a long time before it starting making a new full backup not using the existing one to do an incremental one.
>>
>>56556753
>>56556784
>>56556806
>>56556859
>>56557173
>>56557269
>>56557469
>I don't like something so I'm going to lightly spam threads about it
Good job doing something with your life anon
>>
>>56557490
on several occasions last week, I went to run a program, and my mac stopped working. I was able to move the mouse, but the computer was frozen otherwise... i knew it because the clock stopped moving, and DiskLED was red. the only way I was able to get back into El Capitan was to use this thing called single user mode (GNU BASH). everytime I startup from that mode, I get a bunch of errors, but it does manage to startup properly. I don't know what really was going on, but when the computer had refused to startup, it got so hot that I could've had a fire, or burned myself. how do I prevent the system from crashing again? I know my hard drive is good so that's not it for sure... thanks!
>>
>>56557490
He does this in every mac thread he can find. The thought of him actually browsing apple support for hours to find questions to post here is pretty amusing
>>
>>56557600
OSX El Capitan, 10.11.6, I started to have problem with File sharing button on the toolbar. It doesn't let me share any files, Notes, pages, numbers, keynote, NONE. Id doesn't let me share them via email, doesn't let me share them in the FB, Twitter, etc... The file, I am trying to share or email, just stops responding and I have to quit the whole program. It also doesn't let me share files via iCloud link. Basically all the sharing has shut down. Files are updating themselves to the cloud and there is no problem sharing them from my iPhone or iPad.
>>
File: 1433577708629.jpg (24KB, 414x419px) Image search: [Google]
1433577708629.jpg
24KB, 414x419px
I'm torn between getting the last non-retina and tricking it the fuck out with dual SSDs and max ram and shit, or waiting for the 2016 overhaul. Currently my only "Macs" are a hackintosh sandy bridge desktop which is my primary dev workstation, and a shitty Santa Rosa BLACKED.COM macbook. My primary laptop is an OpenBSD T430. Convince me any which way, macfa/g/s.
>>
File: feelius.jpg (71KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
feelius.jpg
71KB, 450x800px
>>56558102
Shit, in case it isn't obvious, I'm referring to being torn on which macbook pro to get. bls halp /g/ee
>>
>>56555933
Do you have a list of paths to which you create mentioned symlinks? It would make my life easier.
Exporting a list of brew packages is clever as well.
It seems like you put a fair amount of thinking into addressing this issue. Do you often have to reset your working env or what exactly made you write an automated bootstrap process? Just curious.
>>
>>56558102
I used to own 15MBP from 2011 with 6770M and 1680 × 1050 Matte LCD which was the last upgradable MBP before Retinas came out. I put 16GB of RAM in it and dual SSDs when SSDs only started to take off.
I then sold it and bought 15MBPr from late 2013 which I use as main dev "workstation" rigged with 2 1440p monitors to this day and couldn't be happier with the change. It was worth it.
I would advise you to not bother with old hw because advances made over the course of those few years are really perceivable. The only thing I miss from that 2011 model was the keyboard because it had longer key travel distance than the retina.

Also you should be aware of this:
https://www.apple.com/uk/support/macbookpro-videoissues/
>>
>>56555487
Probably because Windows usually just has their logo as the wallpaper.
>>
>>56555956
then forget about it, and just boot linux
>>
>>56553429
my mate told me there was gui mod for ubuntu to make it look almost the same as mac os

anybody have more info on this i really really really hate mac os but the gui looks nice
>>
File: 1470841069857.gif (24KB, 60x95px) Image search: [Google]
1470841069857.gif
24KB, 60x95px
>>56553429
How do I disable shadows around window borders?
>>
>>56558439
try
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqxukL0ISwg
>>
>>56558300
iMac (2009) OS X 10.11.6 printing intermittently or not at all to HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 All-in One Printer

A Request for Assistance from the HP Community Forum, Apple Community Forum, and AT&T Community Forum

Machines and Software Involved:

HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 e-All-In-One-Printer

Serial No: CN4CNE3463

Latest update: 9/6/16 (Version 5.0 (4.1.1 P, S; 5.17.1 F).

iMac 21.5 inch Late 2009 (daily use)

Serial No: W89415S5PC

OS X El Capitan: Version 10.11.6

MacBook Pro 13.5 inch Late 2009 (occasional use)

Serial No: W8942UW766D

MacBook Air 13.5 inch Mid 2012 (daily use)

Serial No: C02HX3ZADRVC

Wireless Router: AT&T U-verse ARRIS NVG589

plus AT&T Wireless Access Point VEN501 device

Wireless Router Range Extender: Linksys RE6500

Multi-point unresolved printing issue:

HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 had printed successfully from all of the three above noted computers since 4/4/2015 purchase. In late August 2016 it began to intermittently refuse to print wirelessly, sometimes not establishing a wireless connection or hold one from job to job.

On 9/6/16 I posted the issue to the HP Community Forum and between 9/7/16 and 9/8/16 had dialogue about possible solutions. I followed the advice received and performed the following recommended tasks – all to no avail:

1) Sequential powering down and power cord removal of Router, Range Extender, OfficeJet Pro 8610, and iMac and after 60 seconds powering the devices up in same order. Result: Would not Print.

2) Turned off Wireless at iMac. Connected iMac to Printer via Ethernet Cable. Printer would not print.

3) Tried to Scan Wireless from Printer to iMac: Would not Scan.

4) Tried Scan via Ethernet Cable from Printer to iMac: Scan worked.
>>
Why would you put yourselves through this.
>>
File: 20160911_171816_HDR~2.jpg (2MB, 4160x2934px) Image search: [Google]
20160911_171816_HDR~2.jpg
2MB, 4160x2934px
>>56553429
sup
>>
>>56558672
dat keyboard
>>
Using apple mail, I cannot delete an e-mail w/out manually moving it to the trash. Nothing I've tried has had any effect...help!
>>
opendirectory is showing insane amounts of CPU usage and I can hear my fans at full speed constantly.

Check this out:

http://prntscr.com/8w4h7x

I saw this note: OS X: If the opendirectoryd process CPU utilization is high after updating to OS X v10.9.5 - Apple Support

But I don't even use Active Directory.

What can I do?

I recently upgraded to El Capitan.
>>
>>56558300
>videoissues

Incidentally I have a 2010 Mbp and after the update to Mavericks started having graphics card crashes. Turned out there was a replacement programme (or whatever it's called) when my warranty was still valid.

Conveniently the problem started manifesting itself a year after my warranty expired. What's more, Apple "informed" users by posting about the replacement programme in the depths of their website and not emailing anyone about it.

I only found out about it recently by accident. Really disgusting behaviour by these cunts.
>>
>>56558728
I upgraded my imac (late 2009) to El Captitan a few days ago and everything went well and I had no problems using it after the upgrade.

Yesterday I tried to update the latest security fix (2016-001 10.11.6) and now it won't re-start. I get a bright grey screen with a circle with a line through it.
>>
which mac is best for gaming?
>>
>>56558743
big mac
>>
>>56558739
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5981497?tstart=0
>>
>>56558672
lel
>>
>>56558774
When I open Mail I often get the message "Downloading 'X' out of 'Y' messages". The value of Y is usually 66. The value of X last time I did this was 37. The downloading thermometer is showing progress, but no new emails are appearing. I suspect there are not 66 emails downloading, so I close Mail. When I reopen Mail, the message does not reappear nor are there 66 new emails in my "Inbox" or "Junk" folder.

I'm concerned that while the "downloading" is taking place, something else is downloading or data is uploading. I'm using OS X 10.11.6 on a Macbook Pro.

