[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The new elementary OS is out!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

...and it sucks shit just as bad as the previous versions.
>>
btfo to your cave Archtard
It's fine for its targeted userbase. Linux distros aren't only for developers and sysadmins since 2002.
>>
File: IMG-20150912-WA0012.jpg (383KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150912-WA0012.jpg
383KB, 1600x1066px
>>56549604
k
>>
looks pretty good to me

descent look and just basic linux, whats wrong with it
>>
>>56549831
fedoratard actually but who is the target audience, someone that wants to pretend they have os x while having a nonfunctional operating system.
>>
>>56549912
one of the many things that's wrong iwth it is that you basically have to replace every single default application to get basic function, they tried to use midori as their browser but it was shit so they moved to epiphany which is just as bad, why can't they use firefox like the rest of the fucking world or if they want to "think different" chromium, their dumbed down homebrew "apps" are even worse than using epiphany, elementary is all style no substance
>>
File: B1-noscale.jpg (123KB, 1438x966px) Image search: [Google]
B1-noscale.jpg
123KB, 1438x966px
Everything looks exactly the same.
>>
>>56549931
The same userbase that Linux Mint and Manjaro targets. A nice looking and functional for normies distro. That is all.
>nonfuctional
How? It is a just a re-skinned Ubuntu, one of the major distros.
>>
>>56550000
>>56550000
>>56550000
>>56550000
fug, so many repeating digits
>>
>>56549604
I don't get the hate towards elementary OS. I mean it works, it looks nice and it's Linux. What's not to love?
>>
it's not functional though, you have to replace basically everything to make it functional so some schmuck will install this, nothing works properly, epiphany come on, "music", "videos", etc. - they'll think "ganoo lennox" is fucking shit, the email client is ok i guess but music and videos is subpar
>>
>>56550000
> Those quads
Kill yourself
>>
>>56549604

I just installed this thing

It feels like they don't want me to use it for anything but browsing and shitposting. I feel extremely restricted

going to switch back to ubuntu i guess
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.