[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is just to clarify owners or future owners of a RX 480.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: WIN_20160910_23_03_08_Pro.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160910_23_03_08_Pro.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
This is just to clarify owners or future owners of a RX 480.

I had many doubts about buying this card due to no clarifying about it having a RAMDAC or not, I have a 2 monitor setup that uses VGA conection so I was really afraid of buying this shit and need to buy an expensive conversor and have input lag because of it. After many research I ended up buying a RX 480 Red Devil and two displayport 2 vga conversors.

It was a fucking hassle to make it work, then I thought it was my fault by being so naive in buying a card with only digital output and two conversors that didn't work at all. Them after many tries I ended up making it work.

This is what I did:
I used a HDMI cable through my TV, it worked right on, the problem is that Windows 10 didnt recgonized the GPU at all, it was using a generic microsoft driver and only recgonized the HDMI output so if you try to use a Displayport or DVI-D it will not work at all. After that i force the instalation of the driver through the .inf file. Ass soon as I did it, it recgonized both of my other monitors and worked straight up like a charm. Them I run DXDiag and look at it:

Card name: Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x67DF)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

The card DOES HAVE a DAC full speed.

So, to everyone unaware of that be assured that the card does have a DAC and will work with your VGA/DVI-I monitor just fine if you use a conversor.
>>
>>56548533
You're doing God's work anon. I'll save a screenshot of this for when I buy this card in 5-8 years.
>>
>>56548929
>he thinks the price will get normal in 5-8 years
lmao
>>
>>56548533
Another quality AMD drivers really do suck post. Even the owners admit it 2.0.
>>
>>56548929
Thank you mate, you're welcome.
>>
>>56549587
Actually the AMD drivers that saved me from this, also, this new AMD drivers is pretty good giving nice upgrade on drawcalls for DX11.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.