Anybody else run into this? Is it a problem or just an annoyance?
>>
>>56558743
This is a late 2013 iMac running OS X 10.11.6. Installing Security Update 2016-001 10.11.6 requires a restart. The iMac hangs on this restart with a black screen showing a responsive cursor but not restarting. The only alternative is to power cycle the machine. I downloaded and reinstalled OS X 10.11.6 from the App Store. After installation, restart from the Apple menu worked fine and directly for 3 successful restarts. I then tried again to install the security update. When it initialed reboot, the machine again hung as earlier described. I power cycled the machine and, after completing restart, restart from the Apple menu was not successful, resulting in the same hang on restart as described above - black screen, responsive cursor.

The machine is running a 3.5 GHz i7 processor with 16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 RAM and a 256 GB SSD.
>>
>>56558805
No idea. I have the same but never questioned it nor considered it a problem.

Also I like hoarding all my emails so they get indexed by spotlight and I can find what I want quickly.
>>
>>56558771
/thread
>>
>>56558818
wow that's a lot of words can you fit this in under 150 characters
>>
>>56553429
>tfw no Sierra fanfare
In the fucking trash where it belongs
>>
>>56558824
I'm having problems with getting Apple Mail to start. It just hangs and hangs. Usually, when I wait long enough (before doing a Force Quit), the app connects and works. It can take 10-15 minutes.

I'm not having problems with accessing email through other programs: iPhone and Thunderbird.

I tried Safe Mode and that didn't work (both command + s when starting the mail app and restarting the computer in safe mode by holding down the shift key on restart).

I tried rebuilding the index through the Apple Mail menu rebuild selection, but nothing happens. There's no action of any kind.

I followed the suggestion of deleting the envelope index files and forcing the Mail app to rebuild its index. It stops at "Preparing to Import" and just hangs. So I recopy the index files back into the directory, and I'm back to square 1. (I suppose I could wait several hours and see if something happens at "preparing to import," but I haven't tried that yet).

I also tried deleting the com.apple.mail folder. The first time I did it, Mail launched immediately. I was excited, but understood I should re-launch again a few more times. When I did that, I found that the launch time grew slower, and I was back where I was. Plus, I could not figure out how to access the mailbox I had imported located locally in "On my Mac." So, I deleted the new com.apple.mail folder and copied back the old one into into its original place. The first time I did that, the Mail program launched immediately--and my local mailbox in "On my Mac" was accessible. Once again I understood I had to launch a few more times to see what would happen. And the same thing occurred. The second launching of Mail was slow once again--and so were successive attempts. At least, I have access to my local mailbox (in "On my Mac"), however.

I have an iMac using OS 10.11.16.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I should proceed?
>>
>>56558831
Why are grab screen captures yellow on iMac
>>
can one you beta fags open SysPrefs and show me the fonts sheet. I'd like to see what the defaults in Sierra are.

thanks a bunch!
>>
>>56558863
I used to be able to receive my iMessages from my phone on my Mac. I updated to El Capitan, shortly after it was released and this error started about a month ago. I no longer have the "Text Message Forwarding" option listed on my iPhone. When I try to sign onto Message on my Mac, I keep getting the "An error occurred during activation. Try again". I have updated all my devices to current versions. In the Messages it shows my account as 'inactive." I have signed out of all my devices, changed my password, signed back in and still nothing. Can anyone help?
>>
>>56558860
The calendar crashes immediately while opening. I already opened the temp dir `open $TMPDIR..`deleted the cache `C` folder, restarted the computer and deleted the trash. This was not successful.

I created a guest user account, where I'm able to open the calendar. But I cannot open it on my main (admin) account.

