[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I7-6700k, GTX 1080, Acer z35 Master race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_ZmP09HRx.jpg (126KB, 925x925px) Image search: [Google]
4L_ZmP09HRx.jpg
126KB, 925x925px
Is this master race?
>>
>GAYMER monitor
no
>>
>>56552870
Top Gaymer
>>
>>56552849

if you're going to buy a $1000 monitor going for a hex-core should also be on your list of things to do.
>>
why are there no ips gsync monitors with good aesthetics
Dell has a really good looking one but
>TN
no
>>
>>56552849
>why are there no ips gsync monitors with good aesthetics
PG279Q

Disable the lighting
>>
a curved ultrawide monitor? reference to "master race"?

what an odd divergence for /g/ to have a tool among us.
>>
What's the deal with curved monitors anyway? Are they good for anything else besides movie and gaming?
>>
>>56553449
>Anus Quality control
>Implying I want to RMA my monitor 20 times
>>
File: 24-001-971-07.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
24-001-971-07.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>56553462
Nope. I mean they still have the advantage of ultra wide monitors (more screen real estate) but the whole curved part is to simulate having multiple monitors side by side. Makes it more "immersive" according to specs.

I have pic related. Cost me $630 when it came out and I have no regrets. Best 1440p panel money could buy at the time. By the time I upgrade this fucker, 4k will be mainstream.
>>
>>56553463
I played the RMA game but I also got the best gaming panel on the market.

Acer's equivalent monitor looks shitty and has a shitty stand.
>>
>>56553345
but 6700k is better for gaymes
>>
>>56553462
on especially large monitors there can be a perceived advantage that you don't have to deal with seeing the monitor at a skewed angle. if you imagine yourself front and center of a 200 inch monitor, looking at the top right corner will obviously mean you're looking at it at an angle that ruins the angles about as much as possible (short of deliberately sitting off to the edge). curved monitors would, in principle, solve that problem.

there are a few issues with this logic:
1) IPS monitors basically don't have this issue; i could take some photos of my monitors from various angles, but the point is you practically need to be parallel to the panel.
2) let's say you went with TN because you're cheap; the monitor still needs to be >40" or you need to be insanely close for this to be noticeable.

my sense is that most curved monitor advocates come up with these specious justifications post facto, and their knee-jerk reaction is that curved monitors look novel and are therefore exciting and cool.

i caution very very strongly against buying for reasons like novelty. when i was younger i used to get stuff because it seemed cool at first glance, but after a few weeks it became clear that i had no real use for the shit i bought. having all these reminders of stupid, impulsive purchases i had made over the years got to be really depressing, and throwing it all out only removed the *constant* reminders; i still remember this shit and it still bugs me that i was so wrong about what would make my life better. and there are things that you can buy that make your life better (anyone that says money can't buy happiness is retarded; you just have to spend it on the right things).

if you think you want a curved monitor, stew on that thought for a month or two. look for situations where you might benefit from it. if you still really think it's the right thing for you, then hunt around for a good curved monitor at a good price and all that shit.
>>
>>56553449
>Disable the lighting
Just put it on a nice monitor arm.
>>
>>56553545
how are there RMA process? do you have to pay for shipping?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.