Process: Calendar [991]

Path: /Applications/Calendar.app/Contents/MacOS/Calendar

Identifier: com.apple.iCal

Version: 8.0 (2092.3)

Build Info: iCal-2092003000000000~1

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: ??? [1]

Responsible: Calendar [991]

User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2016-09-09 16:39:11.964 +0200

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G1004)

Report Version: 11

Anonymous UUID: DD7A2269-DAE5-C038-6F53-34D6AAA3EF21

Time Awake Since Boot: 690 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'This NSPersistentStoreCoordinator has no persistent stores (unknown). It cannot perform a save operation.'

terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

abort() called
>>
File: 1453533517578.jpg (15KB, 307x371px) Image search: [Google]
1453533517578.jpg
15KB, 307x371px
when i upgraded today to el capitan I lost all of my videos and photos, i upgraded on the hoof so to speak because I was helping a friend unlock their disabled iPad (which I did) but I have shot myself in the foot in iPhoto on the left hand side I had folder upon folder of birthdays, christmas, ruby wedding my daughter all through her life so far and my grandson I am gutted I have been on all different forums today but all I have salvaged are recent ones that were on iCloud about 100 thats all.

I can't do it with time machine, I can't do it on the different library etc etc please can someone help me tia

Julie
>>
>>56558850
After my 4th Mac, I felt so loose that it was extremely embarrasing; however, after talking with my Genius Bar much has changed. Two months of regular updates, along with the spotlight indexing mentioned above, I have gained back most of the RAID in my pelvic floor that I had lost. What a difference! You just have to remember your Mac has been through some of the toughest events after updating you will have to be patient. Remember, it will get much better.
>>
For million billion zillion times

I really don't know how many times I did this (at home, at work, at my friend's macbook) everywhere!! I have to add the second language I am using over and over again!! why dose it disappears by it's self!! when I reset my macbook the second language from the "Input Sources" is no longer available!!

Any permanent solution for this issue which I had for ages now?
>>
File: 1389953473978.jpg (108KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
1389953473978.jpg
108KB, 400x505px
>tfw still on snow leopard
>tfw literally nothing gets updated anymore

it's... it's time to move on...
>>
>>56553512
What happened to him? I remember he used to be big years ago, but then just fell off. Did he get fat and gay?
>>
>>56553481
What storage management options?
>>
>>56559754
He was always gay.
>>
>>56554836
Gay
>>
>>56560291
For the past few months, every time I try to restart my MacBook, it closes everything down and only the dock and wallpaper remains visible. Once it gets to this point it never restarts. I've noticed that if I try to restart my MacBook as soon as I sign in, everything but the wallpaper goes away and when in safe mode, I can easily restart the computer unless I open a new Finder window. If I do that, then I get the same behavior as before: dock and wallpaper, but no restart.

I've reset PRAM, SMC, verified startup disk, repaired permissions, ran diagnostics, but all to no avail. Another detail that may help is this: I wiped my computer some months ago when I sent it in for a fan repair. OS X seemed to restart fine after that. However, the problem persisted when I reloaded my backup from CarbonCopy. This tells me that it may be related to a program I installed that somehow interacts with finder in a bad way. However if it happens in safe mode as well then I'm somewhat at a loss as to how I might pin point the problem app.

Does anyone have any ideas or have any of you dealt successfully with this problem? Fixing it is not imperative but it's very frustrating and any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>56554043
>giancoli
Get a good physics book.
>>
>>56558355
the windows 10 wallpaper is especially hideous
>>
>>56559734

It was time to move on at least 2 years ago.
>>
>>56553429
Is anybody using Ableton Live and 32 Lives? Any problems in Sierra?
>>
>>56561298
Last time I upgraded I got fucked and had to buy upgrades for all of my shit, including plugins, so I'm extra cautious this time.
>>
>>56556772
You can disable Siri.
>>
>>56555487
Windows has some mighty fine wallpapers
>>
>>56561336
stop being poor
>>
is homebrew working on sierra?
>>
>>56561405
Can't Restart iMac to update El Captain

Before it seemed deleting my Wacom and Bamboo tablet software worked.
After finally getting it to restart and update after that I reinstalled the software.
This update came up and I deleted it again, but still won't update.

Does anyone know what maybe causing this and how to fix this?
Thank you ^^
>>
Sierra's GM feels a lot buggier than El Capitan's GM:
>Safari has rendering issues
>folders in launchpad don't show icons until you toggle it on or off
>definitions don't work in Spotlight (not sure if they removed this as there's still an option for it)
>Font Book is a mess (did anyone even look at it?)
>login screen forgot my user picture and replaced it with a really low res default one

And yes, I did a clean install
>>
>>56559734
I got to use it again briefly a few weeks ago. It seemed so much... nicer. Like there was some real attention to detail and everything was more put together.

El Capitans seems to be full of shit like

>open with>>>
>"fetching"
>>
>>56556647
> being poorer than a pajeet
step up your game ranjesh
>>
Newest Sierra build is good, finally
>>
When is this out? Pretty hyped to upgrade.
>>
>>56561505
how to remove ps4ux.com virus from macbook air

hello,

safari and chrome both are infected with ps4ux virus. it automatically opens new tab.
>>
>>56561511
i have a Mac mini mid 2010 and a time capsule running os x capitan 10.11.6 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo , memory 4gb 1067 mhz DDR3

on the last update it deleted all my history on my time capusal and started a new refresh history and started again from 03/08/2016 i lost all the back up. now this is the THIRD i have had this issue with time machines .

my mac mini is dead slow since i updated with last update also i started to loose data from my files in my documents.

i have 72000 pictures on my hard drive, i was using some of them before i updated the computer but they are no longer there .

getting really frustrated with MAC

what can i do, do i put leopard back on will my computer work better ? i do not want to remove the pictures they are all in files and many sub files ?
>>
>>56561496
I have an iMac with El Capitan version 10.11.6. I've had no trouble doing a screenshot. The camera clicked and copy went to my desktop. Then suddenly, 2 days ago I lost the ability to do a screenshot. I checked system preferences but everything seems to check out. I'm very frustrated and ready to call Apple. Anyone else have this problem?
>>
>>56561453
I keep getting a message that safari has detected a trojan virus. e.tre456_worm_osx

safari constantly jumps to mackeeper add asking me to download the app and run it etc etc.

Is this a valid warning or a scam...

If scam how do i stop system from constantly popping up with this annoyance?
>>
>>56561405
anyone?
>>
>>56561547
Disk Utility Says Everything is Fine, when it's not

I'm trying to figure out what the point of Disk Utility is. I checked (repeatedly) my startup disk (SSD) and a second internal HDD, Disk Utility says everything is fine and nothing needed repairing. Meanwhile I can tell the drives are definitely *not* ok since I'm getting poor system performance, and the HDD randomly ejects when I access/copy certain files.

I went and got SMART Utility and Disk Warrior, SMART Utility says my startup drive is FAILING and my HDD is FAILED.

I'm now running DW on it, but I'm pretty annoyed that Disk Utility is essentially useless to see if there are any problems with the drives...
>>
>>56561440
Filed El Capitain update on Macbook Air

So, I give in to my nagging El Capitan update message on my Macbook air and, not anticipating a problem, didn't back up files and don't use time machine. BIG MISTAKE! Checked out help forums and tried re-installing update several times and even left overnight with no luck. Just freezes on the Apple logo and completed black bar.

I can access the utilities menu through recovery mode but have no options for reinstalling original OS X (Snow Leopard) i was using.

Desperate to return to previous OS X and rescue applications and files. Have even looked at using Terminal to try and recover files by sending to my old imac or icloud.

Can anyone suggest a way forward?

(off to buy an external drive to use time machine if i ever get the computer to work again!)
>>
>>56558672
>water next to the laptop
>>
>>56561453

Well leopard was the last milestone before they started to focus more on iOS. It was lucky that Snow Leopard turned out as good as it did after 8 updates.
>>
>>56561522
>>56561546

Is this a /g/ meme?
>>
>>56561571
Almost every morning, when I open my MacBook Pro at work, Calendar immediately throws an error saying "Calendar can't verify the identity of the server _________". Whenever this happens, invariably, iTunes does the same thing.

This has persisted across multiple versions of OS X and iTunes.

If I tell Calendar / iTunes to just "Continue" everything is fine. But this error is very annoying,

How can I take care of this? Are the certificates really being spoofed? Or is this some kind of spurious error? How can I tell?

If anyone can give any guidance, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>56561587
Since updating to 10.11.6 chrome would crash within a minute or two of opening it. Not being able to figure that out I started using safari which was fine until running a website with flash that caused it to freeze up. I could only restart by holding the power button down and everytime I try to boot it back up it beachballs. I've left it running for hours but it's stuck. I've tried safebooting and the same thing happens. What are my options at this point other than just performing a clean install?
>>
OS X El Capitan v10.11.6 Update. Wifi loses connection, when I turn off the wifi it will not turn back on again. Anyone else having similar problems? Any solutions?
>>
>>56561560
What are you fucking talking about? I'm talking about the package manager for OSX; homebrew. Your missing drivers aren't related.
>>
Is there a spambot ITT?
>>
>>56561630
When I opened my macbook this morning I saw an update available that was simply to fix a security issue. There's nothing wrong with the computer, but I hadn't started any work yet so it seemed like a good time to update. The notification that the computer would automatically restart came up, and I clicked restart to get the process moving. It seemed to simply dismiss the notification. I tried again to make sure that I hit the restart button, nothing again. I googled: Mac won't perform security update. Most results were for older versions of the Mac OS. I figured a restart might help. The apple menu couldn't preform one. Shut down, same result as before and the same happened for logging out. I can sleep the computer, but logging out is impossible. I figure that a problem in Adobe's creative suite (the most recently installed program) is preventing shut down. Resetting SMC doesn't work. Using activity monitor to manually quit the login window process also fails to fix the problem. I'd like to make sure that I can install future updates, and it would be nice if I could install this one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
>>
>>56561641
either that or someone really has nothing to do
>>
>>56561641
Mail behaving strangely, can't open or close windows

Suddenly I can't open any messages. When I click on a message to open it, it won't open, and instead a blank new message window opens behind the message list window. I then cannot close either that new window nor the main message window. All I can do is exit the Apple Mail program. When I open Mail again, the problem repeats. This is a crisis, I am in the middle of a project with a deadline and now I can't read or send messages!
>>
>>56561646
On my mac mini I tried to install the latest update and my mac will not restart. the message to restart comes up but it still will not.
>>
>>56561601

Have you ever done a fresh install?
>>
Telling Siri to open Youtube causes an unexpected error, anyone else getting this?
>>
>>56553429
just a few.
>>56553481
did they readd the feature, in the latest beta it was removed afaik.
>>
>>56562571
yeah it's in the GM
>>
>>56562581
no it isn't.
>>
I can't pirate tuxera anymore. Pretty sad.

Hell I'm going to say it straight, I don't use the two features I can see here which are Siri and PIP. I might go back to El Cap if this has any flaw because I don't see any improvement. I can do this shit and that's all that matters.
>>
Oh look it's that guy that posts tonymac posts here so it looks like people need help fixing this shit
>>
>>56555415
Is there any way to change language to Kazakh?
>>
>>56553481
Why don't you maximize it, you autist?
>>
>>56561570
>>water next to the laptop

Are macbooks not spill proof? :^)
>>
I'm not gonna lie, I do like OSX (no, not macOS, I already tried it and I'm going back to El Cap). For basic stuff it works fucking great. Design wise it is pretty good compared to the defaults on Windows 10 which are still an abomination despite the changes in that anniversary update.

It's true it's not good with anything powerful, but I decided to dual boot instead. Why the fuck not? The only reason I kept windows around was games. Linux has more troublesome drivers on my end.
>>
File: .png (108KB, 782x561px) Image search: [Google]
.png
108KB, 782x561px
>>56563312
b-but it's russian

i found kazakh in the + menu though
>>
hey, can someone post their useragent while on the latest OSX?

thanks.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.